Not again ... Henderson wants a transfer [merged threads]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhafc4eva said:
this club needs players who wants to play for the club
Yes as the past few transfer windows show people are banging down the door to sign for Brighton.

I suggest that its you that is shipped out

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Yes as the past few transfer windows show people are banging down the door to sign for Brighton.

I suggest that its you that is shipped out

All i am asking is the players we have here i hope are proud and want to play for us. I dont want some whining little pixie calling the shots.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhafc4eva said:
All i am asking is the players we have here i hope are proud and want to play for us. I dont want some whining little pixie calling the shots.
And you have a team that wants to play for them now and look where they are in the table, Footballers are mercenaries most of the time and are in it for the money (its a job after all) they are not going to all want to play for your club, no matter what level.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
And you have a team that wants to play for them now and look where they are in the table, Footballers are mercenaries most of the time and are in it for the money (its a job after all) they are not going to all want to play for your club, no matter what level.

Bollocks, try telling that to El-Abd or Virgo when he was here. These players really wanted to play for their home team and it showed in their performances. Good players get snapped up, but Henderson has had no interest from anywhere and the fact he has been picked as a third choice keeper for a less talented nation has made his ego swell. It cant help team spirit when your reserve keeper is throwing the dummy every second week.

Let him go now on a free if need be, if it keeps the dressing room spirit and we stay up who cares.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sorry but I have to take issue here, I would rather have players in the team who want to play for us, rather than throw their teddies out of the cot every time they are dropped or have a run in the reserves. There are a couple of players at the club who have been with us for some time, they have played in many different roles and have been in and out of the side at times, yet we don't hear them complaining or slapping in transfer requests. I think we all know to whom I am referring, they are OGH and Kerry, I can't believe they just stay here for the money. Those two are in my opinion model professionals who always give 110% when they pull the shirt on, some of the younger players would do well to follow their example. If Hendo really doesn't want to play for us, or gets a monk on every time he is dropped, then he should either grow up or be got rid.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Gully said:
Sorry but I have to take issue here, I would rather have players in the team who want to play for us, rather than throw their teddies out of the cot every time they are dropped or have a run in the reserves. There are a couple of players at the club who have been with us for some time, they have played in many different roles and have been in and out of the side at times, yet we don't hear them complaining or slapping in transfer requests. I think we all know to whom I am referring, they are OGH and Kerry, I can't believe they just stay here for the money. Those two are in my opinion model professionals who always give 110% when they pull the shirt on, some of the younger players would do well to follow their example. If Hendo really doesn't want to play for us, or gets a monk on every time he is dropped, then he should either grow up or be got rid.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top post!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhafc4eva said:
If Henderson is reading this please f*** off as soon as possible, this club needs players who wants to play for the club and has always been the case.

Ok so why didn't we ship Kuipers out last season then? On the transfer list for 6 months or Danny Cullip when he was on the transfer list for the majority of the 01/02 season?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
2 very exceptional cases there. They were 2 great players who never stopped giving 100%, i dont remember either handing in 2 transfer request in one season, being very average and handing games away like Toys r us. :censored:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhafc4eva said:
2 very exceptional cases there. They were 2 great players who never stopped giving 100%, i dont remember either handing in 2 transfer request in one season, being very average and handing games away like Toys r us. :censored:

No exceptions. They handed in transfer requests because they didn't want to play for us. You can't have it both ways.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
All i am saying is i cant see what the big fuss is, your reserve keeper hands in a transfer request. Big deal throw him out, i dont expect clubs will be queing up to take him off our hands. Kuipers did it once and apologised and has since continued to fight for his place, even when being replaced by a keeper that clearly isnt very good. Sooner he goes the better.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Gully said:

Have to agree with that.

But I also understand why he has done it. If he can't get in a League One team his international days will be over.

I'm sure we will get more than the £20,000 we paid for him. Anyone know if there is a sell on for Villa though?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bhafc4eva said:
All i am saying is i cant see what the big fuss is, your reserve keeper hands in a transfer request. Big deal throw him out, i dont expect clubs will be queing up to take him off our hands. Kuipers did it once and apologised and has since continued to fight for his place, even when being replaced by a keeper that clearly isnt very good. Sooner he goes the better.

Why would he want to fight for his place here? Has he got any incentive to? Honestly read some of the posts on this thread, wouldn't want to make me fight for a place.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yorkie said:
No exceptions. They handed in transfer requests because they didn't want to play for us. You can't have it both ways.
I think you will find both had issues with the manager at the time .. Cullip still continued to play and give his all whilst on the list .. Granted that dropped away once he knew he was off .

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Da Man Clay said:
Why would he want to fight for his place here? Has he got any incentive to? Honestly read some of the posts on this thread, wouldn't want to make me fight for a place.

I believe he has only bought it upon his self. Players make bad mistakes they are going to get criticised, if you make mistakes in your own job you will be pulled up on it. Thats life! We dont all hand in our notice when we fall out of favour with the boss. The bloke needs to grow up.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Yorkie said:
You didn't see the two goals that Kuipers conceded at Bristol then?
seen them and as a goalkeeper I don't see what your getting at on this one I'm afraid. Liek I said, Hendo IS a good keeper, my grievence is him being unprofessional IMHO and throwing his toys out of his pram when not in the side rather than working to improve and get the no1 spot back.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bhafc4eva said:
I believe he has only bought it upon his self. Players make bad mistakes they are going to get criticised, if you make mistakes in your own job you will be pulled up on it. Thats life! We dont all hand in our notice when we fall out of favour with the boss. The bloke needs to grow up.

