Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...sonne-Edouard-Arsenal-Ben-White-transfer-news

Yes, I know it’s the Express. But he’s the one I want so allow me to get a little excited.

Me too - would love it. Hopefully something in it, but the fact they make out we ‘registered interest’ (erm what?) and make a thing of using the Ben white money (like we didn’t have £15mil etc before) suggests a lazy article. Hoping Naylor or someone says we in for him though. Him and the Getafte of and I’ll be very, very pleased. Good spot!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Whether he'd be good in the Prem is anyones guess but from a business point of view it makes sense. He's 23 so would definitely have a re-sale value later down the line.. For £15m? Yes please.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Beyond the fee, I suspect the player may also be holding out for a ‘bigger’ club (like Leicester) so a key part may also be whether the path is clear. Can fully imagine we’re an acceptable option for him, but he may think he’s ready for a more glamorous option and will only come to us if that doesn’t materialise.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
err . . .asides a bit of money, Leicester aren't really any much bigger than us ?

ok they got lucky a few years ago . . . . so may we one day.

Beyond the fee, I suspect the player may also be holding out for a ‘bigger’ club (like Leicester) so a key part may also be whether the path is clear. Can fully imagine we’re an acceptable option for him, but he may think he’s ready for a more glamorous option and will only come to us if that doesn’t materialise.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Leicester just spent 27m on Paston Daka, can't see them spending another 15m on Edouard.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
err . . .asides a bit of money, Leicester aren't really any much bigger than us ?

ok they got lucky a few years ago . . . . so may we one day.

I mean, I'm all for bias towards your own team but Leicester are much bigger than us currently. That may well change in the future, but any club that's won the Premier League and an FA Cup in the last 5 years and has sustained top 5 finishes pretty regularly is bigger than us.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Didn't I read somewhere that the talks with Leicester were called off when they couldn't agree terms.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
At what point did "BREAKING" become shorthand for "I've just made up a rumour"? The amount of Twitter goons that start every tweet with "Breaking" mildly annoys me. It's not breaking news mate, it's a loser in his bedroom who's decided to pop 2+2 into the transfer equation and come up with 38.

"BREAKING: Brighton have £50m from White + Edouard wants to go to the Premier League = Brighton bidding for Eduoard!"

Besides, if he does move, it's Odsonne he'll go to Leicester...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At what point did "BREAKING" become shorthand for "I've just made up a rumour"? The amount of Twitter goons that start every tweet with "Breaking" mildly annoys me. It's not breaking news mate, it's a loser in his bedroom who's decided to pop 2+2 into the transfer equation and come up with 38.

"BREAKING: Brighton have £50m from White + Edouard wants to go to the Premier League = Brighton bidding for Eduoard!"

Besides, if he does move, it's Odsonne he'll go to Leicester...

Southampton will need a striker soon.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Didn't I read somewhere that the talks with Leicester were called off when they couldn't agree terms.

Yes, he ain’t going to Leicester. Rumours Arsenal were interested (along with every other player) but that seems to have gone quiet. That’s why I’m quietly excited about this. If he wants to come to the PL, we’re starting to look one of the better options for him…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here