Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC vs Hartys Phone-in...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
You've compeletely missed the point, again, and frankly Yorkie I do sometimes wonder where your actually coming from, one minute were on good terms and the next your digging at me and the phone-in and virtually leading the torchlight procession up to the castle. So why don't you actually come and sit with with me on Saturday or even at Watford and see how the phone-in works?
For the rest of the torchlight procession hopefully this will be plain enough, the overwhelming majority of the content of NSC is entertaining and informative, even though I, like many others have come in for some stick on it, some justified some unjustified, I still look at almost everyday. It certainly provides a lot of content for the phone-in as, and I have said this before, its well and truly suceeded the fanzine.
Prior to every phone-in we sit down and work out what kind of topics we might discuss, last night aside from the game, the unfortunate Paul Samrah and the anti McGhee brigade were clearly talking points.
On Sunday night I was well pissed off, but not downcast, I beleive that we will stay up. Mark McGhee is one of the best managers this club has ever had, if he gets the support from the boardroom in the shape of additional funds, and if that means new investors and power sharing then that's what DK has to do, mid table will not be beyond the Albion, but with this current squad it will go down to the wire.
So I was a little surprised to read some of the opinions about Mark McGhee on NSC, and as someone who help champion the right for Albion fans to have a voice, and ended up unpemployed and getting sued as a result of it, all I wanted to do was to extend the debate on to a wider forum.
Its certainly not NSC vs Harty or the BBC.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harty said:
On Sunday night I was well pissed off, but not downcast, I beleive that we will stay up. .

My feelings exactly, we are playing the best football we've played for years and barring more key player injuries coupled with getting the players hinted at by McGhee, it won't be long before you stop asking "when are we going to turn these draws in to wins", because it's 'kin irritating and as long as we stay in touch I have complete faith in the squad and McGhee being able to turn this round :)

Don't take all the criticism to heart :rolleyes:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Harty,

Tell you what I'd do if I were you.I'd go on the radio on sat and tell the lot of them to get stuffed.

Take no notice mate you know what they're like. Luckily I and you by the looks of it haven't been fitted with the "NSC agree with each other at all costs gene" so we can disagree with what they say,some of them unfortunately can't.

There's nothing like closing ranks is there especially when 1 of the big posters gets a slating.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Exactly the point I made.

NSC rule no1,agree with everything the majority agree with.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: NSC vs Hartys Phone-in...

Bluejuice said:
I'm totally with you here. I make no secret of the fact I am backing McGhee, and have always believed him to be the right man for the job. BUT at the same time, the people who want to moan and make a fuss are perfectly entitled to. After all, were he managing another club with the same percentage of wins he'd probably be facing the sack. It's just that we are lucky enough to have a patient and reasonable board who understand that our hands have been tied for a long time, and they realise that getting trigger happy will not solve anything.

So the record at the moment isn't great, but it could be so much worse.

HOWEVER, those that are moaning about it are entitled to their opinions. And whilst I tend to ignore their rants as the opinions of the clueless, there is no reason why they shouldn't be expressing their dismay. After all, we are all supporting the same club, and just because some of us are looking at a wider picture than others, doesn't make them any less valuable fans for their rants about McGhee and the team.

I'd love it if we were doing better, but we aren't and we've got more than enough excuses for it. If people choose to ignore those excuses then let them.

At the end of the day nobody here or on the phone in is claiming to represent the views of all the fans, so let them have their say. Freedom of speech is a given right we should be grateful for

well said

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think some people, gonna include myself here, just don't think McGhee is doing as well as he could be. There is nothing wrong with voicing that opinion. Some people just do not like seeing right footed midfielders at left back while a decent enough left back is told that he 'isn't ready' to play. When exactly is Mayo going to be ready, he's been at the club for ten years.

He has also spent over £100,000 on Turienzo who is yet to see a decent amount of time in the first team. Now I realise that he has dug up two decent players form France but you cannot use those two as excuses for throwing money away that we can't afford.

Hopefully he can do the decent thing and get back on the phone to Fergie and get some more United youngsters down here.

