Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - "North Stand Kollective" "BHA Ultras"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't see why people wouldn't want that?

Me neither.

And I've just changed my mind about that song, sounds good there.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Here's a song these Ultras could get going. Simple, no words to learn (apart from lo lo lo lo and Brighton), sounds good when sung loud, and easy to get going. It's sung all over Spain, no doubt Barca will be singing it on Saturday, but I haven't heard it sung in this country yet.

Starts at 1.05, maybe do it without the Mexican wave though.

i liked it....... but being in the WSL, not sure if we will be getting many of the grumpy moaners, bobbing up and down.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Well I'm a old Northstander from 80s and 90s, will be in north stand with my teenage son and I see nothing wrong in it, have always loved the Passion of the albion fans in the Goldstone days and cant wait to feel the buzz again, so personally I hope it catches on. Wish certain people on here would stop bloody bickering, who needs palarse when your all fighting among yourself's!!! Come on, don't matter how we all decide to do it but let's at least stand together for f*** sake!! :amex:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Many have said you'd like to have more colour and noise?

How is this organised without a group to raise funds(Scarfs) and swap ideas?

It is also not a closed group far from it, the more people and ideas the better!

If I'm totaly honest I dont think the Ultras bit is really needed, its a fans group. And from when it started as 'The blue brigade - Brighton Ultras' to 'The North Stand Kollective' shows that a names a name, its what we do that will be who we are.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
And another thing this is taken directly of the NSK board, this was put up on the 14th April 2011.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome

As discussed there seems to be some scepticism about an organised group / the concept of ultras but lets just do our thing and enjoy ourselves. Remember we're not forcing anyone and we're not telling people they have to be part of this. Different styles/supporters can co-exist without the need for saying ideas are crap or stupid. Although I guess some Albion fans just need something to moan about!

If you want to help out in whatever way you can that's great. If its not for you that fine but please keep singing to ensure the atmosphere at Falmer is more akin to the Goldstone than Withdean!

All we want is more noise and colour (a bigger variety of songs sung at a slower speed might be a dream too far but we'll give it a go) and to make that happen it would be great if you'd join us!

So what do I do, I hear you thinking?

Simple, pay £10 for a scarf or t-shirt and your money will go towards designing and creating banners/flags and displays for our amazing new stadium. Your choice, scarves available now, t-shirts available in the next few months.

Scarves and t-shirts will also be available to buy separately. £10 to members / £15 non members.

Designs below (at the bottom of this page) and on various other threads on the forum.

All profits from the group will go towards producing banners / flags / pre match displays / scarves and 10% of all profits will be donated to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund - Robert Eaton Memorial Fund homepage

Maybe at some point in the future we could consider player kit sponsorship although I think that's a fair way off just yet!

'Members' will also get a discount on all merchandise produced by the group.

If you're interested drop me a PM with your name, email and mobile and I'll be in touch.

Cheers

North Stand Kollective BHA RUFFIANS

---------------------------------------------------------------

Still have those preconceptions?

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Thanks. Be sure to come and jeer at these guys at the Amex too; to their faces remember. I'm sure they'd be delighted to meet you and take on board your amazing insights. But I fear you'll never be the man your mother was.

Listen you fecking cucumber - I doubt a child would have any fear of laughing in the face of a fully grown adult wearing a 'Brighton Ultras' t-shirt.

In my opinion anyone who identifies themselves as a member of the NSK falls into the same category as WWE fans/borderline nonses.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Well I'm a old Northstander from 80s and 90s, will be in north stand with my teenage son and I see nothing wrong in it, have always loved the Passion of the albion fans in the Goldstone days and cant wait to feel the buzz again, so personally I hope it catches on. Wish certain people on here would stop bloody bickering, who needs palarse when your all fighting among yourself's!!! Come on, don't matter how we all decide to do it but let's at least stand together for f*** sake!! :amex:

Exactly. Same for me too. Gus has said he wants an atmosphere. It helps the players.

One reason why I got a ticket in the North Stand was to try and create the buzz I used to get in the North Stand at the Goldstone. It was truly special for me.

For the younger members on this board, who where not quite old enough to go in the North Stand they really missed something special here.

Bring the flags, bring the scarves, bring the drums, whatever it takes to create that atmosphere we have all missed for so many years.
This is a football.......

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Top posts, Drumstick, and a good quote from the NSK website.

