Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6-a-side tournament

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hi Chesney. Welcome to the last space on The Exiles. great to have you on board.

Have contracts been signed?

Breaking news...

Sporting Bad Haircuts have come in with a last ditch attempt to snatch star-midfielder Chesney Christ from rivals The Exiles.
Sporting's manager Richard Morris said he hoped the players good links with current Sporting players Brett Mendoza, Max Healey and Richard Coleman could prompt a last-minute change of heart.
Speaking outside the club's training ground, Morris said: "I know the lad from last seasons REMF and you had to admire the way he linked the play.
"No manager worth their salt would not have a pop at signing him up. I just hope the chance to continue his good form alongside a trio of fellow REMF players is enough to get him to sign."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have contracts been signed?

Breaking news...

Sporting Bad Haircuts have come in with a last ditch attempt to snatch star-midfielder Chesney Christ from rivals The Exiles.
Sporting's manager Richard Morris said he hoped the players good links with current Sporting players Brett Mendoza, Max Healey and Richard Coleman could prompt a last-minute change of heart.
Speaking outside the club's training ground, Morris said: "I know the lad from last seasons REMF and you had to admire the way he linked the play.
"No manager worth their salt would not have a pop at signing him up. I just hope the chance to continue his good form alongside a trio of fellow REMF players is enough to get him to sign."

In even later breaking news, HKFC, was heard to mutter, "Oh for f*** sake Morris, not you again" My legal team are still going over the fine print of Little-Rich-Gate. Anymore of this tapping up nonsense and I shall report you to the FA!

Chesney is an EXILE. His main reasoning was "I don't want to play for Sporting, as then i won't get a chance to STACK Morrris".

Anyway - its all about GINGER UNITY.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sporting Bad Haircuts manager Richard Morris has responded to criticism by claiming he was misquoted.
Morris told local paper, the Preston Park News, he was not disappointed at missing out on the signing of Chesney Christ.
He said: "Some journalist somewhere got their wires crossed. I was talking about Sportings' very own ginger dynamo, Max 'Chappers' Healey.
"The squad we have is more than capable of holding its own in this competition - this is just journalists trying to stir up transfer rumours to make the close-season more exciting."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Meanwhile HKFC smugly poured himself a wee dram last night, to congratulate himself on his foresight in deliberately only selecting an 8 man squad, to accomodate the late availibility of a quality player such as Mr Christ.

Seriously, I can only have Chesney, because I had a space. I wouldn't dream of leaving anyone out who was already down to play, and I hope nobody else would either - that's not really the spirit of the thing!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
In breaking news, Exiles FC striker, John Dorian has launched a scathing attack on Sporting manager Richie Morris labelling the managers poor sportsmanship tactics as "pathetic". He continued by stating that the manager was only using "mind games" in order to put manager HKFC off his close season preparations. John Dorian: "Unfortunately, several managers in this league will be jealous at the amount of class HKFC has, and the level of players he has at his disposal for the forthcoming tournament." John Dorian then continued by saying that by keeping out of the headlines, HKFC was proving that he was the better manager and that him and his teammates will unite to bring the trophy to their manager.

For more news and views click on www.argus.co.uk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually my 'close season preparations' consist mainly of trying to round up a few raffle prizes [HINT, OFFERS PLEASE PEOPLE], and getting on with producing the Official Matchday Program.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
John Dorian should concentrate on keeping his place in the team, according to Sporting Bad Haircuts manager Richard Morris.
The outspoken striker has criticised Morris' manipulation of the media, especially concerning what Dorian says are unsettling rumours over recent signing Chesney Christ.
Morris however maintains the centre-forward should be more worried about how Christ's signing may affect his place in the starting line-up.
Morris said: "A player like that coming into the squad is bound to cause shock-waves. Someone of his calibre is not going to be happy sitting on the bench and the rest of the Exiles would perhaps be better served spending less time gloating and more time on the training ground."
Morris also maintained his small squad of seven was well served to withstand the demands of such a tournament and quickly dismissed any suggestion of further signings.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you have a point actually Richie. A full squad of 9 means using your rolling subs more than you'd necessarily need to which can upset your flow a bit, when the games are only 10 minutes each way.

In our squad though we have 4 players the wrong side of 30 who might require a rest or two!

I'd be looking for one more if I were you, not so mush for rotation, but in case of an injury. You are, after all, hoping to play 6 games in 5 hours.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
John Dorian has conceded that whilst the arrival of Chesney Christ to the Exiles squad is an astute signing by manager HKFC, he has to maintain his form in order to be picked for every game. However, he believes that Richie Morris should put his money where his mouth is and hold fire on the personal digs until the chance to settle all the controversy when the two sides come head to head on the day of the tournament. Richie Morris will do well to amount any type of challenge to the in-form Exiles FC side stated John Dorian.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Exiles selection policy is strictly meritocratic, in terms of starting line-up each match, but every player of the 9 man squad will play some part in every match.

I have yet to actually see Mr Dorian play, but he comes highly recommended [by himself!]. He's now bigged himself up to such a degree on here, that anything less than two goals a game is going to be seen as a HUGE let-down!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here