Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I mean, I'm all for bias towards your own team but Leicester are much bigger than us currently. That may well change in the future, but any club that's won the Premier League and an FA Cup in the last 5 years and has sustained top 5 finishes pretty regularly is bigger than us.

They're not 'bigger' they've just been more successful in the last decade. . . . basically because they've spent a shit load more money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
err . . .asides a bit of money, Leicester aren't really any much bigger than us ?

ok they got lucky a few years ago . . . . so may we one day.
Leicester are bigger than us, for now, but we are not doomed to it always being so.

Leicester are the target we aim to be.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
They're not 'bigger' they've just been more successful in the last decade. . . . basically because they've spent a shit load more money.

True. But they have a bigger stadium, a bigger overseas following (for example: 1.5m more followers on Twitter), a longer track record in the top flight, and a bigger budget for players and wages... So all things considered, if you also then include being more successful than us for the last 30 years I'd still say that currently they're a bigger club.

It's all open to change though...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
True. But they have a bigger stadium, a bigger overseas following (for example: 1.5m more followers on Twitter), a longer track record in the top flight, and a bigger budget for players and wages... So all things considered, if you also then include being more successful than us for the last 30 years I'd still say that currently they're a bigger club.

It's all open to change though...

But apart from that we’re miles bigger! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa supporting relative reckons they are in for him which would then rule us out.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011

Maybe don't dwell on this whole "bigger club" thing. I'd go with "more attractive club". For me that means a little bit about geography, lots about likely salary, league position last season/chance to play in Europe, manager, relationship with that manager (if one previously existed), other players already at club, actual offer on the table, etc. I think Leicester definitely trump us on a few of those criteria, so then it becomes can we compete on the other criteria (obviously money but also those less binary things like manager, other players, efforts made by the club to persuade, agent's thoughts, etc.).

Or instead of bigger think of prestige, would the player want to be playing at a top 6 club or a bottom 6 club? One famous for winning the best league in the world or one famous for, um, having Ben White on loan from Leeds for a season?

I think I can see why some might view Leicester as a better option than us. On the other hand we are obviously a better option than the majority of football clubs in the world at this moment in time so I'm not too upset by our predicament!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Is it possible Naylor doesn’t have his finger fully on the pulse? (Not a dig on his journo creds, but he’s more reactive to Albion news these days).

Very interesting difference of report here. £20m bid.

[tweet]1417032918631911427[/tweet]

albionite

May 20, 2009
Is it possible Naylor doesn’t have his finger fully on the pulse? (Not a dig on his journo creds, but he’s more reactive to Albion news these days).

Very interesting difference of report here. £20m bid.

[tweet]1417032918631911427[/tweet]

The replies are full of Naylor says no. Where does he say no can't see it in his twatter feed.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
The replies are full of Naylor says no. Where does he say no can't see it in his twatter feed.

Select ‘tweets and replies’ on his profile. Naylor replied to someone asking about us signing him rather than tweeting it first hand

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
£20m for a player with one year left on his contract?

Sounds like agent talk to me.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
If Edouard ‘really wants to prove himself in Premier League’ rather than receive a huge pay boost, then he’ll know his chances of achieving this are actually BETTER at Albion than Leicester. He’ll get more game time with us and he’ll have a much longer bedding in period in the first team. You only have to look how much quality the top 10 teams have on their benches these days to realise moving to one of the big clubs isn’t always the most ambitious choice for a player looking to build a reputation.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
IF we have bid Naylor wouldn't have a clue as to whether its true or false until the negotiations were much further down the line. Edouard fits perfectly what we are after. We are also a club that will say prove yourself in the PL and we wont stand in your way to transfer to a top 6 IF the money is right.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
IF we have bid Naylor wouldn't have a clue as to whether its true or false until the negotiations were much further down the line. Edouard fits perfectly what we are after. .

Perhaps he doesn't . Which perhaps explains why sources inside the club are telling journalists they trust he doesn't and he's reporting that .

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Perhaps he doesn't . Which perhaps explains why sources inside the club are telling journalists they trust he doesn't and he's reporting that .

I just can’t work out why he wouldn’t fit. Young, quick, powerful, strikes the ball in a way Maupay can only dream of, a consistent scoring record at all levels, and (relatively) affordable (in a way that way Abraham isn’t). If he isn’t on the list I’d love to know why, as we need to change our approach on recruiting strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here