**OFFICIAL** American Express Community Stadium

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The BP Stadium

:albion1:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a sell out to banks and ppl who make money out of debt and interest by putting numbers into a computer.

poor poor decision by the club.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
a sell out to banks and ppl who make money out of debt and interest by putting numbers into a computer.

poor poor decision by the club.

What an absolultely ridiculous statement. Sell out? What planet are you on? Regardless of what you might think of Amex, it's provided a not insignificant amount of money to the club. That alone should be enough, never mind all the other peripheral benefits that come from association with an international company.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
:amex: I do not get this type of comment at all. You want success but not the investment, run that past me again? You do know how things work business wise don't you? It really does not matter what we all call it personally. It is just a sponsors name but the investment is vital, I remember people years ago hating the shirt sponsor thing and now nobody thinks twice about it. It is just sign of the times, just get used to it and move on. :amex:

You're probably right, I hated it when the BBC weather went digital, I stuck to VHS and not DVD for years, but am disappointed to see the death of local names for local stadiums.

Of course I want success and it is just a sign of the times that increased capacity is no longer enough to generate enough income, that clubs have to sell everything even if it isn't nailed down, but in the long run it's very very bland and anonymous. England weren't even allowed to TRAIN with the new WC ball until they got to Austria, because of a clause in the contract they had with Nike or Umbro or whoever. I really really hope it's not going to bite anyone on the arse in 20 years' time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is the "Ask the Falmer Project Team" going to be renames "Ask the American Express Community Stadium Project Team"? I think it should be. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here