Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I'm still suffering with tibialis posterior tendinopathy, but after all this bloody effort I'm going to turn up and do it. It's wrecked my time, but what's the worse than can happen...I walk a bit. I just want that damn medal after all the pain, sweat, winter evening runs and physio appointments now

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I'm still suffering with tibialis posterior tendinopathy, but after all this bloody effort I'm going to turn up and do it. It's wrecked my time, but what's the worse than can happen...I walk a bit. I just want that damn medal after all the pain, sweat, winter evening runs and physio appointments now

Good luck DK.

How did it go Smythe?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Paul Godley was excellent!!! Thanks SSB. We discussed The Albion and the fact that his AMEX seat was probably being fitted today!!
Anyway the injury....not a calf strain as i thought, not actually the calf muscle but the soleus muscle which sits under the calf muscle. Basically ive been doing calf stretches but not stretching this muscle and as ive been training over the last 5 months its contracted and shortened and the fibres in the muscle have bunched up under tension to give me this shooting pain. He successfully managed to stretch the muscle out with a pretty painful massage and ive got to do specific stretching hourly all over the weekend and go for a slow run again Sunday to see how it goes. Im not totally ruled out of the big day just yet!!! Feeling really sore at the moment which he said it would but he was pretty optimistic.
The good thing is there isnt actually any muscle strain or damage, he said he would fit me in next week again if necessary along with many others for pre marathon checks....top bloke, definately recommend him.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Paul Godley was excellent!!! Thanks SSB. We discussed The Albion and the fact that his AMEX seat was probably being fitted today!!
Anyway the injury....not a calf strain as i thought, not actually the calf muscle but the soleus muscle which sits under the calf muscle. Basically ive been doing calf stretches but not stretching this muscle and as ive been training over the last 5 months its contracted and shortened and the fibres in the muscle have bunched up under tension to give me this shooting pain. He successfully managed to stretch the muscle out with a pretty painful massage and ive got to do specific stretching hourly all over the weekend and go for a slow run again Sunday to see how it goes. Im not totally ruled out of the big day just yet!!! Feeling really sore at the moment which he said it would but he was pretty optimistic.
The good thing is there isnt actually any muscle strain or damage, he said he would fit me in next week again if necessary along with many others for pre marathon checks....top bloke, definately recommend him.

Good news Smythe.

Remember - hourly stretches.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will do LB......i guess it shows the importance of stretching and warming up and not just the obvious hamstring stretches!!

Good advert. I think I'll look this chap up when I next need a rub down. I can also recommend Helen Morrell at Brighton Podiatry. She is brilliant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks LB. Managed 9 miles Friday night, I'll be there just going to hurt a bit

Good work. One more week and it will all be over. Good luck.

I have just got back from running to Worthing pier and back. Now my taper begins.....yay!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Holy crap, one week to go.

Been having physio treatment for a sciatic nerve problem all week (turns out this is what's been making my hamstring feel sore since November), so have only managed 3x five or six mile runs in the last week, since my 22 miler two weeks ago. I should get in two or three more short ones next week, and I mean short ones, hopefully this will get me through.

This time next week, it will all be over, and I will never have to run again if I don't want to. (I will though :lol:)

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Good luck to all of you running the Brighton Marathon, hope all goes well, remember

Pain is temporary

Memories and achievement are permanent.

:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have been cheered up by the news that I've broken the £800.00 mark for sponsorship, now doing last minute chase ups of those who promised but haven't yet delivered :lolol:

Weather forecast for Sunday: bright, sunny, high of 18C, so I shall be plastering myself in suncream too. Another thing to think about...

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Colds eh? I've had a sore throat for the last 2 days, hoping it doesn't turn out to be a cold.

Suncream could be a very good idea for Sunday. Its easy to get caught out doing April marathons. I didn't think about it last year, and got burnt as a result.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same here, good luck to those doing Brighton on Sunday, especially Mr Blooby and ManOnTheRun. I'll be cheering you from the end of Osborne Villas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here