Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Apart from the facts - He is injury prone, sulks when things don't go his way, clearly shows no loyalty and probably cost you a fair amount of wages/ signing on fee. I am not saying you have not got a decent player (when he wants to be he can be class) but if the team around him don't click he may look lazy and disinterested.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Of course he's improved, although everyone has started slagging Murray off saying he's not proven at Championship level, Hoskins isn't either and you're paying minimum 500k for him.

We'll see how he does, not really fussed either way as we've definitely got the better end of the deal.

Not if you are paying Murray 12k a week and we are only paying Hoskins.....half that maybe?
There is no doubting Murray is a quality player and i'm disappointed he's gone but he needs decent service. If you can't provide him with that, he'll sulk, become home sick and hand in numerous transfer requests.
Hoskins has lived off poor service in a shocking team for a whole season and got close to Murray's total.

Yeah you're right though, you got the better deal. :lol:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Better end of what deal? It's two seperate deals.

We would have signed Hoskis if Murray had agreed to stay.

This. They are completely different types of strikers. And, unlike Palace, we have the money to sign more strikers (as dougie said - only bosmans for them), and will go for at least two more according to Gus.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Of course he's improved, although everyone has started slagging Murray off saying he's not proven at Championship level, Hoskins isn't either and you're paying minimum 500k for him.

We'll see how he does, not really fussed either way as we've definitely got the better end of the deal.
we offered nearly a million in january:)
Trust me hoskins has been watched and poyet knows what he wants:)

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Not if you are paying Murray 12k a week and we are only paying Hoskins.....half that maybe?
There is no doubting Murray is a quality player and i'm disappointed he's gone but he needs decent service. If you can't provide him with that, he'll sulk, become home sick and hand in numerous transfer requests.
Hoskins has lived off poor service in a shocking team for a whole season and got close to Murray's total.

Yeah you're right though, you got the better deal. :lol:

Don't pretend you know he's on 12k a week. I don't know either but I'd be amazed if it's more than 10k. At the end of the day we're probably both paying the same amount in total (wages and fee for Hoskins) and right now, I'd rather have Murray.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Sorry for new thread but wanted to take the debate about him a different way.

Firstly I want to say I am not going to pretend Murray was rubbish and we wont miss him (to a point) however I think Poyet may have finally got shot of the last player of the old regime that was not the right character despite his goals.

Gus always says the right players (that he his looking for) must be the right personalities. We all know most successful teams are founded on team spirit. Murray was always distant, wanted away, somtimes sulky. I think perhaps we didn't try that hard to keep him because we was not as much of a team player as Gus wanted him to be.

Murray has proven he only plays football for money not to enjoy (I am not even sure he likes playing its a job to him).

Sod him, bring on a new goal hero in Hoskins!
Poyet stated he would have to earn a contract by scoring 20 goals,murray scores 20 and he's off elswhere:lol:

Maybe gus was hoping he wouldn't score 20:lolol:

My honest opinion is that gus doesn't really like murray and who could blame him,murray had a brilliant season though regardless of everything thats been going on.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Don't pretend you know he's on 12k a week. I don't know either but I'd be amazed if it's more than 10k. At the end of the day we're probably both paying the same amount in total (wages and fee for Hoskins) and right now, I'd rather have Murray.

Based on the fact that what? Hoskins scored only 2 less this season than Murray in a team that was FAR worse. Different types of player I actually think they are probably as good as each other. Only I am hoping and think Hoskins attitude is better. Oh and lets be honest we are gonna says Hoskins and you are gonna say Murray. This time next year one set of fans will be right!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry for new thread but wanted to take the debate about him a different way.

Firstly I want to say I am not going to pretend Murray was rubbish and we wont miss him (to a point) however I think Poyet may have finally got shot of the last player of the old regime that was not the right character despite his goals.

Gus always says the right players (that he his looking for) must be the right personalities. We all know most successful teams are founded on team spirit. Murray was always distant, wanted away, somtimes sulky. I think perhaps we didn't try that hard to keep him because we was not as much of a team player as Gus wanted him to be.

Murray has proven he only plays football for money not to enjoy (I am not even sure he likes playing its a job to him).

Sod him, bring on a new goal hero in Hoskins!

Top post. Sums it up in a level-headed way - not that you'll find many blinkered Palace fans agreeing. :)

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Based on the fact that what? Hoskins scored only 2 less this season than Murray in a team that was FAR worse. Different types of player I actually think they are probably as good as each other. Only I am hoping and think Hoskins attitude is better. Oh and lets be honest we are gonna says Hoskins and you are gonna say Murray. This time next year one set of fans will be right!

... the difference is Hoskins won't be our main striker.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
judas.jpg

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Hoskins who wanted to leave Rovers as soon as we came in with more money but couldn't (no replacement) then left at the earliest chance? :jester:

Sorry would you not have left BRistol Rovers for us? Better ground, championship. Yeah probably more money but my point was Glen was a moany old twat most of the time. Hoskins probably wont be!

WestUpperClub69

Home at last
Apr 14, 2011
That is spot on. Brentford away season before last he stropped off without acknowledging us. Every other player and Russell Slade were applauding. Let him go to shite stripes and have his payday with a club in difficulties.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

To be honest, I reckon they'd probably be a good combination!

I used to enjoy banter with Brighton fans over who was better out of Zamora and Johnson (let's not get into that one) and now they play together. Maybe we'll sign Hoskins in 2 years when he decides he wants to leave also :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here