Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand singers today

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I'm looking forward to the hilarious scenes at the Donny game when the North Stand sing "we're the north stand , we're the north stand , we're the north stand Brighton boys closely followed by a tsunami of noise from the WSU and WSL singing in response "we're the west stand , we're the west stand , we're the west stand Brighton boys.
Thats all well and good but if we want to outsing the away fans then we need to be singing something that the North, West and East sing TOGETHER.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is very tiresome.

Had yesterday been an Albion away game, with the North Stand being the home support we'd be pissing ourselves with "10 of you singing, there's only 10 of you singing..."

Any "my stand is louder than your stand" stuff is playground nonsense.

The only thing that can be taken from yesterday is that there is every indication that a big match in a full-ish Amex could have a very special atmosphere indeed.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
This is very tiresome.

Had yesterday been an Albion away game, with the North Stand being the home support we'd be pissing ourselves with "10 of you singing, there's only 10 of you singing..."

Any "my stand is louder than your stand" stuff is playground nonsense.

The only thing that can be taken from yesterday is that there is every indication that a big match in a full-ish Amex could have a very special atmosphere indeed.

Well said Bozza.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Well, they'll be at least two of us anyway! I think when the North and WSU are in swing it'll be infectious. The great thing about decent stadium acoustics is that you don't feel like a plum when joining in even in a quieter area as the sound bleeds all around you. If the WSL can 'join' the noise from North to WSU it should be cracking. Also I bet some naughty boys have got seats in the WSL near the away end.

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
I was at said game in the north stand about 10 rows in front of the H block boys and it sounded amazing having a good old sing song. At one point it was all most like a compition to get all the songs sung first the man in the crocodile Dundee hat seemed rather pleased with himself that he got give me a B out first at the Amex.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
On the 6th of August the place will be absolutely rocking. End of.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was quite disturbed by the acoustics. Can you imagine what sort of noise a packed Leeds away end will make.

We are going to have to severely up our game to compete with 2,500 hard core singing fans all congregated in the same place. I'm hoping though thus will help to crack our atmosphere up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was quite disturbed by the acoustics. Can you imagine what sort of noise a packed Leeds away end will make.

We are going to have to severely up our game to compete with 2,500 hard core singing fans all congregated in the same place. I'm hoping though thus will help to crack our atmosphere up.

It won't be just Leeds... any away fans with a few hundred VOCAL supporters will have a ball.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It is going to sound fantastic when even half full, in the WSL the North Sounded great with just a handful of fans, and the seagulls chants form the west showed how loud it will be at corners and goal celebrations.

Yes we have a roof, make some noise...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh yes you will.

Big time-my brother and his 20 odd mates are very much old skool & very much loud and like a drink or 6 when going to away matches on the train at half seven in the morning-all in their 40's...they will sing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It won't be just Leeds... any away fans with a few hundred VOCAL supporters will have a ball.

Agree-and this is what any real fan wants-a proper football atmosphere..it will be up to us to make sure they are out sung.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Isn't the away end designed so that the noise of the fans is 'dampened' whereas in the north it is 'amplified'.... or did I make that up?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Isn't the away end designed so that the noise of the fans is 'dampened' whereas in the north it is 'amplified'.... or did I make that up?

That sounds like something they would have done, but not sure how it could have been made like that as they look identical. Perhaps the lack of cladding in the South helps the sound escape to the carpark...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here