Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lining up a bid for CMS.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
So Norwich City's manager doesn't have a basic understanding of the game? Considering he has previously bid for him and is likely to make another this window?

i didnt say that, of course he does, when i say flop i mean he doesnt fit the style of football Gus wants to play. I should have been clearer..

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
OR MAYBE People recognise that CMS has ability but doesn't fit our style of play and that he would suit another team, where he may in fact thrive?

It could even be the case that a premier league manager may think that his team is THAT team with THAT style of play and therefore............

this would be correct.....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
OR MAYBE People recognise that CMS has ability but doesn't fit our style of play and that he would suit another team, where he may in fact thrive?

It could even be the case that a premier league manager may think that his team is THAT team with THAT style of play and therefore............

It sounds like you don't have a basic understanding of the game

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

From now on, I am only going to shout the following when at a game;

"FORWARD", "CHALLENGE", "USELESS"

it's the footballing equivalent of those people who get their kicks by regressing and dressing up like babies.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
It gets even better?

29 Dec 2012 23:52:27
After recent speculation, Darren Bent has been seen having a medical at Brighton and Hove Albion.
The seagulls are preparing a swap deal where they have had an accepted offer where they will swap Craig Mackail Smith along with a sum of £3.5 million.
With the recent arrival of the Belgian Benteke at Villa, Bent has been warming the bench, so the former Villa target man will be heading out in January.

I like this rumour mill. Total and absolute tosh!

TNBA

TTF

:rotlf: These rumours very rarely turn out to be true. Yet the amount of threads is amazing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Completely agree. We have not even attempted to play to the strengths of our record signing, we have left him to run around up front and feed off scraps most of the time. The sea change in opinion on CMS over the last year is hilarious, and a lot of the time shameful. He isn't a bad player, but he's wasted in our system. People were massively critical of Craig Noone, no final ball apparently. Sell him to a team intent on using his strengths for the good of the team and bang, assists all over the place and chipping in with goals too. Mackail-Smith is a good player being used in a way which doesn't allow him to show it. Like Ashley Barnes.

Quite frankly, I'm more inclined to think you don't have a "basic understanding" of the game. Such a stupid phrase anyway, it's a subjective game. There's no deffinitive right or wrong opinion on tactics, players or anything else for that matter. To dismiss someone's opinion with such contempt is pathetic in my opinion, absolutely pathetic. I don't agree with a lot of what's written on here, and clearly a lot of people don't agree with a lot of what I write. But at the very least I show respect to people having different opinions to myself, your post was bang out of order there as far as I am concerned.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why would a PL manager sign untalented (above League One level) CMS, when there are the likes of Murray, Ince, Austin, M.Phillips, about? They all do the business as strikers, and show natural touch, vision, and balance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely agree. We have not even attempted to play to the strengths of our record signing, we have left him to run around up front and feed off scraps most of the time. The sea change in opinion on CMS over the last year is hilarious, and a lot of the time shameful. He isn't a bad player, but he's wasted in our system. People were massively critical of Craig Noone, no final ball apparently. Sell him to a team intent on using his strengths for the good of the team and bang, assists all over the place and chipping in with goals too. Mackail-Smith is a good player being used in a way which doesn't allow him to show it. Like Ashley Barnes.

Quite frankly, I'm more inclined to think you don't have a "basic understanding" of the game. Such a stupid phrase anyway, it's a subjective game. There's no deffinitive right or wrong opinion on tactics, players or anything else for that matter. To dismiss someone's opinion with such contempt is pathetic in my opinion, absolutely pathetic. I don't agree with a lot of what's written on here, and clearly a lot of people don't agree with a lot of what I write. But at the very least I show respect to people having different opinions to myself, your post was bang out of order there as far as I am concerned.

CMS - always had my doubts about him, and agreed with comments last season that not a natural footballer.

Noone - at Withdean and the Amex, I consistently rated the guy. In an inherently inconsistent position, he was a constant threat to the opposition, who often marked him with two, which should have led to CMS and others taking advantage.
It was a worry when astute Cardiff almost got him the first time, and gutting when they did. Malky Mackay's policy like Adkbs and Lambert's @ Norwich is to raid competitors. Gus's was a weak and submissive every player has his price. Looking at the table Mackay and Noone will soon be joining hem in the PL. Well done Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here