Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Glenn Murray > Will Hoskins

Nuff said.

Murray scored 22 goals in the team that walked the lead creating chance, after chance, after chance.

Hoskins scored 20 goals in a poor, relegated team struggling to create chances.

Nuff said.

Interesting that Gus was willing to splash out a down payment of 500,000 for Hoskins and indicate that BHA will offer on other strikers but not increase their offer to Murray. Was the club really that determined to sign Murray on a new contract??

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Interesting that Gus was willing to splash out a down payment of 500,000 for Hoskins and indicate that BHA will offer on other strikers but not increase their offer to Murray. Were the club really that determined to sign Murray on a new contract??

Of course not. He would have been offered a great contract 12 months ago if Gus/TB thought he was worth it.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Murray scored 22 goals in the team that walked the lead creating chance, after chance, after chance.

Hoskins scored 20 goals in a poor, relegated team struggling to create chances.

Nuff said.

We don't need a Hoskins type player, especially as he was tripe in the Championship for Watford. Murray will be a perfect foil for our academy sprint merchants!

D

Deleted member 18477

Interesting that Gus was willing to splash out a down payment of 500,000 for Hoskins and indicate that BHA will offer on other strikers but not increase their offer to Murray. Was the club really that determined to sign Murray on a new contract??

I personally dont think poyet could be bothered with the uncertainty year after year and the attitude murray brings. Its a good move for me, harmony in a club is priceless. Take liverpool/Torres as an example.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Does anyone know how much Albion offered Murray and how much he is getting at Palace?

I am intrigued to know how much he has gone for because I cannot make much sense from it. A club with a brand new ground, reportedly with a bit of cash and on the up, to a club that could go into administration again and get relegated. Has to be greed. Surely. I wish him luck but just do not see the sense in it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Obviously not and maybe gus hinted he won't be guaranteed a start or something next season,guess we will never know but its bloody obvious we could,ve offered more if we wanted.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
sort of source.... but he wanted 10k and the most was offered here was 7.5k

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We don't need a Hoskins type player, especially as he was tripe in the Championship for Watford. Murray will be a perfect foil for our academy sprint merchants!
Hoskins was young then and got hardly any starts,hope he scores a hattrick against you next season:)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Yes because young players never improve...

I'm gutted Murray has gone, especially to yourselves, but our manager and chairman clearly didn't think he was worth the wages he was demanding. I also think we will sign a better replacement, if we haven't already.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Murray's Attitude

Sorry for new thread but wanted to take the debate about him a different way.

Firstly I want to say I am not going to pretend Murray was rubbish and we wont miss him (to a point) however I think Poyet may have finally got shot of the last player of the old regime that was not the right character despite his goals.

Gus always says the right players (that he his looking for) must be the right personalities. We all know most successful teams are founded on team spirit. Murray was always distant, wanted away, somtimes sulky. I think perhaps we didn't try that hard to keep him because we was not as much of a team player as Gus wanted him to be.

Murray has proven he only plays football for money not to enjoy (I am not even sure he likes playing its a job to him).

Sod him, bring on a new goal hero in Hoskins!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Yes because young players never improve...

I'm gutted Murray has gone, especially to yourselves, but our manager and chairman clearly didn't think he was worth the wages he was demanding. I also think we will sign a better replacement, if we haven't already.

Of course he's improved, although everyone has started slagging Murray off saying he's not proven at Championship level, Hoskins isn't either and you're paying minimum 500k for him.

We'll see how he does, not really fussed either way as we've definitely got the better end of the deal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Of course he's improved, although everyone has started slagging Murray off saying he's not proven at Championship level, Hoskins isn't either and you're paying minimum 500k for him.

We'll see how he does, not really fussed either way as we've definitely got the better end of the deal.
Better end of what deal? It's two separate deals.

We would have signed Hoskis if Murray had agreed to stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here