Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I just can’t work out why he wouldn’t fit. Young, quick, powerful, strikes the ball in a way Maupay can only dream of, a consistent scoring record at all levels, and (relatively) affordable (in a way that way Abraham isn’t). If he isn’t on the list I’d love to know why, as we need to change our approach on recruiting strikers.

i've no idea - perhaps they've another striker lined up who offers more value, perhaps they don't think he's vfm, perhaps he's not different enough to Maupay / Welbeck
But clearly a very good source has briefed a journalist who is very close to the club that there isn't anything in it. Things change but given what normally happens when this reporter knocks down a transfer rumour - thats probably the end of it.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
i've no idea - perhaps they've another striker lined up who offers more value, perhaps they don't think he's vfm, perhaps he's not different enough to Maupay / Welbeck
But clearly a very good source has briefed a journalist who is very close to the club that there isn't anything in it. Things change but given what normally happens when this reporter knocks down a transfer rumour - thats probably the end of it.

I think you’re probably right. But I really hope you aren’t.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve often added Naylor Say No as more tongue in cheek.

Sure he had contacts but doubt they tell him who they are in for until it’s firmed up, what benefit would the club have otherwise?

Can anyone point me to the latest Naylor exclusive and equally any evidence of a Naylor “no” that turns out to be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Nailed it

We can do better.

If not we should stick with what we have got

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Leicester could have one crucial thing in their favour here, or crucial person anyway, Brendan Rodgers, former manager at Celtic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Celtic need to cash in while they can. As for the player, I would not fancy playing another season with Celtic. Rangers look set to dominate 2021/22. We know Christie wants out, and if he leaves that's some creativity lost. Then there's whether his face fits with the new manager.

So there are plenty of reasons why he might leave this summer, and a number of papers have linked us with him over a number of years. Right now our need for a striker, with the Ben White money, with him being about to enter his final year of contract and with Celtic on the wane you'd expect us to be in the hunt for him. We'll have no chance when he is a free agent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Leicester could have one crucial thing in their favour here, or crucial person anyway, Brendan Rodgers, former manager at Celtic.

That ship has sailed and they've since bought Patson Daka for £25 mill to link up with Iheanacho and Vardy.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't I read somewhere that the talks with Leicester were called off when they couldn't agree terms.
Wll, if he won't accept Leicester wages, he's hardly likely to sign for ours, I'd've thought..

They're not 'bigger' they've just been more successful in the last decade. . . . basically because they've spent a shit load more money.
.... and the decade before that ........... and the one before that .............. and the one before that .... and rinse and repeat back to WW1!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wll, if he won't accept Leicester wages, he's hardly likely to sign for ours, I'd've thought..

Wasn’t wages - couldn’t agree on the fee. There was talk of a ‘Rodgers tax’ as he left somewhat acrimoniously
Fair enough - but I thought that would have been 'couldn't agree the price/fee' rather than couldn't agree terms, which I assumed was wages. Anyway, I rather hope Naylor is right on this one, I'm just not convinced about the player - and I certainly hope we don't get rinsed for £20M as per that Tweet just because we've trousered £50M for White!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Fair enough - but I thought that would have been 'couldn't agree the price/fee' rather than couldn't agree terms, which I assumed was wages. Anyway, I rather hope Naylor is right on this one, I'm just not convinced about the player - and I certainly hope we don't get rinsed for £20M as per that Tweet just because we've trousered £50M for White!

This .

With less than a year left on his contract 20m is stupid money , and the cheeky sods will probably ask for more , and if it is true he has a poor attitude , why are we even looking at him ? .

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
And who is available that you think is better? I can only assume you didn’t watch any of our games last season if you think going with what we have is an option if we’re genuine about targeted top 10.

Its all about opinions

£20 m for a player in the last year of his contract? Why is no one in for him?

I have no idea which strikers are available but this guy is not the answer.The club obviously know that

He is not coming,get over it

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What I don't get is- why would the club want anyone to know we are interested in a player, especially one likely to be in demand?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Its all about opinions

I have no idea which strikers are available but this guy is not the answer.The club obviously know that

20 million is a recent figure. Its been quoted lower that previously.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’ve often added Naylor Say No as more tongue in cheek.

Sure he had contacts but doubt they tell him who they are in for until it’s firmed up, what benefit would the club have otherwise?

Can anyone point me to the latest Naylor exclusive and equally any evidence of a Naylor “no” that turns out to be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alternatively I’m not sure of the last time Naylor had an inside scoop?

Seems to me he’s usually reactive to an ongoing story. It feels like Brian Owen has a legit connection to the club, but even then they won’t tell him everything about ongoing transfer negotiations.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Its all about opinions

The contract is irrelevant to us. We clearly have around 20-25M to spend on a striker. We need someone who is a) available, b) willing to come to us, c) would fit in our wage structure, d) young enough to have resale value, and e) better (and ideally quicker) than what we have got. This guy ticks those boxes. I trust the club in most things, but willingness to pay what it takes to sign a decent striker is not our strong point.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The contract is irrelevant to us. We clearly have around 20-25M to spend on a striker. We need someone who is a) available, b) willing to come to us, c) would fit in our wage structure, d) young enough to have resale value, and e) better (and ideally quicker) than what we have got. This guy ticks those boxes. I trust the club in most things, but willingness to pay what it takes to sign a decent striker is not our strong point.
Not at all sure he ticks b) or c). Not even sure he ticks e) when we've got Welbeck fit and firing (and faster then some people give him credit for).

And as said elsewhere, we don't want to be rinsed by anybody just because we've got £50M to play with (assuming we're not looking to use it to cover some of the recent losses/and or recruit and develop more young talent).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This .

With less than a year left on his contract 20m is stupid money , and the cheeky sods will probably ask for more , and if it is true he has a poor attitude , why are we even looking at him ? .

I hope Naylor is spot on, really think there's more chance of a new Locadia than a new Murray....... Even Boulaye Dia, who faded badly last season was at least banging them in against League 1 defenders, the SPL is toss except for 2 or 3 teams, one of which Eduoard plays for.

Watched his highlights reals and theres so many goals you'd think that he'd never get the time or the opportuinity at PL level, others where the finish isnt that great, its just helped by garbage defending.

I think he flatters to deceive. Maupay was more prolific in a better league before he came to us. Its Blooms wedge, he can do as he pleases and we'll get behind whomever is wearing the stripes....... just hope (personally) its something a bit less risky that saddles us again........locadia stylee

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here