Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**OFFICIAL** American Express Community Stadium

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Huge name for a league 1 club. How long is the deal actually for?

And Gus gets a trip to Amex House exciting times!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's an amazingly classy branding, one that immediately lifts the club way beyond names like:-

The Madejski (ooh, look at me Ma, King of Reading!)

The Walkers Stadium (Crisp packets)

The Britannia Stadium (boring, boring Building Society)

The Galpharm Stadium (McAlpine was at least recognisable)

The Matchroom Stadium (made from matchsticks)

Fitness First Stadium (Gyms and Geriatrics)

The Weston Homes Community Stadium (dodgy Essex builders)

The Emirates (dodgy oil billionaires)...

Given all of that, yes, our new name is a pretty good fit. In fact, it's Premiership quality.

This. It's a pretty damn CLASSY company too, as the money lenders go.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Hope so.

Good sponsor for the club.

"American Express Community Stadium" though - crappy name really, too wordy, and Colchester already have a community stadium (and it's the worst ground in the league!)

Drove past that Colchester place yesterday and shit-me-sideways that's a dull ground in the middle of nowhere!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just seen John Sayers taking photos there.

Here's a couple for you

Attachments

• 2901.jpg
    2901.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 390
  • 2902.jpg
    2902.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 393

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just had an email from the company confirming this and saying Gus will be coming in the wedding cake soon for a Q&A session, .

Is this another sequel to American Pie ? ???

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
quality.

oh and bbc sport have just caught up, the news about this is on the breaking news banner at the mo :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm very pleased. Well done to the club (ALL who have been involved during the discussions of the last 2 years) for getting this.

They have presented something major to persuade a company who doesn't normally do football to buy into the vision that has been cultivated over the last 13 years. This is something special and we should be proud that a multinational wishes to be part of it. Tony Bloom and Martin Perry have tied up the deal and got the company to deliver the spondooliks but the effort of the whole board, fans, previous chairman have all been instrumental in getting this.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm very pleased. Well done to the club (ALL who have been involved during the discussions of the last 2 years) for getting this.

They have presented something major to persuade a company who doesn't normally do football to buy into the vision that has been cultivated over the last 13 years. This is something special and we should be proud that a multinational wishes to be part of it. Tony Bloom and Martin Perry have tied up the deal and got the company to deliver the spondooliks but the effort of the whole board, fans, previous chairman have all been instrumental in getting this.

As long as we dont have to call it soccer from now on

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen John Sayers taking photos there.

Here's a couple for you

I reckon the branding on those signs looks really smart.

This is f***ing excellent news, the corporate side of this club is going great guns and that can only be a good thing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
With a blue chip company on board, I expect the stadium conference facilities will be well used, along with the fine dining available.

Beats the Amex House canteen!!

That's the first thing I thought. They'll probably get mates rates but selling the conference facilities to them will be a revenue stream in itself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here