Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - "North Stand Kollective" "BHA Ultras"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Why is there so much negativity towards NSK, they are a group of people wanting to increase the atmosphere at Brighton games.

Totally agree. More power to them I say. I hope they make a go of it. It would be good to see them make a go of it. I suspect the reason they have given the group a name is that at least some people will actually be organised and make sure that this atmosphere will be at every game. Banners and displays etc are rarely spontaneous things and some people need to put the effort in getting this shit done, which makes it easier for others to join in, or not should they choose.

As for the Ultras tag, well it's just a name, and to be honest I think NSK is a pretty snappy name. Not ultra groups are same, the Jorvik Reds and Stanley Ultras are in no way comparable to say the Curva Sud in Madrid or the Lazio mob, and neither will be the NSK.

I'm hoping that the NSK can put on a show next season, (no pressure lads), and that they get the rest of us going.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
From what i can gather NSK are intent on trying to create more noise in support of the team. Whats the problem?
I probably wont be buying a scarf, but i'll certainly be stood in the North Stand making as much noise as possible. I suggest that everyone else in the stand, and in fact the ground, does the same..

Let them get on with it. With thousands of new supporters who don't know the songs, we need to make sure Amex is rocking from day 1.
I was thinking about the East Stand where I'll be next season, there are a lot of folk with me for whom BHA are a 2nd club. They might need some encouragement to get on their feet and start the P-A-L-A-C-E Stevie Coppells got VD song.:lol:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Let them get on with it. With thousands of new supporters who don't know the songs, we need to make sure Amex is rocking from day 1.
I was thinking about the East Stand where I'll be next season, there are a lot of folk with me for whom BHA are a 2nd club. They might need some encouragement to get on their feet and start the P-A-L-A-C-E Stevie Coppells got VD song.:lol:

I am afraid songs like this are not allowed anymore. We don't want to offend anyone.

We need to start catering for the new generation of home and overseas plastic supporters who tune in every week from their armchairs to support their favourite football teams like Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. Only clapping and digital cameras allowed in the stadium from now on.

Don't forget to make a stand and wear your green and gold scarves.
And remember if the team finishes in second place, the manager MUST be sacked.

:lol::lol:

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Scarves, banners, more chants, I'm all for it. Made my exile watching Sydney FC a lot better considering the small crowds.

bigbannerb.jpg

flagsw.jpg

scarvesw.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't have a problem with people doing something to try and create an atmosphere. It does worry me that after the first few games the atmosphers is going to be dead at the Amex. No issues with new songs either, but some of them are shit. We used to have loads of songs, why are they never sung anymore? Are there really that few people left from the old North Stand that the new generation of fans don't know them?

And what is the St Pauli song everyone is on about? I don't think I've heard it. What is this obsession with St Pauli anyway?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I don't have a problem with people doing something to try and create an atmosphere. It does worry me that after the first few games the atmosphers is going to be dead at the Amex. No issues with new songs either, but some of them are shit. We used to have loads of songs, why are they never sung anymore? Are there really that few people left from the old North Stand that the new generation of fans don't know them?

And what is the St Pauli song everyone is on about? I don't think I've heard it. What is this obsession with St Pauli anyway?

Sadly, many of the people from the old North Stand are the very people who sat on their hands in silence at Withdean and who are now scared of people attempting to make an atmosphere at Falmer. I'm an old North Stander, myself, and am really looking forward to life in the new North Stand. :thumbsup:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why? What's sooooo cringeworthy about forming a group of like minded people who want to do something in unison for something they love? Falmer for all? BISA? Seagull Party? Any of these ring any bells?!!!

On the wider point however, lots of people only get behind the team by following a lead. Tis the way of life. There are shepherds. And there are sheep. We all know that there's a need for a nucleus of fans in the new stadium to start a song, just like any other ground. And there's nothing to stop a WSK or an ESK being formed and doing likewise in there. It's just that this groups based in the North. And I'll bet now that the NSK will probably do more for generating an atmosphere than any others once the hangover of the first game's over. And doing their own scarfs is an inspired idea to be applauded in my view. But as usual, a bunch of arses on here just sit and criticise them. Well, I'll tell you something for free - they couldn't give a coco what NSCs cyber-warriors think! They just want to generate a good atmosphere and leave those that can't get get passed the word Ultras without making vindictive judgments to moan their sorry lives away. I think I know who's sadest. Don't you?

Bloody hell, high blood pressure alert!

Perhaps I was a little vague - Its not the group, the individuals or the activities which I find cringey, its the name.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sadly, many of the people from the old North Stand are the very people who sat on their hands in silence at Withdean and who are now scared of people attempting to make an atmosphere at Falmer. I'm an old North Stander, myself, and am really looking forward to life in the new North Stand. :thumbsup:

Yeah I think you're probably right. People get old I suppose.

I'm an old North Stander as well and I cannot wait for the new one!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What is the St Pauli song?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
can't be arsed to read all the thread but read a few of the first pages and to be honest think they are pathetic. Having a go at people who want to do something at the ground in way of support for the Albion? Finding it cringeworthy? Too much of a lad who wants to have a drink and a laugh with the boys blah f***ing blah.

Not interested in joining an ultras group myself but not going to have a go at other brighton fans who have their own ideas about what they want to do at the ground and what they bloody call themselves.

Some people need to take their head out their arses, and I don't mean the ultras.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why do they need to give themselves a NAME? Why not just be a group of fans? Thats what I don't get.

It's like they are f***ing FIVE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here