Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich after Crofts [merged]

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Didn't Crofts miss a game or two due to "personal" problems at the end of the season...?

I wonder if this has anything to do with him, possibly leaving this area...?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've just asked their chairman:

Norwich City | News | First News | First News | LIVE CHAIRMAN WEBCHAT

His response:

Alan Bowkett:
Hi Joe and others who have asked about these rumours - we are in discussions with a player but the formalities and medical have yet to be completed. We take medicals extremely seriously because too often in the past we have signed excellent players who have not been able to give a full season to the Club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Didn't Crofts miss a game or two due to "personal" problems at the end of the season...?

What? 1 + 1 is not 54
He didn't ask for a transfer Norwich have come in with a good offer which the Club seem to have accepted. Its football that happens

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Gerrard?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
THeir chairman says:

Alan Bowkett:
Hi Joe and others who have asked about these rumours - we are in discussions with a player but the formalities and medical have yet to be completed. We take medicals extremely seriously because too often in the past we have signed excellent players who have not been able to give a full season to the Club.

Sounds like a done deal bar the medical doesn't it. Bloody shame to lose him and not the closed season any of us were expecting so far is it!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unless you know something we don't, their chairman is a chap called Alan Bowkett....I could still ask him though if you like:lolol:

well....I have always wondered about Delia, especially after the " lets be having you "hic" " Go on...ask him

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's a shame, he's our captain, and a pretty important player, one of the core set of players who I would have done everything to keep - but if Poyet reckons he can get a better replacement with the £300k + we're likely to receive then so be it. (Either that, or get Prutton in on a free and make best use of it in another area)
THeir chairman says:

Alan Bowkett:

Sounds like a done deal bar the medical doesn't it. Bloody shame to lose him and not the closed season any of us were expecting so far is it!
Of all players, I can't see Crofts failing a medical. :lolol:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I wonder how many people will utterly slate Crofts for a "lack of commitment" to Albion, compared to the s**t Murray got (and still gets) from some on here, despite STILL being an Albion player.

Oh sorry, I forgot. Crofts runs around a lot.

:wozza:

You're getting boring. Crofts leaving is nothing like the Murray situation, why do you seem so desperate to make it so? Murray asked to leave, Crofts was the subject of a bid which the club accepted, the two are completely unrelated.

The fact of the matter is that if Crofts leaves we will be losing a valuable player who was our captain and player of the season. However, if Gus believes he can get someone better in for the money we will receive then he is obviously right to let him go. We cannot blame Crofts for wanting to play at a higher level for more money, although I would have liked him to stay.

As for your CONSTANT ramblings about how he 'runs around a lot', what are you trying to achieve and what are you talking about? It seems as if you think that any player that 'runs around' isn't any good. Wayne Rooney runs around a fair bit, is he rubbish?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're getting boring. Crofts leaving is nothing like the Murray situation, why do you seem so desperate to make it so? Murray asked to leave, Crofts was the subject of a bid which the club accepted, the two are completely unrelated.

The fact of the matter is that if Crofts leaves we will be losing a valuable player who was our captain and player of the season. However, if Gus believes he can get someone better in for the money we will receive then he is obviously right to let him go. We cannot blame Crofts for wanting to play at a higher level for more money, although I would have liked him to stay.

Murray wanted to leave TO BE WITH HIS FAMILY.

Crofts is leaving TO FURTHER HIS CAREER.

If Murray had left, he would've received sh*tloads of abuse. Crofts isn't receiving any.

Can you see the disparity between the two circumstances?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here