Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Gyan Riggs

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I did ask our journalist editor friend why the press couldn't do this with the suing the Twitter story. Which to me, as long as you make no reference to the alleged affair are two different stories (well it can be argued that way by a clever lawyer I think).

Agree again, this must be two different strands, I'd be interested in knowing what the reply was?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Right I'm getting confused now, are Ryan Giggs and Gareth Barry friends of Dorothy or not ?

Oh, you mean it's not each other they're supposed to be screwing around..........

Good on John Hemming MP i say.

The man who once again refused the application to have the super injunction removed, Justice Eady, has a history of approving these for the rich and famous who can afford it, ignoring any arguement that some of these stories are 'in the Public interest' rather than 'of interest to the public'!

whilst in this case it is likely that it is the latter of those two, the fact is it's gone beyond ridiculous as his name is everywhere from here to Timbuktu, and the internet has basically shat all over the super injunction!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I assume Giggs knows the whole world know, as must his family. I can only think that if Giggs keeps the super-injunction going that the media cannot publish Imogen Thomas' story.

The world will know as it's now been broadcast by Sky News, with photo (without pixilations or blackouts).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sky News and Parliment. Give up the ghost Giggs.

Probably been said before, but the stupid thing is, if it had come out initially, it would have been in & out of the paper in 2 days and many people not noticed. Now everyone will remember it - if he was protecting his image, he's failed.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good on John Hemming MP i say.

The man who once again refused the application to have the super injunction removed, Justice Eady, has a history of approving these for the rich and famous who can afford it, ignoring any arguement that some of these stories are 'in the Public interest' rather than 'of interest to the public'!

whilst in this case it is likely that it is the latter of those two, the fact is it's gone beyond ridiculous as his name is everywhere from here to Timbuktu, and the internet has basically shat all over the super injunction!!

You do wonder if some of these judges are almost making the rulings on a 'there but for the grace of God' basis. Maybe they have a mate or two on the bench who indulges in Max Mosley-style relaxation...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't believe the judge still upheld the injunction - ridiculous situation

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ridiculous behaviour fron Giggsie if you ask me. He's made this story about 10x the story it would have been.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd say he has been very badly advised with this and some lawyer has done VERY well out of it.........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Right, so I'm even more confused now.

I understand the concept of Parliamentary privilege, whereby MPs can discuss pretty much what they want within the House of Commons in the context of political debate, but how is it that the news outlets can then go on and report what the MP has said, if the injunction still applies? Or have Sky and the BBC just thought "screw it, sue us if you dare"?

Right, so I'm even more confused now.

I understand the concept of Parliamentary privilege, whereby MPs can discuss pretty much what they want within the House of Commons in the context of political debate, but how is it that the news outlets can then go on and report what the MP has said, if the injunction still applies? Or have Sky and the BBC just thought "screw it, sue us if you dare"?

Presumably because they are reporting on a separate event now - note that the story is not 'Ryan Giggs had an affair' but 'John Hemmingway reveals that Ryan Giggs is the footballer that took out the superinjunction'.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or have Sky and the BBC just thought "screw it, sue us if you dare"?

I think it's that. If Giggs reckons he can prove that either of those organisations have broken this story, telling us something we didn't already know, then that's for him to decide. But surely there must come a point when he realises he's just perpetuating this story, rather than keeping it quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here