Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lining up a bid for CMS.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Gives their defenders a torid time. Norwich would love him as he'll the defence all over the place and create holes for their midfield to exploit. We just aren't good enough for CMS.

CMS will bang the goals in if he goes just like Murrey and and Noone is twice the player he was playing for Cardiff.

Whose? He never looks like scoring, and just runs around in non-dangerous areas. I hope we can get our money back, and lose his wages - oh, and maybe even recover the money we wasted with them on Crofts?

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's harsh. It isn't his fault that he's always playing up front on his own and not playing to his strenghs.

Gus is to blame.

It's also not CMS's fault that he has an awful first touch and absolutely no football brain. Does mean we need someone better though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Someone with a brain perhaps? Hoskins, for example, looks a far more intelligent player.

Based on what? What has Hoskins done in a Brighton shirt, other than customise it.

His one and only goal at Cardiff was fantastic. In August 2011.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Which must partly boil down to the quality of our coaching. I was discussing this with a mate at the game - our manager was a centre midfielder, his assistant was a defender, and the first team coach was another midfielder. Do we have a striker coach? Maybe we need someone like Nicky Forster to come in and teach our forwards to trap a ball and then actually put it in the net.

You can't teach a good first touch,you either have it or you don't and cms doesn't.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Fingers very firmly crossed that they come in with an offer anything above what we paid. Not getting younger, poor touch and positioning and seems unwilling or unable to adapt his game from running around a lot to becoming a team player who has the ability to bring others into the game. Shame because he seems like a nice bloke and all that but not up to the football Gus (and is the philosophy at the club) wants

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He thinks he's good enough (2 national radio interviews last season). Misguided confidence or arrogance?

If I were spending at Norwich, I'd go for Austin.

I can see CMS in the Premier League. In the right team, he could do really well. He needs a proper partner up front, give him that and he'll score goals. Norwich would seemingly be a good move for him and if we're honest, us too. I rate him, bur we play a certain way and he doesn't fit. Sell him for a profit and buy a striker who will suit the style so we don't have CMS constantly on the bench and being a great flop fans can beat Gus with.

If there's an offer there, take it. Spend the money on someone better suited to the lone striker position. I like CMS, but it's best for all if we can sell him on at this point in my opinion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fingers very firmly crossed that they come in with an offer anything above what we paid. Not getting younger, poor touch and positioning and seems unwilling or unable to adapt his game from running around a lot to becoming a team player who has the ability to bring others into the game. Shame because he seems like a nice bloke and all that but not up to the football Gus (and is the philosophy at the club) wants

Top post.

Cut our losses and get a striker in who can tuck chances away, has a football brain and has touch.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Based on what? What has Hoskins done in a Brighton shirt, other than customise it.

His one and only goal at Cardiff was fantastic. In August 2011.

He's been injured most of the time, but shows good first touch ,intelligent runs, intelligent passing, and not afraid to shoot unlike most of our players.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just read it. Also that Michael laudrup has not ruled out the possibility of letting Danny graham leave.............

I dont see what this has to do with us, even if he does leave.....google "Danny Graham" and there are articles that quote interest from 4 other prem clubs and Reading with a firm offer.......

Cannot see 1 reason why he woud come to us presently

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's been injured most of the time, but shows good first touch ,intelligent runs, intelligent passing, and not afraid to shoot unlike most of our players.

I have to say that is VERY generous. I've seen all of Hoskins' games at the Amex and I certainly don't think you could call his play intelligent, not on what we've seen so far. I feel sorry for him though, and CMS. Those two as a pair for a run of 4/5 games have the potential to strike up a real understanding. It's such a shame it won't ever happen. Hoskins deserves a run in the team, but not at the expense of CMS for me, unless he shows up that much in training.

Why can't they just play as a proper pair, just once... 4-4-2 formation with Dave/Buckley one side, LuaLua the other and Bridcutt partnered by Orlandi. What is the WORST that can happen? Lose 3-1 at Watford?...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All of this, PLUS and very importantly in my opinion, does not look scared to get in where it hurts.

After his nightmare injuries, Hoskins looks like he has the attributes to be an out and out true striker for us, in tandem with the new target man we hope to get.

CMS has more than his fair share of starts, and his time is up.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I have to say that is VERY generous. I've seen all of Hoskins' games at the Amex and I certainly don't think you could call his play intelligent, not on what we've seen so far. I feel sorry for him though, and CMS. Those two as a pair for a run of 4/5 games have the potential to strike up a real understanding. It's such a shame it won't ever happen. Hoskins deserves a run in the team, but not at the expense of CMS for me, unless he shows up that much in training.

Why can't they just play as a proper pair, just once... 4-4-2 formation with Dave/Buckley one side, LuaLua the other and Bridcutt partnered by Orlandi. What is the WORST that can happen? Lose 3-1 at Watford?...

We are obviously watching different games. More threat in five minutes on Saturday than CMS managed all game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here