Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lining up a bid for CMS.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We are obviously watching different games. More threat in five minutes on Saturday than CMS managed all game.

That is the same game I watched. Does CMS think he is playing Rugby, because he looks more intent on playing for corners than scoring goals? Why would he - we never score from them? If we can off-load CMS then great, if not, it is time he was "rested" as they say.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Unfortunately I can see this happening.

CMS is a proven goalscorer, and it isn't just bad luck that he has barely been able to hit a barndoor the last 18 months.

Proven in the third division maybe, even then that is only really one season. We should have sold him last Jan and in the summer when we had the chance. Can't see anyone coming in for him in January if I'm being honest. The lad can't even get in the Scotland squad, that is how poor he is.

I know it's all shulda culda woulda but we could have signed Le Fondre and got 2 and bit million change. That's before you mention that judas **** at Palace.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We are obviously watching different games. More threat in five minutes on Saturday than CMS managed all game.

To be honest, I think I probably did see another game entirely. :lolol:

But the Hoskins control over the shoulder and snap shot was very good. Unfortunately, that's it. That's all he got to do, not through his own fault, but we've only seen little snapshots. Against Forest in the first half he had all sorts of chances, without scoring, and you can't ignore that. As I said, he hasn't had the chance to get a long run in the team and I'm not expecting too much to say he probably should have scored against Nottingham Forest. The free header especially. I would much prefer CMS to Hoskins to start the game, if the choice is one or the other. I think what most people would agree on is that the whole problem is that decision.... PLAY BOTH!!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

But the Hoskins control over the shoulder and snap shot was very good. Unfortunately, that's it. That's all he got to do, not through his own fault, but we've only seen little snapshots. Against Forest in the first half he had all sorts of chances, without scoring, and you can't ignore that. As I said, he hasn't had the chance to get a long run in the team and I'm not expecting too much to say he probably should have scored against Nottingham Forest. The free header especially. I would much prefer CMS to Hoskins to start the game, if the choice is one or the other. I think what most people would agree on is that the whole problem is that decision.... PLAY BOTH!!!

I would rather see Hoskins with Barnes, at least Barnes knows where to position himself to score.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would rather see Hoskins with Barnes, at least Barnes knows where to position himself to score.

As opposed to Mackail-Smith who has 10 this season already. He is a good striker who will score goals, but peoples minds are made up. He'll thrive elsewhere.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
CMS is a decent enough striker, but his style is not consistent with how we play. He cannot link play, win headers or bring others into the game. What he can do is run channels, play on the shoulder of the last man and when his confidence is high take shots on early. Problem is we are trying to get balls in from wide areas or play people in around the edge of the box. CMS is the wrong player for both...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Then you are the human equivalent of a football desert..... empty and barren of life.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

Agree, Hoskins should have scored, but he is short of match practice, and at least he was getting in the right areas, which CMS isn't. I also don't see what's wrong with playing two strikers, especially at home, and doubly so when you're struggling to score.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
CMS is quality and haven't we been saying he needs a strike partner since he arrived? The strike partner has never materialised, our other strikers come on for bit parts of the game and no relationship or understanding is forged.

Look at the Watford goals yesterday, particularly the third goal; a team who have a clear understanding of the way they want to play, work for each other, press when they don't have the ball and have a great strike partnership understanding. We currently have the first of those three.

CMS has been vilified here but with a decent intelligent strike partner he will thrive and score loads. I wish him all the best and don't blame him if he leaves - he hasn't deserved the abuse. I hope he stays and Gus has a master plan to forge a 40 goal strike force but I think it is too difficult and expensive. It might also take a change of tactics. Gus needs to either play to players strengths or get the players in that will work for his vision; the latter again being much more difficult and expensive. All my concerns aside, I'm on the Gus bus still and trying to look positive - Kuszczak, Bruno and Bridge were great signings and the team compared to last year is on paper much stronger.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

64 posts to get the correct answer, play two up front, I don't care which two but play two up, even if we play 5 - 3 - 2, 3 - 5 - 2 or even call me old fashioned 4 - 4 - 2 but play two up front, please..

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Agree, Hoskins should have scored, but he is short of match practice, and at least he was getting in the right areas, which CMS isn't. I also don't see what's wrong with playing two strikers, especially at home, and doubly so when you're struggling to score.

This.

Hoskins and CMS are great and would make a great partnership but have never been given the opportunity and patience. Without being negative, give that time this season - I doubt we will get to the play offs let alone be promoted; establish the relationships - give it 5-6 games with the two up front and see what happens. might be a damn sight cheaper than spending millions on another player.

Feb 14, 2010
Well he has missed enough sitters to say that running around allot does not make a striker. Give me a bloke who stands around the box, with his hands on his hips, does sod all but actually has a brain to find a yard and put the ball in the net any day. Oh and someone who can score a 1 on 1. With best wishes, he and Barnes can go.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think if we play two up front, there's room for CMS as one of those two, as long as it's the CMS that played against Burnley, not the one who played yesterday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This.

Hoskins and CMS are great and would make a great partnership but have never been given the opportunity and patience. Without being negative, give that time this season - I doubt we will get to the play offs let alone be promoted; establish the relationships - give it 5-6 games with the two up front and see what happens. might be a damn sight cheaper than spending millions on another player.

I quite like the idea of that partnership...but find it interesting re the patience bit.....it would seem its something's that's lacking in a lot of peeps on here

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was not one of the reasons Gus didnt agree to GM wage demands because he had signed Hoskins to partner CMS but that hasnt happened very often due mainly to injuries but is possible now.

Dec 29, 2011
Was not one of the reasons Gus didnt agree to GM wage demands because he had signed Hoskins to partner CMS but that hasnt happened very often due mainly to injuries but is possible now.

Gus is totally clueless, Hoskins looks like a good striker when he plays, CMS has looked awful for at least two months now. It's infuriating to see him in the line up every week, what has he done to deserve getting infront of Hoskins or Dobbie?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Going back to the original post I think it is more likely that on current form Danny Graham will bypass us and go direct to Norwich. Why should they go for CMS who doesn't look like a Prem striker, although given the right support he might well get a hatful. Plus I'm sorry but why would Graham choose to come to us if a Prem or top Championship club comes in for him? Maybe Gus can sweet talk Graham in coming to us but doesn't seem likely. I am happy to be proved wrong of course.

I think Hoskins has a bit more to offer, he came on against Huddersfield and looked a real handful alongside CMS and Buckley who all pushed forward at speed and caused panic among their defence. Quite a contrast to our ponderous show against Watford so I would like to see that combo get a run out together, if Gus has the cajones to go for it. It was the last game in which Orlandi looked on form so let him loose too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here