Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich after Crofts [merged]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At the moment he has to carry the midfield goal contribution on his own.

Err...goals...

Crofts - 5
Bennett - 7

How exactly is he carrying the goalscoring contributions on his own?!

You're just making it up as you go along.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can't believe anyone could say Crofts isn't good in the air, with their only justification for that by saying he's only headed two goals this season. I also can't believe people are still talking about him being our 'most advanced attacking midfielder'.

Well, if you've read someone who's got a blindspot downer on him a la chez on Kuipers, then yes I can... :rolleyes:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Err...goals...

Crofts - 5
Bennett - 7

How exactly is he carrying the goalscoring contributions on his own?!

You're just making it up as you go along.

Central midfield. You say he is our most advanced midfield player, so I ommited Bennett, who is a winger and clearly more attacking. Your argument is contradicting itself.

'Making it up as I go along'? - Do me a favour.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After all, Wales think he obviously has something and it can only be to his benefit playing against superior players and superior teams week in week out.

That is not a great recommendation as Wales are now one of the laughing stocks of international football and if you have any resenblance of being eligible they will pick you out of neccesity.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i think there is some duff opinion circulating about crofts not being championship standard.

i know a gillingham fan who assures me he was immense for them in the championship for two seasons, then management changed and his form etc took a big dip.

loaned out, free, us. he isn't an unknown quantity at championship level, and of course with us he can be seen to have hit form once more.

for my two cents i echoe those saying it would be detrimental to lose him. he is our captain, he ruffles feathers, demands the ball, plays it, and pops up with a crucial goal or three.

perhaps gus could find a player to do a similar job, but we are losing a lot if we lose crofts, more than the sum of his parts, and not least of all continuity for a team looking to retain a strong nucleus and push for play offs next season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If they are offering a large fee then fine, he is a good player but he is very much replaceable

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
i think there is some duff opinion circulating about crofts not being championship standard.

i know a gillingham fan who assures me he was immense for them in the championship for two seasons, then management changed and his form etc took a big dip.

loaned out, free, us. he isn't an unknown quantity at championship level, and of course with us he can be seen to have hit form once more.

for my two cents i echoe those saying it would be detrimental to lose him. he is our captain, he ruffles feathers, demands the ball, plays it, and pops up with a crucial goal or three.

perhaps gus could find a player to do a similar job, but we are losing a lot if we lose crofts, more than the sum of his parts, and not least of all continuity for a team looking to retain a strong nucleus and push for play offs next season.

Very well put.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'd be very sorry to see him go. He's our captain and both the players and staff rave about his attitude and commitment to the club. I think the people on here who would be happy to see him leave for a decent fee, don't actually realise what he does for the team, both on and off the ball. He would be sorely missed, and it would be very similar to when Hammond left, we had a gaping hole in our midfield.

Hammond kept leaving a gaping hole in our midfield when he was playing for us! :wrong:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Mr consistency, think Poyet would need a good offer to let him go. Can't see Bloom telling Poyet he has to let him go like may have happened a few years back

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Yes, for a 3rd division player, which is where we are and have been for a while.

For Crofts, an international footballer, 3rd division is not where he wants to be to further his career

He is only on the edges of the Welsh squad, and based on hs comments towards the end of last season he seems very happy with us.

He contributes hugely to our team and his contribution is being overlooked by some in the same way that Hammonds used to be. I personally think it would be a fairly big loss if he moved, yes he was released by Gillingham but only because after being a fans favourite, captain and regular in the side he fell out with their Manager.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
See I do actually agree with that. He is genuinely very good at running around (so was Tommy Fraser).

I reckon for £250k odd we could find another midfielder with a good engine and not much else to their game, surely?

I think you'll find he has alot more to his game then just running around. If you watch the game he is involved in nearly all of the short passing triangles that we play in Midfield, links up really well with both wings, and demands the ball all of the time. Can tackle (i am not sure how many bookings he has had this season but it is not many) and I think one of the few games he missed was Hartlepool away when we demonstrated how poor we are without him.

another case of a journy running with a story he found on a football forum :thumbsup:

looks like it. "Modest 6 figure sum"! Again this implies we are some crappy little club. If we accept a modest 6 figure sum for our captain then I expect Gus will be sending a few people the head of a horse and getting his "mama" to sort them out in true latino style...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Norwich City target Brighton's Crofts Norwich City Football Club - News, Results, Fixtures and Opinion - Norfolk Sport - EDP24

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but whoever wrote it seems to think we are some tin pot low wage club.
"Extremely tight budget".. I should bloomin' well hope not. He's blatantly just taken one look at Withdean and assumed we're paying Crofts £800 a week for his services.

Their fans seem to think the same 'n all..

is crofts a replacement for Rusty? - pink'un

"What would Brighton fans know about being in the Championship?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here