Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand singers today

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Isn't the away end designed so that the noise of the fans is 'dampened' whereas in the north it is 'amplified'.... or did I make that up?
So that is what is with all the gaps that end

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Pezza said:
I was just pleased that everyone joined in this time.:thumbsup: I tried starting it away at Hartlepool a few years back and was like a voice in the wilderness where no one joined in :whistle:

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was quite disturbed by the acoustics. Can you imagine what sort of noise a packed Leeds away end will make.

We are going to have to severely up our game to compete with 2,500 hard core singing fans all congregated in the same place. I'm hoping though thus will help to crack our atmosphere up.

This is true.

We as fans need to do our job and try and keep up with the away fans. If we clam up because we're getting outsung then we have failed.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011

Found this, great effort, If it's that loud with a 20/30 fans then think how loud it'll be with around 3000 !

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
We're the West Stand, We're the West Stand, We're the West Stand Brighton Boys..

Just wait until Donny

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Found this, great effort, If it's that loud with a 20/30 fans then think how loud it'll be with around 3000 !

North wins hands down

Edit: it just goes to show the importance of a roof..

Sub Edit:just like the old days the West can only come up with Seagulls,Seagulls........WSU & WSL you have to up your game.

Last edited:

Got a feeling those in the WS hoping to make a racket might find themselves surrounded by whiney old gits who just want to sit there in silence. The North Stand might be the former H Block goon squad but they'll sure as hell be noisy.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This is very tiresome.

Had yesterday been an Albion away game, with the North Stand being the home support we'd be pissing ourselves with "10 of you singing, there's only 10 of you singing..."

Any "my stand is louder than your stand" stuff is playground nonsense.

The only thing that can be taken from yesterday is that there is every indication that a big match in a full-ish Amex could have a very special atmosphere indeed.
and so say all of us...

even though North Stand is the best , nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh :p

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say the one and only time the WSU decided to flex its voice, I found it quite THRILLING. There was a fair bit of power there. When they hit full throttle it'll be quite something. (North Stand will still be louder tho :thumbsup: )

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I was in the East stand with my 9 year old daughter yesterday and we commented on how good the vocals were.
She has only ever known Withdean so I said to her "wait till it's full up the noise will be something special, just like the old North Stand". .... Oh the memories :smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

That made me go all tingly. North Standers are going to need ear defenders once the West Stand gets going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here