The Ultras, NSK, whatever you want to call them, are open to all, friendly, welcoming and simply there to create an atmosphere at Falmer. And they're there to coexist with other supporters. Do people feel resentment towards other groups like Seagulls Over Burwash, Seagulls Over London or Cheshire Seagulls? No, of course they dont. So, too, with groups like NSK. So what if it has a name? Get over it and get behind the boys on the pitch!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

:clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
i liked it....... but being in the WSL, not sure if we will be getting many of the grumpy moaners, bobbing up and down.

Nobody has to bob up and down, it's an easy song to sing normally and would sound fantastic if everyone joined in. Listen out for Barca singing it tomorrow, I think they sing it anyway, I know Real do.

And another thing this is taken directly of the NSK board, this was put up on the 14th April 2011.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome

As discussed there seems to be some scepticism about an organised group / the concept of ultras but lets just do our thing and enjoy ourselves. Remember we're not forcing anyone and we're not telling people they have to be part of this. Different styles/supporters can co-exist without the need for saying ideas are crap or stupid. Although I guess some Albion fans just need something to moan about!

If you want to help out in whatever way you can that's great. If its not for you that fine but please keep singing to ensure the atmosphere at Falmer is more akin to the Goldstone than Withdean!

All we want is more noise and colour (a bigger variety of songs sung at a slower speed might be a dream too far but we'll give it a go) and to make that happen it would be great if you'd join us!

So what do I do, I hear you thinking?

Simple, pay £10 for a scarf or t-shirt and your money will go towards designing and creating banners/flags and displays for our amazing new stadium. Your choice, scarves available now, t-shirts available in the next few months.

Scarves and t-shirts will also be available to buy separately. £10 to members / £15 non members.

Designs below (at the bottom of this page) and on various other threads on the forum.

All profits from the group will go towards producing banners / flags / pre match displays / scarves and 10% of all profits will be donated to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund - Robert Eaton Memorial Fund homepage

Maybe at some point in the future we could consider player kit sponsorship although I think that's a fair way off just yet!

'Members' will also get a discount on all merchandise produced by the group.

If you're interested drop me a PM with your name, email and mobile and I'll be in touch.

Cheers

North Stand Kollective BHA RUFFIANS

---------------------------------------------------------------

Still have those preconceptions?

All sounds fair enough to me. I don't like the name and it's not for me but let them get on with it, anything that creates a better atmosphere is fine by me.

Listen you fecking cucumber - I doubt a child would have any fear of laughing in the face of a fully grown adult wearing a 'Brighton Ultras' t-shirt.

In my opinion anyone who identifies themselves as a member of the NSK falls into the same category as WWE fans/borderline nonses.

This is all very well and half of me wants to agree, but the hard fact is that the atmosphere at football is declining, Withdean was like a morgue, and as much as I don't like to admit it, I think something is needed to ensure the Amex doesn't become the same way. It's going to have the same people in as Withdean don't forget, plus a load of new fans and a few armchair fans from other clubs, so if anyone thinks the North Stand is going to be exactly like it was at the Goldstone then they are being delusional. Yes, I would much rather there is a fantastic atmosphere and a wall of noise that happens naturally and spontaneously, but I don't think that is going to happen. After the first few games I can see it becoming like Withdean was. There are supporters groups all over Europe that do this kind of thing and produce a cracking atmosphere, so if that's what needs to be done then that's what needs to be done. Yes it is a shame, but football has changed. The more songs and the more colour, the better, a lot of the new songs are shit, but even shit songs sound good when everyone joins in and they're sung loud.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let 'em get on with it, there have always been different elements to football crowds. Sometimes there seems to be a mentality on here- usually from the old school types it must be said- that anything that wasn't sung or done in the 1980s is somehow "gay" (god forbid) or cringeworthy or childish. Football moves on, there's room for new things. Maybe these guys might surprise you...it won't be a closed group as others around them will probably join in. And I do like all the flags that are mooted: I posted a thread a few weeks ago with loads of flags/banners, mostly from St Etienne games, and they looked brilliant.

Let them do their thing, there's nothing stopping anyone else from doing their normal thing either, and maybe we might just find the Amex is a good place to be on a match day.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I think what it is that is a little cringe worthy about the Ultras idea is that its seems to be the people who don't quite get the singing right. Like at Brentford when the Elliot Bennet song went on forever. Good on people for trying to get some noise going but if a song isn't working theres nothing worse than a couple of lads who just wont let it drop. Same could be said for over doing a song like at Brentford. I want to see the entire north stand making a racket, in essence its about knowing through experience and instinct when and what songs to belt out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here