Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norweigan striker signs

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
My biggest worry is Poyet himself. He has said so many times about this mystery 25 goal striker, that we have now not got. I think he will be rather more than a bit miffed and this could well make him unsetteled in his position. What was all the stalling on his contract about in the summer? Was he promised player/players that have now, not been delivered?. I really hope this is not the case but is does make you think.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Its quite likely we'll sign either a good loan striker though isn't it. Poyet definitely wants another striker so I'm fairly confident it will happen.

So although we all would have LOVED to have seen a good striker with pedigree come in its not going to ruin the season at this moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well we havent so far this season, we need width and Lua Lua will provide it

Sparrow has been suspended, due to his own stupidity I know, but we havent had the benefit of his through balls for the majority of our games.

Bennett and James Smith are able to provide any width that we require and with Sparrow in the side this will allow Bennett to go over to the left and Calderon to get forward.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I hate to agree with TCB but what we needed was a goalscorer/poacher who could snap up chances when the ball was loose and floating about in the 6 yd box, not instead of Murray or Barness, but as well as, to offer competition for a starting spot and also provide good back up as a sub to come on if the other 2 are not doing the biz.

And there lies the problem. Can you think of a player worth a substantial amount of money with a proven record at this level who wants to sit on the bench at Withdean?

You haven't got an argument as I've just proved. You're claiming three strikers is a waste of money, which is frankly absurd. How many other clubs in the country do you think have only two forwards with any realistic prospect of putting the ball in the net this season?

do you know loans are still an option? do you know that was always likely, you are seriously ignorant and have a complete lack of football knowledge and have no ability to form a decent rounded opinion for an arguement

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Do you know meaningless criticism of someone you don't know makes you look really thick? I can't imagine how sad you have to be to go on nsc JUST to insult others rather than offer an opinion.

pretty much like the meaningless criticism of Barnes, Poyet etc, etc.. give it a rest now, you really are making a bigger plum of yourself than normal

You have nearly everyone disagreeing with you and you continue to be arrogant enough to post utter drivel. I knew you and that other flopsy would start as soon as it hit 6.00pm. It is not championship manager, it it far more complex than you would ever know, transfers involve seriously hard work and agreement from all parties. A 20 goal a season guy could be available on loan, how do know? Bobby Zamora was on loan initially, and was realeased by Bristol Rovers, to ourselves. look where he is now. a 20 year old forward from lets say aston villa, he may score 20 goals at our level. I have had to read comments like the Baz and Battipiedi go home you are wank comments, a complete lack of respect of others from yourself, you conitinue to be rude and make delibrately firesome comments to get a response from people. if you sat down and realised a TEAM that can score 70 plus goals in a season can get promotion/play offs or close to the play offs which would be major progress this season, we are capable of scoring that amount. Given Poyet's budget i think he has done very well, he obviously does not have alot to play with, this club has never been in a stronger position to genuinely grow and make progress over a long term plan, with an amazing stadium to boot, the club continues to lose huge amounts of money every season, so where do you think we will get money from to compete with say southampton finiancially at this stage, or would you rather we throw money at big players at the risk of losing everythig due to debt, Bloom has a business model over a period of time, that WILL NOT include paying over to top money at the point where we are in league one. if we finish 8th this year that is progress and we could build from there, Bloom wants to be in the championship, but he wants to do that through solid infrastructure not through splashing cash at anyone WE may want to sign.

I was agreeing with all of that until about 2/3 of the way through when you became yet another person to mention the words "big players" and "compete with Southampton". We don't need to do either of those things and I don't think anyone (certainly not myself) is asking us to. I'm simply asking the question why couldn't we sign a striker with some form in our level or higher. I'm not demanding we pay out £1m for Rickie Lambert or £3m on Adam Le Fondre. That's ridiculous. But we have had enough time and we have got the resources to get someone in to do the job we need. In the not too distant past we have signed Murray and Forster, and signings of that type would have been perfect again. We're not a poor club in this league, so not being able to compete with the ludicrous Southampton is irrelevant.

Butbig players is not always in terms of value, we are still on the verge of signing a striker which i am sure by now you have read, we are not a poor club, but at some stage debts from spending a very long time at withdean HAVE to be paid. that will not be done overnight. revenue streams from the new stadium will improve slowly, but perspective is what is needed, I am sure Poyet is working huge hours trying to sort things. when i sat opposite him in the departure lounge at gatwick on the way to portugal, his phone was going off almost as soon as he was hanging up from the previous call, and that was 5 weeks ago, imagine it now. we were a paper slice from going out of business, we now have falmer and a very bright future, but it is not going to be instant success, it will be measured and structured

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here