Buy hey ho, you're right and we're stupid and moaning bastards.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Harty said:
You've compeletely missed the point, again, and frankly Yorkie I do sometimes wonder where your actually coming from, one minute were on good terms and the next your digging at me and the phone-in and virtually leading the torchlight procession up to the castle. So why don't you actually come and sit with with me on Saturday or even at Watford and see how the phone-in works?
For the rest of the torchlight procession hopefully this will be plain enough, the overwhelming majority of the content of NSC is entertaining and informative, even though I, like many others have come in for some stick on it, some justified some unjustified, I still look at almost everyday. It certainly provides a lot of content for the phone-in as, and I have said this before, its well and truly suceeded the fanzine.
Prior to every phone-in we sit down and work out what kind of topics we might discuss, last night aside from the game, the unfortunate Paul Samrah and the anti McGhee brigade were clearly talking points.
On Sunday night I was well pissed off, but not downcast, I beleive that we will stay up. Mark McGhee is one of the best managers this club has ever had, if he gets the support from the boardroom in the shape of additional funds, and if that means new investors and power sharing then that's what DK has to do, mid table will not be beyond the Albion, but with this current squad it will go down to the wire.
So I was a little surprised to read some of the opinions about Mark McGhee on NSC, and as someone who help champion the right for Albion fans to have a voice, and ended up unpemployed and getting sued as a result of it, all I wanted to do was to extend the debate on to a wider forum.
Its certainly not NSC vs Harty or the BBC.

Harty

I couldn't agree with your sentiments more, there are some on here who look at the world through Mcghee made Blue and white specs. The lady you have mentioned for one !

Personally I think McGhee is doing a good job, but we should be entitled to question his decision making. Mainly around the players he has brought in, Turienzo for sure. How can a club struggling for money spend all that money on one player who then doesn't even feature in the squad?

However, we are on NSC, so I guess I should keep my opinions to myself and just say how wonderful everything is

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think NSC does seem to get slated on the phone in's regularily and to the majority of Brighton fans who listen (who are not members of NSC) do get a misrepresentation of this forum, and believe we are all "keyboard warriors" without a life outside Brighton or NSC, whereas a lot of us just use this to help get through another day at work.

Yes there are some idiots on here who slate the club, manager, players, but most of this is usually within a short time of getting home from the game when emotions are still high, just like going into a pub with you mates after the game and moaning, its just once it on here its available for everybody else to view. There are also users on here who like to wind people up and as they usually succeed, continue to do so.

How many of those radio fans do actually realise the good NSC has done over the years and that without NSC would Fans United have succeeded beyond most peoples wildest dreams, would many of the Falmer campaigns have received as much support, would we have had a "hit single", would the much needed cash keeping the club afloat have been raised, such as player sponsorship, game sponsorship, sales of DVD's etc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NSC has a large number of posters and represents a wide variety of views, from the "Blayney/CKR/Jake is shit" brigade to those who think who think McGhee can do no wrong.

On balance McGhee has done a good job, he got the side promoted, kept us in the division on a shoestring, has brought through some good youth team players who have gone on to bigger clubs, made some excellent signings (Carole, Frutos, Currie).

On the downside some of his other activities have been less impressive. For someone who is a striker, his signings up front have been very hit and miss, Trolley, El Turi and Molango have disappointed/disappeared off the radar screen. CKR has shown some encouraging signs, Jake has not proven to be the next Michael Owen just yet. His public criticism of players is a little unusual, whatever you may think of Ferguson and Wenger, they are very reticent to publically have a go at their players, although Fergy has now started making a few snide remarks about Keane.

People talk about McGhee being 'loyal' to the club, but it is easy to be loyal if no one else is after your services. He has had a number of former appointments where that loyalty was questioned when someone else came in for him, Millwall were happy to sack him and the vibes from their fans is certainly less than positive.

If grading him, I would give him 7/10, and think he should stay, but that does not fit in with the NSC approach of slaughter or worship (and sometimes both within 24 hours......if we had held onto a 2-1 victory against Palace do you think there would have been any threads questioning his position....apart from Ernest of course).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rusco said:
However, we are on NSC, so I guess I should keep my opinions to myself and just say how wonderful everything is

What the feck does that mean?!?

There are 4000 or so happy souls on here sharing their diverse (and, at times, most bizarre) opinions on everything from scantily dressed women, iPods, politics and Gary Glitter. Hell, even the Albion are discussed when every other topic gets flogged to death.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
the full harris said:
It was funny when someone sent in a 'sack mcghee' text saying they were Yorkie!

:ohmy:

:D

Harty would not argue with any of the daft bint massive though if he wants to stay alive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here