Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official England v France Thread *****

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hardly amazing but solid. I'm still scarred by that Algeria game in 2010 when our players couldn't string 2 passes together and their first touch was non-existent. Thought we did ok.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dead chuffed with that, thought we did well especially against some seriously bias officiating. We've not got the best players, but we looked greater than the sum of our parts which is all you can ask for really.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Nicola Rizzoli is ****........ Is that the best Italy can produce post Collina?

Useless and totally bias imho

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not overly enthused by that game. First half hour was good, we showed some intent, but after we got the goal we sat back, and from that moment on we struggled to be a real threat. France weren't particularly strong, so I don't think we can put much stock in managing to limit them to one goal. Hart seemed unusually nervy, too much last ditch tackling and diving in front of the shots, too niggly with our challenges.

It also seems to me (and I'm sure someone will bring out stats disproving this) that we usually of late struggle against Sweden, and if they are on their game, we will be fortunate to get a draw.

Of course, I might just be being a bit too negative.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can't complain about drawing your first game against what will probably be our toughest opponents, and a shit ref.

Some decent stuff from England, Rooney could make a difference.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are people really happy with that? I thought we were pretty awful to be honest. Could not keep the ball, just hoofed it out and posed very little threat. Will take a point but I thought we were very weak.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
SO much better than anything in 2010. Play like that and we'll get through the group at least.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are people really happy with that? I thought we were pretty awful to be honest. Could not keep the ball, just hoofed it out and posed very little threat. Will take a point but I thought we were very weak.

Biggest threats in the group.

30-something degrees at kick off, next 2 games are at the later kick off, so can open up a little bit more.

Still unbeaten after 3 games in charge for Roy.

Some alright football moving forwards.

Considering most people had France in their top 3/4 for this tournament. Most people would have taken a draw, and that is what we got.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not overly enthused by that game. First half hour was good, we showed some intent, but after we got the goal we sat back, and from that moment on we struggled to be a real threat. France weren't particularly strong, so I don't think we can put much stock in managing to limit them to one goal. Hart seemed unusually nervy, too much last ditch tackling and diving in front of the shots, too niggly with our challenges.

It also seems to me (and I'm sure someone will bring out stats disproving this) that we usually of late struggle against Sweden, and if they are on their game, we will be fortunate to get a draw.

Of course, I might just be being a bit too negative.

Slightly too negative for me I think. Playing a side bang in form, and Joe Hart was superb.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Fair result.. Shit ref. I'll take that result... Played better than I expected. France a bit overrated if you ask me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will either get beat or possibly get a draw against Sweden and then it will all be set for Rooney to come on and win the game against Ukraine for us. What we don't want is Sweden winning tonight as another win against us will see them through. A win for Ukraine wouldn't be too bad but a draw is the best result for us.

Oct 25, 2003
thought england looked very well organised, will be interesting to see how that style of football plays out against slightly weaker organisation in ukraine and sweden

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain comes across very well. Did alright too I thought.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think that we will either get beat or possibly get a draw against Sweden and then it will all be set for Rooney to come on and win the game against Ukraine for us. What we don't want is Sweden winning tonight as another win against us will see them through. A win for Ukraine wouldn't be too bad but a draw is the best result for us.

More worried about Ukraine, than Sweden

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

If we played like we did tonight against Sweden there is no way on earth we'll lose to Sweden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here