Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**OFFICIAL** American Express Community Stadium

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Swear I've just seen a teaser for a bit from Fal ... I mean the American Express Community Stadium. Anyone seen it already worth waiting for?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Seeing the Bloomster in those wellies, with the ball at his feet, is he perhaps the left sided dynamo midfielder we've been looking for???

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
AMerican Express Community Stadium

The AMECS.

oh wait

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
very happy with that.... a global brand like that will bring a bit of profile and money to the club.

everyone will just end up calling it The Amex Stadium, or Falmer...

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I always hoped a Worldwide Company, would sponsor our new stadium/league one football team, but never really thought they would, so I for one, am absolutely shocked/delighted, and so should every other Albion Fan :amex:

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
I like it, not so sure about the logo though! :S
:albion2:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Bollocks to being delighted. I understand the fact that in the modern game every new stadium has to be called the BLAND SPONSOR...stadium but I will be calling our ground Falmer and hoping others follow suit. A shit name.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
As far as branded staduim names go, I don't think 'The Amex' is too bad.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As far as branded staduim names go, I don't think 'The Amex' is too bad.

Exactly, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, and it's not like we didn't always know the stadium name was going to be sold off.

At least it's a well known company that people have actually heard of rather than some tinpot local outfit that would have made the whole thing sound cheap.

Whatever the reasons behind it may be, how many other League One clubs have attracted such a huge and well known name to sponsor anything to do with them?

Some people are never happy.

Last edited:

Don't care about the money. The name is horrible. I hate it.
:sick:

:amex: I do not get this type of comment at all. You want success but not the investment, run that past me again? You do know how things work business wise don't you? It really does not matter what we all call it personally. It is just a sponsors name but the investment is vital, I remember people years ago hating the shirt sponsor thing and now nobody thinks twice about it. It is just sign of the times, just get used to it and move on. :amex:

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Exactly, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, and it's not like we didn't always know the stadium name was going to be sold off.

At least it's a well known company that people have actually heard of rather than some tinpot local outfit that would have made the whole thing sound cheap.

Whatever the reasons behind it may be, how many other League One clubs have attracted such a huge and well known name to sponsor anything to do with them?

Some people are never happy.

:thumbsup: Well said that man:amex:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fisheye view from inside (from my seat?) :amex:

There will be no seats where that was taken from. Not until they put the second tier in.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nice flamboyant pose by Mr Perry!

0,,10433~8856024,00.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here