Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6-a-side tournament

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
So HINEY, are you coming to/playing in this tournament or what? That would be the only thing, bar the signing of Per Frandsen, that could spice up the crocs v exiles game any more!

Regrettably not.

We have a PARTY the night before and we have a family thing to do in the afternoon.

I will have my SPIES there however, keeping me posted with ALL developments.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am actually rather disappointed. Doing battle with Hans will be a highlight of my life, if you were the other half of the exiles backline I think I may have been unable to control my anticipation of what would have been the ultimate flairfest, and I fear, bloodbath.

If you want to SPY on the crocs, then do not worry, as I can tell you now what we will do. One, maybe two narrow wins will not be enough to catapult us through the group stage, but we will be involved in one memorable moment (probably embarrassing on our part), and the other teams will spend the day looking at us, shaking their heads whilst thinking "who let those twats come along?"

If Hiney were to play four matches in a day, I fear that the only bloodbath would be the retribution delivered upon him by Mrs Hiney for his stupidity! [Sorry Hiney]

As for the second part of your post - I think everyone will indeed be staring, shaking their heads, and thinking "what where they thinking of, putting that big lad in those skin tight yellow hot-pants"?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's impossible to say Richie, I think.

Crowhurst I see as strong, and the Supporters Club are a genuine team rather than just a group of mates. The rest I have no clue about.

In Group A, we have the AITC who are all coaches for the Albion Community scheme, so they are bound to be strong. The rest are basically all unkown, but could be brilliant?!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's impossible to say Richie, I think.

Crowhurst I see as strong, and the Supporters Club are a genuine team rather than just a group of mates. The rest I have no clue about.

In Group A, we have the AITC who are all coaches for the Albion Community scheme, so they are bound to be strong. The rest are basically all unkown, but could be brilliant?!

I think the proper teams have an obvious advantage. Other than them your guess is as good as mine.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hans Kraay, is there any chance you could please edit your first post to include the draw and fixtures?
It would make it them easier to find i think!

As for the draw, i think it's come out quite favourably all round. The obviously strong teams are in B, and the mixed bunch are in A, which should prevent it becoming too one sided:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the proper teams have an obvious advantage. Other than them your guess is as good as mine.

That's my thinking.

Some of the random teams are more random than others though - Crocs for example have all played together occassionally before, same with yourselves. Brazil are based on an existing five a side team, and the AITC all work and train together.

On my part, I've only even met two of my squad before!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hans Kraay, is there any chance you could please edit your first post to include the draw and fixtures?
It would make it them easier to find i think!

As for the draw, i think it's come out quite favourably all round. The obviously strong teams are in B, and the mixed bunch are in A, which should prevent it becoming too one sided:)

I can't edit the first post as its too old - I've just tried.

I think you're making too many assumptions on the relative strengths of the teams.

Brazil are an existing 5-a-side team
Crocs are also, if only sporadically
AITC are all proffessional football coaches, so hopeful know a bit about kicking it.
Exiles, whilst a team of total strangers are carefully selected strangers! there will not be a stronger midfield pairing in the tournament than Ben and Chesney.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't think I can edit the first post as its too old, but I'll try.

I think you're making too many assumptions on the relative strengths of the teams.

Brazil are an existing 5-a-side team
Crocs are also, if only sporadically
AITC are all proffessional football coaches, so hopeful know a bit about kicking it.
Exiles, whilst a team of total strangers are carefully selected strangers! there will not be a stronger midfield pairing in the tournament than Ben and Chesney.

I'm not saying that Group A is full of 'crap'! I just feel that there's likely to be a fair gulf in class between the majority of those in A and those in B. Obviously it will still remain competetive and there will be a decent standard of football...but on paper (using a lot of guesswork) i'd say that the draw probably couldn't be made that much 'fairer'.

That's not to say that should the Crocs reach the knockout stages that they are guaranteed defeat though:cool:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the Exiles might be a surprise package. One or two players can really make a difference in small sided games as in Chesney they have a cracking midfielder.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think the Exiles might be a surprise package. One or two players can really make a difference in small sided games as in Chesney they have a cracking midfielder.

As in Chesney Christ?
He played/plays midfield in REMF?
He's Ginger.
He's Good.
Bugger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As in Chesney Christ?
He played/plays midfield in REMF?
He's Ginger.
He's Good.
Bugger.

That's the one:thumbsup:

We may do okay. I don't really have much more idea than anyone else, as I have a goalie, a defender and a striker that I've never met, let alone played with before!

Having said that, in Chesney, Ben, jaz and myself we have the core of a good side, so I know we'll not embarrass ourselves.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
its going to be a glorious day, we can get the bbq going between games, and a can of magners to wash it down with

God I hope its sunny. It will f*** it right up if it pisses down.

I'm too lazy for a bbq. I'm going to bring a coolbox full of drinks and snacks, and if I feel the need for a hotdog I'll pop in to see Andy Rollings in the cafe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here