Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Horray its all over :banana:

Indeed. Thankfully. Decent enough player. Still a huge gamble with the money they've paid him. I would imagine they'll get 10-15 goals out of him at best. Will be interesting to see how he copes at a side that aren't going to be pushing for the top of the league.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Message to Tony Bloom

cancel BACS payment to Glenn Murray........ let him take us to court to get his next months wages, should help him ease into his new "non payment of bills" environment.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
My Palace supporting mates tell me the Vaughan deal is far far from done and unlikely to happen in fact.
Also that Ambrose, Danns and Clyne are definately off.

Well i do know people from within the club who let me know pieces of info as you will see from early on last week when i stated Murray had completed a medical and signed for us so have every reason to believe what im told.

I think it's common knowledge that Danns is likely to be leaving us, albeit, not 100% and he is having one final chat with the chairman this week and a final decision will be made, hence why we are yet to publish our retained and un-retained list, we are still trying to get a deal done with him, but i will admit very unlikely, but if we did persuade him to stay would be a massive signing.

Clyne, still under contract for another year, we have no desperate need to sell and the club have already said it would have to a big offer for us to consider selling and we can take the risk of letting his contract run down as we would still be entitled to a decent amount of compensation due to his age, so not definite at all that he will be sold.

Ambrose, again has been linked with QPR but that is just pure newspaper speculation, i personally dont think they will be wanting him now, and again if he was sold that would be under Dougie's approval and nothing else, so again no indication that he will be sold. Ambrose if fully fit could be lethal for us again next season.

James Vaughan is still a big target for Palace, Dougie wants to get a deal done, James has already said he wouldnt have any problem playing for Palace again next season on a permanent basis, i think the only thing that will stop this is if a Premiership club show interest. If they dont, then Palace will be his likely destination.

So in theory none of the players are definately off, Danns is the most likely to go, if Clyne and Ambrose were to be sold then as a club i would imagine we would be looking at an amount of around £4-5 million to re-invest from the value sale we would get for them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wonder if the 3 year deal had a large part (along with the fact they were willing to pay much more per week) to play seeing as how we have been getting players on 2 year deals.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
you're right, he f**king is

What's all the fuss about?
Why so upset by this?
Most of you don't rate him (all of a sudden) and lets face it, your going to sign bigger and better..........you've all ready started by signing *snigger* WILL *snigger* HOSKINS.......:lol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Are those of you that slated Lokki and Walt Whateverhisnameis' for saying it was a done deal a while back going to apologise now?

Nah didn't think so!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well i do know people from within the club who let me know pieces of info as you will see from early on last week when i stated Murray had completed a medical and signed for us so have every reason to believe what im told.

I think it's common knowledge that Danns is likely to be leaving us, albeit, not 100% and he is having one final chat with the chairman this week and a final decision will be made, hence why we are yet to publish our retained and un-retained list, we are still trying to get a deal done with him, but i will admit very unlikely, but if we did persuade him to stay would be a massive signing.

Clyne, still under contract for another year, we have no desperate need to sell and the club have already said it would have to a big offer for us to consider selling and we can take the risk of letting his contract run down as we would still be entitled to a decent amount of compensation due to his age, so not definite at all that he will be sold.

Ambrose, again has been linked with QPR but that is just pure newspaper speculation, i personally dont think they will be wanting him now, and again if he was sold that would be under Dougie's approval and nothing else, so again no indication that he will be sold. Ambrose if fully fit could be lethal for us again next season.

James Vaughan is still a big target for Palace, Dougie wants to get a deal done, James has already said he wouldnt have any problem playing for Palace again next season on a permanent basis, i think the only thing that will stop this is if a Premiership club show interest. If they dont, then Palace will be his likely destination.

So in theory none of the players are definately off, Danns is the most likely to go, if Clyne and Ambrose were to be sold then as a club i would imagine we would be looking at an amount of around £4-5 million to re-invest from the value sale we would get for them.

falling-asleep-at-your-desk-on-a-sunday-is-never-a-good-thing.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here