Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC vs Hartys Phone-in...

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Bozza said:
What the feck does that mean?!?

There are 4000 or so happy souls on here sharing their diverse (and, at times, most bizarre) opinions on everything from scantily dressed women, iPods, politics and Gary Glitter. Hell, even the Albion are discussed when every other topic gets flogged to death.

It was in reference to the Blue and White tinted specs brigade mentioned earlier in my post. Maybe I should have explained it better, but the toast just popped up in the toaster and I didn't want it to get cold.

What I was refering to was that there is a certain section on NSC that can see now wrong with the club and flame anyone that dares to question tactics, signing, finances etc. So I was saying rather than get flamed people may not then post their opinions

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rusco said:
It was in reference to the Blue and White tinted specs brigade mentioned earlier in my post. Maybe I should have explained it better, but the toast just popped up in the toaster and I didn't want it to get cold.

What I was refering to was that there is a certain section on NSC that can see now wrong with the club and flame anyone that dares to question tactics, signing, finances etc. So I was saying rather than get flamed people may not then post their opinions

He is right, you know.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Bozza said:
What the feck does that mean?!?

There are 4000 or so happy souls on here sharing their diverse (and, at times, most bizarre) opinions on everything from scantily dressed women, iPods, politics and Gary Glitter. Hell, even the Albion are discussed when every other topic gets flogged to death.

Since when have 4000 souls been anywhere near this place at the same time ???

There are about 500 REGULAR users maximum.

A TINY percentage of Albion fans and you know it.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
I also believe at times there is a sense of irony & many posts are made purely to provoke a reaction. Just look at the polls & the majority are always behind McGhee & the team. I think the problem with text is that the irony is often missed.

Don't you think the 'Magoo out' brigade are just winding everybody up & having a laugh & some take everything posted far too literally?

This is just a message board & surely represents a broad church of opinion; otherwise why else would we let the Place & Leeds scum on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rougvie said:
Since when have 4000 souls been anywhere near this place at the same time ???

Where did I say "at the same time" ?!?

Rougvie said:
There are about 500 REGULAR users maximum.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge - you seem to spend a lot of time monitoring NSC usage patterns.

Rougvie said:
A TINY percentage of Albion fans and you know it.

Again, I bow to the master. Although I'm curious where you believed I've said otherwise.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
33057 Seagull said:
I also believe at times there is a sense of irony & many posts are made purely to provoke a reaction. Just look at the polls & the majority are always behind McGhee & the team. I think the problem with text is that the irony is often missed.

Don't you think the 'Magoo out' brigade are just winding everybody up & having a laugh & some take everything posted far too literally?

This is just a message board & surely represents a broad church of opinion; otherwise why else would we let the Place & Leeds scum on here.

Some posters play devils Advocate? really like who?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Am I the only person who feels a sense of inevitability coming on as soon as I hear the regular commentary that includes "hiding behind keyboard identities...I'll get slagged off for this tomorrow on North Stand Chat...they won't like it on NSC, etc., etc.," ?

Only there are times that, with respect, Ian, you appear to have some sort of fixation with NSC that is out of all proportion with the fixation that NSC users have with the phone-in. Or rather, don't.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I must say that I do quite enjoy listening to the phone in. But I do think that NSC isn't necessarily presented in a balanced way by Ian. Not everyone on here slags off the players and staff at the Albion. Yes, there are some that do, but there are also those that defend them, and quite a few who don't get involved either way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Curious Orange said:
I must say that I do quite enjoy listening to the phone in. But I do think that NSC isn't necessarily presented in a balanced way by Ian. Not everyone on here slags off the players and staff at the Albion. Yes, there are some that do, but there are also those that defend them, and quite a few who don't get involved either way.

So on one hand Harty presents NSC as serial slagger-offers, yet Rusco think NSC is Blue and white tinted brigade.

Which is it?!?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
roz said:
Only there are times that, with respect, Ian, you appear to have some sort of fixation with NSC that is out of all proportion with the fixation that NSC users have with the phone-in. Or rather, don't.

Quite so roz. My advice (why does Harty need any more advice) is not to bother with NSC. Or if you do - don't mention it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bozza said:
So on one hand Harty presents NSC as serial slagger-offers, yet Rusco think NSC is Blue and white tinted brigade.

Which is it?!?

Oi lay off Rusco you twat.

As this is your board, you see that there are posters on here who will take a delight in showing what a great fan they are, will not accept any critisism at all, pull out the "I went to Sunderland card in 1978" ( that is me btw:wave: ) spout the "we are so poor etc etc..." or be like BUckie and LI overwashed with opinions that they are right and everyone else is wrong

That is what our little friend was on about.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

As this is your board, you see that there are posters on here who will take a delight in showing what a great fan they are, will not accept any critisism at all, pull out the "I went to Sunderland card in 1978" ( that is me btw:wave: ) spout the "we are so poor etc etc..." or be like BUckie and LI overwashed with opinions that they are right and everyone else is wrong

That is what our little friend was on about.

I am right.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
dave the gaffer said:

Oi cuntchops - I wasn't layng on Rusco - merely asking the collected assembly here at church NSC if 'we' are all wearing blue and white tinted glasses, or if 'we' are all serial whingers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bozza said:
Oi cuntchops - I wasn't layng on Rusco - merely asking the collected assembly here at church NSC if 'we' are all wearing blue and white tinted glasses, or if 'we' are all serial whingers.

Matters not we are all opinionated wankers I believe.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
fcuk off misery smartypants

may you be attacked by the arse wasps

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

insultationtastic

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Bozza said:

Which is it?!?

A good question...
Oh, I suppose an answer is in order. The answer is that NSC is all of those things and more, which is why I personally enjoy reading and posting on NSC.

It isn't as simple as black and white on here. I regard myself as being more on the blue and white striped sunglasses side of things, yet I still made Guy Butters bad fan list on the 'Our defence is crap' thread. That would seem to indicate that most people are somewhere in between in their views.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Icy Gull said:
Matters not we are all opinionated wankers I believe.

I think that was what I was trying to say. However I'm not sure now. I think it was Good Old Sussex By The Sea blaring out of the Ninian Park tannoys that confused me so.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Bozza said:

I am flattered that two grown men are fighting over me !

:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here