Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lining up a bid for CMS.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I quite like the idea of that partnership...but find it interesting re the patience bit.....it would seem its something's that's lacking in a lot of peeps on here

When I played at a decent level a few years ago (well, quite a few) I was the Sheringham type striker and link wingers for me or my strike partner to score from. First season it didn't work too well and I was running around (ala CMS) without much success or confidence. Towards the end of the season the manager put a different player up front with me and kept with it for the following season. Through that patience and faith we amassed over 50 goals between us that second season and gained promotion.

Professional football is obviously a higher standard than my Saturday afternoon club football but with a strike partner who CMS works with for more than a season we would definitely see the benefit.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Norwich to give us what we payed for him plus Bennett on loan :drool:

D

Deleted member 2719

What a load of bollox lol.

I guess the fact Vicente is of unreal quality must be partly down to our coaching too then???

That statement is Bolloxs all players need coaching some need it more than others, look at what Murray has done.........................No not Glen, although he has improved since being with us, Andy has changed his coach to Ivan and then he becomes a winner.
I have said it more than once on here we lack coaches that understand how to stick the ball in the net.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agree, Hoskins should have scored, but he is short of match practice, and at least he was getting in the right areas, which CMS isn't. I also don't see what's wrong with playing two strikers, especially at home, and doubly so when you're struggling to score.

So far as I am concerned, I am happy to let off Hoskins the misses because anyone will tell you sharpness comes with games. I suspect Gus may disagree with us though! Why else drop him. Personally, I think they should play together and see what happens. Won't happen now though.

Who was top scorer last season - played out of position?

Who hit CMS twice for to of his credited goals?

I am anything but anti-Barnes. I like him in the main striker role, he played so well with CMS for that first 20 mins againat Leeds, then he was hooked out wide as per standard, and just to waste his talent a bit more. Played as a proper centre forward, with someone around him, he is a Championship centre forward. But he doesn't GET to play to his strengths.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
It's scary how good Barnes was against Chelski in pre-season compared to the tat he's produced since.
There's got to be a reason why he seems to under perform so much?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
please tell me you lot dont think CMS is premiership standard?

get a grip....

In the prem, you have world class strikers like Aguarroooooooooooooo, Tevez, Rooney, RVP etc....there is no way you can compare CMS with any of them. ( Darren Bent cant even get a game thes edays)

He is a very good League 1 striker and a reasonable Championship striker ( who missed too many chances) In the prem, you cant miss chances or you are out PDQ.

Who are you all suggesting he replaces...Grant Holt?

Amazing!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Grant Holt who was previously at Shrewsbury in League Two and joined Norwich in League One?

That Grant Holt?

Thats the one...captain of a premiership side and causing problems for international defenders when he is fit....yes that one.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

get a grip....

In the prem, you have world class strikers like Aguarroooooooooooooo, Tevez, Rooney, RVP etc....there is no way you can compare CMS with any of them. ( Darren Bent cant even get a game thes edays)

He is a very good League 1 striker and a reasonable Championship striker ( who missed too many chances) In the prem, you cant miss chances or you are out PDQ.

Amazing!

presumably he'd play off Grant Holt ? That rarity we don't see....2 strikers !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Thats the one...captain of a premiership side and causing problems for international defenders when he is fit....yes that one.

Yes. So why can't a player from the Championship also achieve success in the prem if a league one player is now their captain?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

get a grip....

Amazing!

its probably worth remembering that some on here have such thick rose tinted specs on they cant see the wood for the trees and will happily accept whats served up in front of them IMO. CMS is adored by many and cannot possibly flop, its as simple as that... others, whilst still fans, are more objective and have a basic understanding of the game.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
its probably worth remembering that some on here have such thick rose tinted specs on they cant see the wood for the trees and will happily accept whats served up in front of them IMO. CMS is adored by many and cannot possibly flop, its as simple as that... others, whilst still fans, are more objective and have a basic understanding of the game.

So Norwich City's manager doesn't have a basic understanding of the game? Considering he has previously bid for him and is likely to make another this window?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Jonathan Walters another good example . In fact he was barely a success even at lower league level but is a key player now

Exactly. Norwich have clearly seen something in how CMS plays. Reading's only real goal threat is Adam Le Fondre...from League 2 rotherham. Southampton rely on Rickie Lambert who previously was at Brizzle Rovers.

Norwich are full of championship players. In fact they basically have the whole leeds midfield as theirs.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

OR MAYBE People recognise that CMS has ability but doesn't fit our style of play and that he would suit another team, where he may in fact thrive?

It could even be the case that a premier league manager may think that his team is THAT team with THAT style of play and therefore............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here