We do, however if id recived abuse not just from my boss and on a regular basis id be out the door.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Henderson may probably be overall the better keeper, but he was put in the team for his distribution, which in my opinion is not any better than kuipers.
Kuipers has a bigger command of the defense and always tells them where they need to be standing/marking etc

Henderson is still young - he got dropped because this season and last every mistake he made - we conceeded - so everytime we were looking at a win we ended up drawing, and everytime we looked like getting a point we ended up losing

He should have stayed, the fans have given far much more abuse other players, and he did not do himself any favours buy chucking his toys out the pram

Anyway we have 2 more great keepers at the club - Richard Martin is a quality keeper, and John Sullivan has already represented England

So with the experience of Kuipers, he needs to nurture Martin (providing he comes back from Dorchester) and do the same with Sullivan - These 2 youth keepers are very good from what ive seen in ressie matches, so it is time to give them a chance should kuipers loose form, or get injured (which is more likely)

Fact is Kuipers comes back in the team and kept back to back league clean sheets and weve got 4 points from 2 games

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For what it's worth, here's my view as an 'outsider'...

It seems to me that Henderson isn't being the most professional of footballers. Twice he's been dropped and twice he's handed in a transfer request. He doesn't seem to have very good timing either as for the second time he's handed it in at a time when he's got little chance of a decent move. Anyway, regardless of the poor timing it just creates the impression that he has no wish to actually fight for his place. Maybe he thinks he has a divine right to be first choice keeper and an international? I don't know. The argus report says he wants to move to protect his international career. If he's currently not good enough to earn a starting place in a league one side then he's not got much of an international career full stop. Putting in a transfer request and changing clubs isn't going to change that fact. Knuckling down, working hard in training, winning your club place back and putting in decent performances on the pitch will give him his best chance of maintaining an international career, IMHO. Football is a competitve business and the sooner he realises that nothing is guaranteed and nothing is given to you on a plate the better. For him and for us.

As for blaming the fans. I think that's being slightly disingenuous. I don't know how much stick he's been getting. Abusing our own players isn't really necessary, particularly what is alleged to have happened at bournemouth. However, in the 19 years that I've been following the Albion a number of players have, at times, received fearfull abuse. How about Dean Wilkins? He used to get loads of abuse. He never quit or threatened to. Infact, he's just as passionate-if not more so- about this club as anyone on here even after all the abuse he got. Sadly, it's a fact of footballing life that fans will occasionally turn on their own players. If it was a big problem for Henderson he would have handed in a transfer request earlier, wouldn't he? But, no, he's waited until he's been dropped and not immediately reinstated before asking to leave.

Finally, everyone here seems to acknowledge that it's a vocal minority that abuse him. So, we can assume, the majority support him or at least don't wish him ill. Shame on the vocal minority for abusing a young player. But, equally, shame on the SILENT MAJORITY. Why don't you drown out the abuse instead of waiting to come on here and moan about it? If you put half as much effort into supporting him at games as you do complaining on here then he'd know that the majority want him to succeed.

To quote the eloquent Withdean Wanderer. 'Supporters-pricks' Indeed.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've allways rated Henderson and I think some of the abuse he's had has been OTT, But having said that I'm not convinced he's ever seen Brighton as his long term future just more of a stepping stone to bigger things. If his heart is'nt here then it's best he go's.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
For what it's worth, here's my view as an 'outsider'...

It seems to me that Henderson isn't being the most professional of footballers. Twice he's been dropped and twice he's handed in a transfer request. He doesn't seem to have very good timing either as for the second time he's handed it in at a time when he's got little chance of a decent move. Anyway, regardless of the poor timing it just creates the impression that he has no wish to actually fight for his place. Maybe he thinks he has a divine right to be first choice keeper and an international? I don't know. The argus report says he wants to move to protect his international career. If he's currently not good enough to earn a starting place in a league one side then he's not got much of an international career full stop. Putting in a transfer request and changing clubs isn't going to change that fact. Knuckling down, working hard in training, winning your club place back and putting in decent performances on the pitch will give him his best chance of maintaining an international career, IMHO. Football is a competitve business and the sooner he realises that nothing is guaranteed and nothing is given to you on a plate the better. For him and for us.

As for blaming the fans. I think that's being slightly disingenuous. I don't know how much stick he's been getting. Abusing our own players isn't really necessary, particularly what is alleged to have happened at bournemouth. However, in the 19 years that I've been following the Albion a number of players have, at times, received fearfull abuse. How about Dean Wilkins? He used to get loads of abuse. He never quit or threatened to. Infact, he's just as passionate-if not more so- about this club as anyone on here even after all the abuse he got. Sadly, it's a fact of footballing life that fans will occasionally turn on their own players. If it was a big problem for Henderson he would have handed in a transfer request earlier, wouldn't he? But, no, he's waited until he's been dropped and not immediately reinstated before asking to leave.

Finally, everyone here seems to acknowledge that it's a vocal minority that abuse him. So, we can assume, the majority support him or at least don't wish him ill. Shame on the vocal minority for abusing a young player. But, equally, shame on the SILENT MAJORITY. Why don't you drown out the abuse instead of waiting to come on here and moan about it? If you put half as much effort into supporting him at games as you do complaining on here then he'd know that the majority want him to succeed.

To quote the eloquent Withdean Wanderer. 'Supporters-pricks' Indeed.

totally agree

but you call yourself an outsider but with Member of the FDM fan club in your signature :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here