Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norweigan striker signs

What club is going to give up a 20 goal striker on loan? It will be another kid.

some teams have more strikers than they need, some players are not happy at their club, some players have not scored that many but moving to other clubs changes that, some youngsters have not been given a chance and may shine at another club, some clubs need to sell for the money, some clubs let players go then that players turns out to be a real gem(Zamora). i think that is enough examples for you, anyway this £15,000 we spent, was that our 30 per cent budget we wasted?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I for one am very pleased at the signing of the Norwegian lad, the acquisition and development of younger players, is something I am really excited about for the future. He may not be the striker we clearly need, but whilst that search continues, I am glad we have not stopped looking at other areas that are of paramount importance to the future of the club ie the development squad

Poyet has not neglected any position. as there are as many reasons to want a striker there are more for a player to turn us down. Even the withdean itself puts people off, even though it is one season left, players wont come because of that too(but that is a smaller reason) Poyet himself said he had a small list of forwards he had identified, obviously they turned us down, so by proxy, that was not for want of trying was it? It is too reactionary to state everything down to needing one player, if that one player broke, his leg a week after signing would we all be doomed again, it is a team game, we have i would estimate 40 goals from the areas other than the forwards over season is it then not inconcievable that between barnes and murray the could get 30 ish, that IS potential promotion stats, BUT that will also depend on what we conceed, so although you are right in saying tha we need a forward, it is not as much down to one player as you have stated

and signing off sums it up then, nailed down to good old honest facts........and nothing. i am sure you will be back to refresh yourself for another rant with logic soon. at no point were you ever saying what i was saying, at what point did you ever state any of this..........Butbig players is not always in terms of value, we are still on the verge of signing a striker which i am sure by now you have read, we are not a poor club, but at some stage debts from spending a very long time at withdean HAVE to be paid. that will not be done overnight. revenue streams from the new stadium will improve slowly, but perspective is what is needed, I am sure Poyet is working huge hours trying to sort things. when i sat opposite him in the departure lounge at gatwick on the way to portugal, his phone was going off almost as soon as he was hanging up from the previous call, and that was 5 weeks ago, imagine it now. we were a paper slice from going out of business, we now have falmer and a very bright future, but it is not going to be instant success, it will be measured and structured

no not irrelevent at all, you have problems understanding the text then. .....you can read this bit again..........Poyet himself said he had a small list of forwards he had identified, obviously they turned us down, so by proxy, that was not for want of trying was it? It is too reactionary to state everything down to needing one player, if that one player broke, his leg a week after signing would we all be doomed again, it is a team game, we have i would estimate 40 goals from the areas other than the forwards over season is it then not inconcievable that between barnes and murray the could get 30 ish, that IS potential promotion stats, BUT that will also depend on what we conceed, so although you are right in saying tha we need a forward, it is not as much down to one player as you have stated

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Surely the important issue here is the embarassing mispelling of Norwegian on the thread title. 8 pages and not mentioned once. What is becoming of NSC...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Norwegian to English translation

(AP) Torbjorn Agdestein (18) leaves his life as an amateur player in Stord, and is ready for a professional career in the old big club Brighton & Hove Albion.

- This is the big guy dream, "said 18-year-old told VG Nett.

Agdestein has for years been viewed as a promising striker in western Norway, and has previously been shown up in both the Fire and Haugesund.

Uk reader:
Stord has the division's best and most exciting striker in Torbjørn Agdestein.

Stord and Brighton agreed on a transitional Monday, and today signed 18-year-old a one-year contract with the club that is coached by former Chelsea and Tottenham player Gustavo Poyet. Uk know Stord receive 150,000 kronor Agdestein and 2 Division has also secured 15 percent at resale.

- How to end a Stord striker in Brighton?

- It is really unbelievable, and there are a lot of luck involved. I have an agent who was in England and accidentally talked to Brighton. Last Sunday he phoned and asked me if I could travel to England, but I did not think there was so much behind before he rang the next day to ask me pack, "says Agdestein.

After three days of auditions, Poyet had seen enough. Now Agdestein onto balløya as Norway's latest England-pro.

- I was never in doubt as Brighton said he wanted me. I do not know much about the team, but the city is fantastic, "says Agdestein.

Brighton, which is located on the south coast, located in League One at level three in English football, but focus hard on getting back to the top football. American Express Community Stadium, which will cost a bare billion, will be ready for use in Brighton next spring.

Manager: Gustavo Poyet has been given the job to lead Brighton back to top football. Photo: PA Photos

- The club will be up in the Championship Series as quickly as possible and aim up into the Premier League, says Agdestein.

According to Brighton's website will belong to the 18-year-old reserve team, but Stord boy hoping to get a chance with Poyets selected in a short time. The contract he has signed, does whatever a solid salary jump.

- In Stord I earned nothing. It needed I'd rather not, since I lived at home. Now I can live the good of football.

Brighton is located on the seventh after four series in a league that houses the old giants like Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton and Charlton. Manager Poyet Newcomer Agdestein hope soon will be a candidate for the A-squad.

- He is young talent, which is described as quick and direct. We have seen that it's true. He will belong to the reserve squad, but I hope he be a candidate for the first game, and prove that he deserves a longer contract, "said Poyet to Brighton's website.

PS! At level three in England can Agdestein going to meet another Norwegian this season. Jon-Andre Fredriksen player because of Hartlepool.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I just cut and pasted it into the google translator to save others doing, not my attempt at a translation. Sure with some thought it would take 5 minutes to tidy up but I have things on tonight. Few very interesting quotes though like -

'club' also secured 15 percent at resale.

It is really unbelievable, and there are a lot of luck involved. I have an agent who was in England and accidentally talked to Brighton. Last Sunday he phoned and asked me if I could travel to England, but I did not think there was so much behind before he rang the next day to ask me pack, "says Agdestein.

After three days of auditions, Poyet had seen enough.

I do not know much about the team, but the city is fantastic, "says Agdestein.

American Express Community Stadium, which will cost a bare billion, will be ready for use in Brighton next spring. (this made me grin)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here