Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official England v France Thread *****

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Gerard and Hodgson being very sportsmanlike about the ref., despite being asked leading questions in the interview. Good to see, it won't do us any favours whinging.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gerard and Hodgson being very sportsmanlike about the ref., despite being asked leading questions in the interview. Good to see, it won't do us any favours whinging.

was thinking exactly the same. f*** OFF media. Constantly trying to get their stories.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think that we will either get beat or possibly get a draw against Sweden and then it will all be set for Rooney to come on and win the game against Ukraine for us. What we don't want is Sweden winning tonight as another win against us will see them through. A win for Ukraine wouldn't be too bad but a draw is the best result for us.

How does that work then? Won't a Ukraine win be exactly the same? Unless of course you are assuming we only need to turn up to beat Ukraine? Home team, decent players-they're going to be tough to beat.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That was a good performance but as Hodgson said in his interview we made some poor decisions in the final third.

The ref could have helped us a but more as well.

We should beat Ukraine and Sweden.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I got to square just before the England goal, and from then on, seemed like we were second best for almost every ball... im dreading the Ukraine match now... im going to get so much stick from customers if we lose...

Attachments

• 544723_3882029324258_1065310365_n.jpg
    544723_3882029324258_1065310365_n.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 60

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think France will beat UKRAINE thus having 4 points and then need a draw against Sweden. If Sweden win tonight a draw will possibly see them through but 2 draws will give them the same as us and it is then down to us v Ukraine and France v Sweden with France needing a draw to be sure of qualifying and I would fancy our chances rather than Sweden's. This is all based on France beating Ukraine which I am sure will happen

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Biggest threats in the group.

30-something degrees at kick off, next 2 games are at the later kick off, so can open up a little bit more.

Still unbeaten after 3 games in charge for Roy.

Some alright football moving forwards.

Considering most people had France in their top 3/4 for this tournament. Most people would have taken a draw, and that is what we got.
This is my opinion too. The encouraging thing was that we kept our shape and whilst I'd rather WE had the ball in the last five mins, the French looked tired and out of ideas even with the ball at their feet.

Welbeck was excellent, and so was John Terry. Gerrard was captain and was the most guilty of losing his shape. Noone wants to see him pick the ball up of our centre halfs feet and attempt a 40 yard pass. f***ing learn, you mong.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It also seems to me (and I'm sure someone will bring out stats disproving this) that we usually of late struggle against Sweden, and if they are on their game, we will be fortunate to get a draw.

No. You're bang on. We have beaten Sweden once in the last 44 years covering 13 matches. On the brighter side, that one win was last November.

I was expecting a point out of the Sweden game. Am now a little more hopeful that we may be able to take three but the Swedes will be no pushover.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No complaints from me, we looked solid if not particularly dangerous. Best of all the whole team looked like they knew what they were doing. Encouraging

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Not a bad result at all. And we played better than I thought we would. Bring on Ukraine and Sweden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here