Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL: We are a soft touch as 300,000 Polish gyppo's on way to England...

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Pavilionaire said:
What we need is a bit more mutual respect, an even-handed, fair, unprejudiced and considerate debate on the actual question - of whether the blood-sucking, leech-like, pikey hordes should be allowed on the shores of This Sceptered Isle or not...
lol!

by the way seagulls return, don't worry about looney. he's always bleating on about stuff. gets it from his social worker:)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think it's a fair point though Tedebear, there are probably a lot English born people that would do anything for your job and you only ever seem to moan about it on here then have the audacity to complain when your International clearance is not being renewed.

Harsh but fair.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
dwayne said:
I think it's a fair point though Tedebear, there are probably a lot English born people that would do anything for your job and you only ever seem to moan about it on here then have the audacity to complain when your International clearance is not being renewed.

Harsh but fair.

nope - completely out of order Dwayne - you know nothing about my job and what I've been through - and about why my change of status (its not a renewal) was denied.

shut it mate

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seems like you to are Poles Apart on this one...

:(

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Spicy said:
What a load of b*ll*cks! What you are saying is that the UK should be the dustbin of Europe for all the unwanted people of the EU and not complain about it. The UK cannot sustain the unlimited immigration of people who do not want to contribute to the economy. Anyhow, you can talk the USA has one of the tightest immigration policies in the world.

Well done, you've completely proved my point!
You've made a completely unsupported conclusion that letting people into the country will turn it into the dustbin of Europe because of the implied assumption that foreigners are scum and somehow unworthy of living in god's green England.
You also made another completely unsupported conclusion using the prejudicial assumption that immigrates do not want to contribute to the economy.
Do you really think people will move hundreds of miles from their homeland and leave everything and everybody they know just to sit in a shitty council estate and be hated by bigots like you?

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
US Seagull said:
You've made a completely unsupported conclusion that letting people into the country will turn it into the dustbin of Europe because of the implied assumption that foreigners are scum and somehow unworthy of living in god's green England.
You also made another completely unsupported conclusion using prejudicial assumption that immigrates do not want to contribute to the economy.
Do you really think people will move hundreds of miles from their homeland and live everything and everybody they know just to sit in a shitty council estate and be hated by bigots like you?

Very good post.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
US Seagull said:
You also made another completely unsupported conclusion using prejudicial assumption that immigrates do not want to contribute to the economy.
Do you really think people will move hundreds of miles from their homeland and live everything and everybody they know just to sit in a shitty council estate and be hated by bigots like you?

quite true - I'm not polish or a pikey - but some of the comments I recieve even in jest are completely and utterly without thought or founded argument....

why the hell would I decide to stay here, work here, pay taxes here, buy a house here, support my local community and my local football team if the fact of the matter was that I'm trying to freeload here??

The immigration system here unfortunately suffers from 2 problems.... bleeding heart liberals who can't deny assylum seekers a right to a good life (because its not policitally correct) and secondly over zealous box tickers - just because I don't fit into one of their neat little bozes to tick then I get refused - no argument and no debate...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
tedebear said:
quite true - I'm not polish or a pikey - but some of the comments I recieve even in jest are completely and utterly without thought or founded argument....

why the hell would I decide to stay here, work here, pay taxes here, buy a house here, support my local community and my local football team if the fact of the matter was that I'm trying to freeload here??

The immigration system here unfortunately suffers from 2 problems.... bleeding heart liberals who can't deny assylum seekers a right to a good life (because its not policitally correct) and secondly over zealous box tickers - just because I don't fit into one of their neat little bozes to tick then I get refused - no argument and no debate...

My heart bleeds.
I like my heart.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Meade's_Ball said:
My heart bleeds.
I like my heart.

so you'd rather an assylum seeker who may not contribute anything instead of someone who works, pays taxes and contributes to society??

or am I misunderstanding??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
tedebear said:
The immigration system here unfortunately suffers from 2 problems.... bleeding heart liberals who can't deny assylum seekers a right to a good life (because its not policitally correct)

No, we can't deny asylum seekers because the UK signed a convention in (I think) 1947 that means that any genuine refugees who wish to come to this country (or any other signatory country) cannot be turned away.

