Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Argus headline today.... 'Brighton are STILL not interested in Odsonne Edouard'

There goes Brian Owen, spoiling everybody's fun again by actually phoning a contact at the club and finding something out. Much better just to repeat somebody else's rumour on another clickbait site.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Astonishing how many bullshit wannabe journos have banged on about this. Always the hope Owens being fed false information to keep it quiet but doubt it. Hugely disappointing, but I trust in the club.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There goes Brian Owen, spoiling everybody's fun again by actually phoning a contact at the club and finding something out. Much better just to repeat somebody else's rumour on another clickbait site.

I’ve just read the Argus piece on Connor Goldson.

Apparently, we got him from Wolves.

Strange, I could have sworn it was Shrewsbury.

If they can’t get the basics right, it’s hardly surprising people don’t have a lot of faith in them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Astonishing how many bullshit wannabe journos have banged on about this. Always the hope Owens being fed false information to keep it quiet but doubt it. Hugely disappointing, but I trust in the club.

But there wasnt any unique reports except that one that came from soe random called "Rudy" at that Italian sounding site, whatever its called.

It was just this one bloke with 9k followers who laid it out there, and then every man and his dog run an article citing that very same link with the caveat "it is being reported that Brighton have bid............" etc.

If any tom, dick or Rudy makes something up........ all the press will report it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
However, circling back to the point, we were always going to finish above all but two of those even if we'd scored no goals at all.

Well hardly. We’re finishing above Boro, Fulham, WBA, Bournemouth, Stoke next season and have effectively leapfrogged them as clubs because we’re in our 5th consecutive season in the PL and they’re not.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Edouard would have made a lot of sense to me, but i'll trust Brian Owen if he categorically says we're not interested, and i guess the club must have good reason. Oh well. Still fancy us to sign a striker of some sort, the money was there for Gonzalez afterall.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Of course it’s not true, the lad will probably end up at Brentford score a ton of goals they will then sell for zillions and we will end up with 0 goal Bulgarian Barry from some shite arsed European league.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
On the above discussion on Brian Owen and taking everything as gospel. Let’s balance this slightly.

In my opinion Brian is our best ITK source of truth. I believe he has genuine contacts he can ping for a quick response. Can’t prove it but sometimes the wording he gets back gives me the impression it’s Paul Barber.

So he’s a good source of truth. But that aside there’s one important caveat that some overlook:

He will only pass on what the club want him to pass on.

There is no benefit the club saying to him “well yes we’ve put in a bid for this guy, we’ve offered £18m for so and so but his club want £30m…” and so on. Let’s not forget, our biggest sale in the clubs history, the entire Ben White story, Owen and Naylor had zero info. Nada. In fact I don’t have it to hand but the line Owen reported back from the club was that there was no bid.

My point, Brian is our best source. But it’s club approved, so take that into account.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Of course it’s not true, the lad will probably end up at Brentford score a ton of goals they will then sell for zillions and we will end up with 0 goal Bulgarian Barry from some shite arsed European league.

Edouard IS from a shite arsed European league.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Gah. Oh well, fun while it lasted. I really hope we have someone better lined up. Our forward line is bottom 5 standard and if we don’t strengthen there we aren’t going to progress, no matter how good we look in the rest of the pitch.

This. With bells on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
On the above discussion on Brian Owen and taking everything as gospel. Let’s balance this slightly.

In my opinion Brian is our best ITK source of truth. I believe he has genuine contacts he can ping for a quick response. Can’t prove it but sometimes the wording he gets back gives me the impression it’s Paul Barber.

So he’s a good source of truth. But that aside there’s one important caveat that some overlook:

He will only pass on what the club want him to pass on.

There is no benefit the club saying to him “well yes we’ve put in a bid for this guy, we’ve offered £18m for so and so but his club want £30m…” and so on. Let’s not forget, our biggest sale in the clubs history, the entire Ben White story, Owen and Naylor had zero info. Nada. In fact I don’t have it to hand but the line Owen reported back from the club was that there was no bid.

My point, Brian is our best source. But it’s club approved, so take that into account.
Journalists thrive from exclusives that’s what makes them stand out from the crowd. Embarrassing for Owen and Naylor that some random twitter account scooped our last signing before they did.

Do they have any inside info it doesn’t seem so to me. It’s not a journalists job to keep the club happy it’s to break news stories. I agree with you they are both a club mouthpiece.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gah. Oh well, fun while it lasted. I really hope we have someone better lined up. Our forward line is bottom 5 standard and if we don’t strengthen there we aren’t going to progress, no matter how good we look in the rest of the pitch.

“Reports that keep emerging are completely false.”

Reports on the £21m fee?

The Argus article is ambiguous. What is clear is that the club are nowhere near signing him if they are indeed after the lad. I’m sure the Argus has linked us to Edouard a number of times so it’s interesting that they seem to be poo-pooing the idea that he is a target.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
“Reports that keep emerging are completely false.”

Reports on the £21m fee?

The Argus article is ambiguous. What is clear is that the club are nowhere near signing him if they are indeed after the lad. I’m sure the Argus has linked us to Edouard a number of times so it’s interesting that they seem to be poo-pooing the idea that he is a target.

From Brian Owen last summer: “Albion have also tracked Odsonne Edouard at Celtic for some time”. So he was either wrong then or is wrong now.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18660056.amp/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here