Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That's the spirit.

Shitehouse, never really wanted him anyway!

Tbf, I didn't say he was shitehouse. I said the league he currently plays in is!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Journalists thrive from exclusives that’s what makes them stand out from the crowd. Embarrassing for Owen and Naylor that some random twitter account scooped our last signing before they did.

Except that Twitter account just lifted some info - and added a few sprinkles on top like the wrong contract/fee details - from a Salzburg Facebook page by an African journalist who was close to Mwepu.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Jem is right. I'd have a lot more time for all these clickbait sites if any of them had forecast the Mwepu deal. That's more what the club is (and should be) about these days, keeping their cards close to their chest. It's almost as if someone there played poker. When information gets out about possible signings, there's the danger of gazumping or hijacking, as we've seen before. A small danger, admittedly, but why give away any potential advantage?

As for outgoing transfers such as White, the more people know about them, the better, and the more the price goes up. Would Arsenal have given us the price we're led to believe they have without suggestions that Chelsea and Everton were interested?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We were toothless today. Maupay, Connolly, Andone all played. We can't go on like this.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Of course it’s not true, the lad will probably end up at Brentford score a ton of goals they will then sell for zillions and we will end up with 0 goal Bulgarian Barry from some shite arsed European league.

That’s just my worry.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Time to let this thread slide away now I feel, as we know it isn’t likely to happen…

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We were toothless today. Maupay, Connolly, Andone all played. We can't go on like this.

Well, we have time. But we only need to sign a Muzza 2 IMHO. Yes a LWB would be good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My son has just flown back from Glasgow after spending a week there, he was saying the deal is all over the Scottish press someones not telling the truth here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My son has just flown back from Glasgow after spending a week there, he was saying the deal is all over the Scottish press someones not telling the truth here.
The Daily Record have run a story about the Albion registering an interest in the player but there's been nothing more concrete - just speculation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There wasn’t exactly a lot of service. I don’t remember any of them getting a chance let alone missing one.

Thought there were a couple in the first half that we didn’t use the ball well enough when Rangers were open.

Second half there literally wasn’t one until Andone created a quarter chance himself at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone looking at yesterday's game as an example of the lack of threat of our strikers are way off the mark.

Our first pre-season match, featuring two very makeshift 11s, playing 45 minutes each, against the Scottish champions, who are one week away from starting their campaign.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

In fairness anything that can be speculated about Rangers or Celtic is in the papers in Scotland. If a player gets a blister it's injury news or if someone has a picture of a player's new car there's a photo online.
They will near enough report anything they can possibly mention about the Old Firm clubs. It's relentless.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That’s true for sure, but doesn’t tally with the ‘never been interested’ line in yesterday’s article from the same journalist.
Where is this "never been interested" article ?

I can't find where that has been said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here