It's nothing to do with bleeding-heart liberals (David Blunkett a bleeding heart liberal?) it's to do with the country's legal obligations.

It should also be pointed out that nine other European countries take more refugees than we do (and as El Pres pointed out we're the fourth richest country in the world) and that some countries in the Third World, like Pakistan, take considerably more.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Gwylan said:
No, we can't deny asylum seekers because the UK signed a convention in (I think) 1947 that means that any genuine refugees who wish to come to this country (or any other signatory country) cannot be turned away.

It's nothing to do with bleeding-heart liberals (David Blunkett a bleeding heart liberal?) it's to do with the country's legal obligations.

It should also be pointed out that nine other European countries take more refugees than we do (and as El Pres pointed out we're the fourth richest country in the world) and that some countries in the Third World, like Pakistan, take considerably more.

I agree. There is nothing "bleeding-heart liberal" about providing a refuge to those unfortunate enough to live in a state where they are persecuted and tortured etc.

The major problem I can see with the system is that asylum seekers going through the process aren't allowed to work and contribute to the economy even if they want to.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
tedebear said:
so you'd rather an assylum seeker who may not contribute anything instead of someone who works, pays taxes and contributes to society??

or am I misunderstanding??

I'd rather have you both.
I'm not in a position to make a choice between yourself and an anonymous asylum-seeker.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Highfields Seagull said:
I agree. There is nothing "bleeding-heart liberal" about providing a refuge to those unfortunate enough to live in a state where they are persecuted and tortured etc.

completely agree - sorry don't get me wrong there - for any genuine refugee case I completely understand and will always....

My problem is that many of these refugees are coming here for simply a better way of life and being granted access - without then being able to work. Others who have been living working and paying taxes here for the prescribed amount of time on one type of permit - applied to have that changed to indefinite leave to remain are then denied the ability to stay, even though contributing far more to society than these people - is my being here funding these people?? I hope not...

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
GUNTER said:
They are counting the days until May 1 when countries such as Poland and Slovakia join the EU, a Sun investigation has revealed.

Britain has pledged to welcome them with open arms — unlike EU partners such as France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Once here they will be entitled to the same health, education, pension and welfare benefits as the rest of us. Other EU countries like France and Germany have ruled out free access to jobs for up to seven years.

But Britain and Ireland will grant full rights from day one.

I think this is an example of why people get so frustrated and anger proliferates. IMHO it is not unreasonable to ask why all the current EU member countries do not have a common rationalised approach to prepare for people migrating from the new ones. Why are we the only country offering the possibility of immediate access (from May 1st) when the others are not ? Why should we be the odd one out in Europe, surely the rules should be common, I thought that sort of thinking was the lifeblood of the EU ?

It's not a matter of the UK taking a soft approach but the UK taking a different approach that annoys me.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Contribute my arse as a small percentage do and the rest send the money home to help them get in here.
Its to over crowded and the amount of greasy haired people in town lately is un-real.:nono: :nono:

Dread to think in the long time:angry:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
The UK has always had immigration. Many people in Sussex originated from Saxons (Germany) and Normans (French)

Who said they do not want to contribute to the economy?

As to the point made about the UK has always had immigration, I wonder if the Saxons and Normans came in the following numbers? Stats for 2002

115,895 people granted settlement in the UK
359,000 students admitted
120,115 work permit holders
84,130 applications for asylum

In comparison to these figures, only 65,460 persons were removed or chose to leave the UK voluntarily.

I am sure if you lived in Dover or in London you would have a different view of immigrants coming into the UK.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A lot of people leave this country as well you know and live in Spain and France.

Migration of people works both ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here