Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFICIAL: We are a soft touch as 300,000 Polish gyppo's on way to England...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't think anyone would argue with people who want to come here to work and make a life for themselves. I think the worry has been that people will not work thereby creating a greater strain on the social services budget of this country. The number of those working and therefore paying taxes is diminishing due to the increasing size of the ageing population. Added to the ageing population are the number of asylum seekers who need to be provided with benefits, schools, housing, etc. There is obvious concern that the addition of further EU states may therefore have a further impact on the economy. Some nationals of other EU countries seem to think they have a right to live here and live off the country - they don't. This goes for all immigrants from our EU partner countries, not just the Polish.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
what an idiot. If it is undiagnosed you haven't got it you twat, there's too many people in the workplace and beyond these days that cry dyslexia, and haven't got it, they just can't f***ing spell!!! at least you admit you're a liar though.

You really are ignorant aren't you?

It only started being diagnosed about 25 years ago. People above 40'ish were not diagnosed at all.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
El Presidente said:
I have taught in Poland and found the people there charming, intelligent and hard working. They had to put up with the crap of the communist system for decades, but once rid of it have done their best to better themselves.

As the son of an immigrant myself I find some of the comments here bewildering. If you work hard and make the most of your abilities then there is no reason to be paranoid about immigration. A number of NSC'ers post from Japan, Australia and America and we don't slag them off for spongeing off the systems in those countries.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. It's the xenophobic and bigoted attutides of some posters on here that make me glad to be somewhere else. :salute:

It's all this backward looking pining for the days of the empire assumption of superiority that cripples Britain and makes her such an irrelevence in today's world.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Part of the EU rules are that anyone can move to anywhere in the Union, and live there if they want. If people who live in Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic want to come to the UK we can't stop them in the end, that's if we want to be part of the EU.

I'm somewhere in the middle ground with this. I think there is likely to be a increase in immigration, from Roma especially. They tried to come in in large numbers before (remember there were British immigration officals in Prague for a while), and they will now they can do it without any trouble.

I suspect that this will have a small effect on things like house prices (they will stay high), jobs (while they can work legally, I suspect there will be some who do black market work which undercuts and hurts the British minimum wage earners), and social cohesion (I'm sure they won't want to disperse around Britian, as they're free to go where they like, and this may cause problems in some areas).

Over the long run I think it's ok. If people want a free Europe, with free movement of people, you have to understand that this means everyone. Some of the Roma have a terrible time in ex-Czechoslovakia, and I don't blame them for wanting to leave. But equally I can understand the fear that people have of large numbers of immigrants turning up and taking over a whole area.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Why do so many people disagree with the peoples paper and you bet it will happen and these gyps are the rogues of people and certainly not the sort we want.

:censored:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Duncan H said:
I'm somewhere in the middle ground with this.

Me too mate. I'm all for European expansion but not at any cost. I think there is certain criteria that needs to met in order to make it work - something like a reasonably high average GDP, and educational attainment. Otherwise in the short term, the unskilled and semi-skilled amongst the native workforce are going to be very pissed off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lord Bracknell said:
Excellent news. These people want to work and pay taxes.

We need more young taxpayers to keep layabouts like me in comfort when we get older and start draining the resources of the NHS.

Arrogant drivel IMHO my lord. :p

I'm guessing you're not semi skilled - either that or you don't need the money. We're better off changing the benefit system to encourage the native scroungers to get back to work than attract 100,000 foreign people searching for a better life.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
You really are ignorant aren't you?

It only started being diagnosed about 25 years ago. People above 40'ish were not diagnosed at all.

That point is irelevant, if Looney is so sure that he has it then he can be identified as having it at anytime. No?

I recognise that Dyslexia makes up most learning disabilities but I also recognise that most people can overcome it, Looney (or Peter, shall I give out your real name?) is just fik.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
berkshire seagull said:
Why do so many people disagree with the peoples paper and you bet it will happen and these gyps are the rogues of people and certainly not the sort we want.

