Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who did the half today ? Liked the new route. Nice steady 1hr 53 for me. Overtook a palace fan in the last mile (although he was probably 10yrs older than me).

No goody bag though:angry:

Yup, I did it in 96 mins. The race has certainly had a big make over, better much improved course, a new name and much more professional all round. I did it as a VIP and got a free post-race massage, a rather nice running shirt and enjoyed free tea and home made cake in a little tent after the race. Nice.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Did it in the same time as last year (2:10) which I'm pretty pleased about seeing as I am completely apathetic about running this year, plus it was also the longest run I've done since the last marathon, heh. Although a couple of positives is that I beat a Palace and a Saints fan and (unlike last year) I didn't walk.

Will say though it has deffo taken a step forward as a race - running on the road instead of the path, the new course, very helpful stewards and a larger crowd. Much better.

01:50:54 pb for me according to my watch. Shame I couldn't get under 01:50 but hey-ho.
And like you say, where the devil was the goody bag?! An under ripe banana just doesn't cut it.

Did you not get a medal? If you read the stuff that came with your number it went on about it being a more 'ethical' race so don't dish out goodie bags.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Well done to all the Brighton Half finishers. :thumbsup:

I did the Race your Pace half at Dorney Lake. Bedsex was right, it is not the most inspiring of races however it was flat and I managed a 1.39 so was dead chuffed.

I would not have liked to be following the pacer for the 1hr 30 group though as he toddled them in at 1.33 apparently.

Did it in the same time as last year (2:10) which I'm pretty pleased about seeing as I am completely apathetic about running this year, plus it was also the longest run I've done since the last marathon, heh. Although a couple of positives is that I beat a Palace and a Saints fan and (unlike last year) I didn't walk.

Will say though it has deffo taken a step forward as a race - running on the road instead of the path, the new course, very helpful stewards and a larger crowd. Much better.

Did you not get a medal? If you read the stuff that came with your number it went on about it being a more 'ethical' race so don't dish out goodie bags.

I passed the Palace fan round by Hove Lagoon, he sprinted past me towards the beginning.
I did 2:07:40 according to my chip, which for my first half marathon I was well pleased with.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
Just flicking through the results and noticed Norman Cook has upped his training - taken 33 mins off last year for a 1:40. If you happen to look at NSC and see this - fantastic run sir. Keep it up!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Yes, got my medal. Missed the ethical stuff and that seems fair enough. The race was much better than previous years I thought.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I wanted to get round under 2hrs and did it by 12 seconds! The bit round the Lagoon was hard going and I still don't know how I'm going to cope with the full marathon. But a great event and perfect weather for a novice runner like me.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I did it in 2.22.06 and I was aiming to be inside 2.30 so was well chuffed! Now to continue training ready for the full marathon!!!! EEeeeek! Loved the run, used to running solo so it was a big lift being with other runners keeping you going and also the supportive crowd. Ran with the guy in the Southampton shirt for a while, we had a good chat about the season so far, he was very impressed with Falmer having driven in that way!

It was a bit bleak out by the lagoon with virtually no spectators and the runners round me well spread out. Was on a massive high when I crossed the finish line. This was my first proper race since leaving school many years ago!

Last edited:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Well done all on yesterdays race.

It was my first half marathon and managed to get in at 1:51:39, which I was really pleased with. I'm doing the Hastings half in a few weeks, which I understand is a bit more of a challenge than Brighton (the first 6 miles are all up hill!).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't do the half but I did manage an 18 mile training run yesterday, of which I am immensely proud of myself (furthest I've run yet).

Legs are rather aching now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here