Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Yeovil Phone-in Thread [Merged threads]

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
look mate i manage it and im 16 and manage to go to most games, and you lot are all the same sort of people who only go to big away games - southampton, tottenham, west ham, reading etc

Your 16 - you don't have to pay full prices at many grounds for a start...

And anyway, don't look at me - i've missed 2 home games this season due to holiday (non ST holder), and was present at Forest & Millwall. I plan to be at Saturdays game, and try to budget for around 1 away game a month. I'm a University student - I can't afford to go every week!

But I go to watch football, paying £17 for a home ticket. I get enjoyment for that money, catching up with mates i often don't see, having a few beers before the game, having a sing song and being gripped for 90 minutes hoping the team wins. That's why i go to football - because i love it. I'd go every week if i could afford to/didn't have work commitments/college (like yourself). OTHERS attend games to be entertained by the football - currently we're in a shit ground with a week, inexperienced squad. 16-£24 for a home game (more for away games!), and it doesn't represent value for money.

Yes, we need to get behind the team, but many (understandably, for reasons above) want the board and team to give something back. And at the moment, they're just not doing that.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
supaseagull said:
If you're only 16, don't come on here having digs at grown ups who do real work and have to pay for their own tickets and pay for you to go to college through their taxes, rather than getting mummy & daddy pay for them all the time.

See annoying isn't it when people patronise you - you have alot to learn

mummy and daddy dont pay for my tickets, i pay for everything myself travel to away games etc

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Withdean Wanderer said:
Your 16 - you don't have to pay full prices at many grounds for a start...

And anyway, don't look at me - i've missed 2 home games this season due to holiday (non ST holder), and was present at Forest & Millwall. I plan to be at Saturdays game, and try to budget for around 1 away game a month. I'm a University student - I can't afford to go every week!

But I go to watch football, paying £17 for a home ticket. I get enjoyment for that money, catching up with mates i often don't see, having a few beers before the game, having a sing song and being gripped for 90 minutes hoping the team wins. That's why i go to football - because i love it. I'd go every week if i could afford to/didn't have work commitments/college (like yourself). OTHERS attend games to be entertained by the football - currently we're in a shit ground with a week, inexperienced squad. 16-£24 for a home game (more for away games!), and it doesn't represent value for money.

Yes, we need to get behind the team, but many (understandably, for reasons above) want the board and team to give something back. And at the moment, they're just not doing that.

The most sensible post on this thread. Well done Potter. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
mummy and daddy dont pay for my tickets, i pay for everything myself travel to away games etc

16 years old and you pay for EVERYTHING yourself...let me know where you work because if you go to college and are working part time you must be on a shed load of cash and I want to send in my CV.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh-Rehman36 said:

Kiddy/student tickets/railfair - that for a start makes it a lot cheaper.

I bet you must earn a fair bit as well...and if not, then clearly you don't have much in the way of other priorities (that isn't neccessarily a bad thing), which isn't the case of many on here.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It easier when you're 16 and you have the money.

All said I respect his support.

.. but if your central heating blows up and your parents, landlord whatever can't pay for it.

Well that's at least 3 season tickets isn't it ?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
cardboard said:
You don't have bills, cars, mortgages, children.... to pay for though do you

i spend all my money on brighton and other football and if your all honest with yourselfs so could you but typical brits just want to moan about everything and how bad there lives are, just shows why we're a failing country

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
i spend all my money on brighton and other football and if your all honest with yourselfs so could you but typical brits just want to moan about everything and how bad there lives are, just shows why we're a failing country

Oh for f***'s sake!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
I'm Polish...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh-Rehman36 said:

So if you were a parent, with a mortgage to pay, you would spend ALL your money on Brighton and other football?

Sorry, but I fail to see how you can criticse others for having other priorities!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Zesh-Rehman36 said:

most immature post on here in a long time, sad :nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
now there was no need for that

Zesh

There are loads of reasons people dont go.

Stop trying to act all holier than thou, you end up looking like atit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here