:censored:

People's paper? After the lies that Murdoch's rag spread about Hillsboro' and Colenel 'H' Jones I would not wipe my arse with it

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
fatbadger said:
looney, I'm proud of you - finally admitting to having been a loony lefty all along!

LOL! I knew it too. He reads the Guardian you know!

(I bet he eats muesli too)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
]
[''''''''''

(Sorry the bit above was written by a cat jumping on the keyboard)

Anyway, think of the opportunities, boys and girls. With the price of houses in the UK these days, you could probably sell up and move east and pick up a nice little mansion somewhere. Long way to go for home games, but we'll qualify for Europe quite soon and then you might be able to put the rest of us up.

Now to try to remove all the cat fur from between the keys...

I have to wonder why we flatter our country to believe that all and sundry want to flock to Britain and bypass France, Spain, and Italy (for instance). I doubt that Poland is so bleak and barren anyway.

Let's face it, there are enough 'gyppo' types that simply live in council estates in Britain - nicking vandalising intimidating and cheating but never working or paying taxes. Want to annex Liverpool and Glasgow? (ok, Croydon would be alright to segregate and cull)

How about culling the lot of them, round the buggers up for concentration camps and gas chambers?
It has been done before, and last time they threw in the generally successful capitalists that tended to do well in the society in which they lived.

You just can't have a united Europe and get choosey about what 'types' you want. There are still places in England that are intolerant of Indians, Jamaicans, Africans and Arabs in their neighbourhoods - but they were a legacy of the British Empire, and remember that some places considered the British to be a scourge. Now it's United Europe, and one day perhaps the World will be a free-for-all.

It's about time to drop the xenophobia and not pre-judge whole nations because of a few bad examples - or do some people want to take advantage of our island situation and keep everyone foreign out?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
US Seagull said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. It's the xenophobic and bigoted attutides of some posters on here that make me glad to be somewhere else. :salute:

It's all this backward looking pining for the days of the empire assumption of superiority that cripples Britain and makes her such an irrelevence in today's world.

What a load of b*ll*cks! What you are saying is that the UK should be the dustbin of Europe for all the unwanted people of the EU and not complain about it. The UK cannot sustain the unlimited immigration of people who do not want to contribute to the economy. Anyhow, you can talk the USA has one of the tightest immigration policies in the world.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Spicy said:
The UK cannot sustain the unlimited immigration of people who do not want to contribute to the economy. Anyhow, you can talk the USA has one of the tightest immigration policies in the world.

The UK has always had immigration. Many people in Sussex originated from Saxons (Germany) and Normans (French)

Who said they do not want to contribute to the economy?

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Blimey, if I'd realised how sensitive Looney is about his spelling, I'd never have taken the mickey! That's what comes of being a "Newbie", I suppose... still, I did think a bloke who can dish it out so readily (and entertainingly, too) would be able to take a little mockery, however heavy-handed. My mistake.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Spicy said:
What a load of b*ll*cks! What you are saying is that the UK should be the dustbin of Europe for all the unwanted people of the EU and not complain about it. The UK cannot sustain the unlimited immigration of people who do not want to contribute to the economy. Anyhow, you can talk the USA has one of the tightest immigration policies in the world.

Who is saying that these people do not want to contribute to the economy?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Re: OFFICIAL: We are a soft touch as 300,000 Polish gyppo's on way to England...

dwayne said:
maybe if you were a little more grateful for having a job instead of moaning all the time about how shit it is, you would have got an extension.

Absolutely nothing to do with it at all - you have absolutely no f***ing idea you idiot...

excuse my french everyone but this time he's really pissed me off!!

Dwayne shut your trap until you can say something you know even the littlest bit about...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What we need is a bit more mutual respect, an even-handed, fair, unprejudiced and considerate debate on the actual question - of whether the blood-sucking, leech-like, pikey hordes should be allowed on the shores of This Sceptered Isle or not...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here