Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**OFFICIAL** American Express Community Stadium

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are Amex a particularly ethical company? How have they been affected by the global recession? I don’t really know a lot about them as an organisation, fingers crossed they are respectable and will look after the Albion well.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
TBH I usually say I am going to 'the football' rather than Withdean etc so nothing will change in that respect.

If I told my wife I was off to 'the Amex' it would kick start a long boring conversation that I could really do without!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can we have an AMEX smiley please?!?!
:falmer:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The Argus article suggests there's going to be a shed load of branding everywhere but other then that yeah not too bad innit.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I don't see why you feel you have to be so glib about it. Amex are a global firm with a national HQ based in Brighton, and £20m is a f***ing shedload of cash to hand over to the local underachieving football club. Quite frankly, I think we've lucked out and personally I'll happily call it The Amex. It doesn't sound bad at all.

Not saying your wrong, but where has it been confirmed as a £20m deal?

Last edited:

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Great, spend my working week at Amex and now I have to go there Saturdays too!!

You and me both - and a few others as well!

To those outside the company we have a strong community focus, as obviously the club does. I met Gordon Taylor last month and he was full of admiration for the club's work in the community.

The link will have very little to do with football, as strange as it sounds to some!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
You and me both - and a few others as well!

To those outside the company we have a strong community focus, as obviously the club does. I met Gordon Taylor last month and he was full of admiration for the club's work in the community.

The link will have very little to do with football, as strange as it sounds to some!

Just had an email from the company confirming this and saying Gus will be coming in the wedding cake soon for a Q&A session, .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I think you will find you were 5 years late

North Stand Chat - View Single Post - stadium name falmer ?

Get American Express to give Dick a shedload of dosh, then they can call it "The Amex Arena". We could then have..
1. The Mike Bamber stand
2. The Peter Ward stand
3. The Goldstone stand
4. The North Stand, (of course!)

As I've said b4, the first game could be Kerry Mayo's testimonial, against Palace, although Spurs with Bobby would be great as well.

(It's a dream Smudge, wake up....somewhere over a Rainbow.....)

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Here is the announcement to Amex staff:thumbsup::vuvueng:

Subject American Express Community Stadium Announcement

Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to announce that American Express has signed a multi-year sponsorship agreement with the new, state-of-the-art Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club (BHAFC) stadium at Village Way, Brighton.

The venue will be known as the American Express Community Stadium when it opens in the summer 2011.

As well as being the long-awaited new home ground for the Albion, the 22,500 capacity venue has attracted huge interest from fans, the public and Brighton & Hove business community who eagerly anticipate the project’s completion next year.

In addition to offering outstanding sporting facilities, the new stadium will be used to promote community engagement in the local area, by enabling young people and adults to learn new skills and gain qualifications which will be of long-term benefit to the local community and economy. To this end, the stadium will run an on-going series of innovative learning initiatives and social inclusion programmes, many of which will be delivered via Brighton & Hove Albion’s much respected Albion in the Communitywork.

The American Express Community Stadium will undoubtedly be a landmark destination for Brighton & Hove and as the City’s largest private-sector employer, this partnership further underscores our long term commitment to the area and builds upon our thirty-year heritage of supporting local community initiatives.

To celebrate this exciting new partnership, Gus Poyet, Manager of Brighton & Hove Albion, will be visiting Amex House shortly for a Q & A session with local employees. This will be your opportunity to ask him about all things football related. More details to follow so watch this space.

American Express made the following annotations on Tue Jun 22 2010 01:39:19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here