Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - "North Stand Kollective" "BHA Ultras"

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I think what it is that is a little cringe worthy about the Ultras idea is that its seems to be the people who don't quite get the singing right. Like at Brentford when the Elliot Bennet song went on forever. Good on people for trying to get some noise going but if a song isn't working theres nothing worse than a couple of lads who just wont let it drop. Same could be said for over doing a song like at Brentford. I want to see the entire north stand making a racket, in essence its about knowing through experience and instinct when and what songs to belt out.

Yes, fair enough but how do people get the experience and instinct, eh? By getting involved and probably looking a bit of a :dunce: when they get it wrong.

Hence my stellar performance of 'One Ashley Barnes, there's only one Ashley Barnes' at Notts County, steadfastly ignored by everybody else around me. I felt a pillock, but I'd rather have people singing and not quite timing it right, than sitting grumbling like too many at Withdean.

:banana:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think what it is that is a little cringe worthy about the Ultras idea is that its seems to be the people who don't quite get the singing right. Like at Brentford when the Elliot Bennet song went on forever. Good on people for trying to get some noise going but if a song isn't working theres nothing worse than a couple of lads who just wont let it drop. Same could be said for over doing a song like at Brentford. I want to see the entire north stand making a racket, in essence its about knowing through experience and instinct when and what songs to belt out.

Could not DISAGREE more, the constant singing on the Bennett song got in everyones heads and after the Brentford game it really took off.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Could not DISAGREE more, the constant singing on the Bennett song got in everyones heads and after the Brentford game it really took off.

And I couldn't agree with you more!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing

But a fair few people on here agreed that song was catchy. it had potential.

meanwhile, they've been singing absolute TRIPE about Calderon foo about 6 months now. It hasn't caught on because it's rubbish, but they still persist with it.

Having said that, the message on their forum is at least encouraging even if i disagree with the whole branding idea.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Bennett song is good, it's a catchy pop song and it scans well too. The St Pauli song is f***ing awful, I went to Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC games last year so heard their versions of it :facepalm:. Their ultras did sing a lot of the usual english football songs and I was quite impressed by them on the whole apart from the drum playing. And singing the St Pauli song, which is ghey.

Danks

Aug 19, 2010
Like this..
They've done some pin badges as well:

201105-270427-home.jpg

where can you buy these! my mate (Rangers fan) she would love it...:clap:

:jester:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
That St.Pauli song, I sung when I went to a Czech Republic Ice Hockey game, I had my BHA hat on so went in the away end, they were quite clearly a small club, so when the made it 1-1 they went mental!
As for NSK i'm all for the atmosphere, but the silly Kollective spelling is very childish, as is the 'ultra' tag, which just creates separatism for fans. If they want this to be successful, just don't try and replicate the European scene, make us distinct!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here