Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand singers today

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Found this, great effort, If it's that loud with a 20/30 fans then think how loud it'll be with around 3000 !

Been away all weekend on a stag do, thats the first footage I've seen from Saturday, first ball kicked, brings a tear to the eye! :ascarf:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4237266 said:
Got a feeling those in the WS hoping to make a racket might find themselves surrounded by whiney old gits who just want to sit there in silence. The North Stand might be the former H Block goon squad but they'll sure as hell be noisy.

I've said this from the start. It's all very well being up for singing, but when you end up next to some old doris who gets the hump if your excitement levels go higher than a corpse it gets a bit difficult to keep it up.

Some of the big groups that went up there might have a chance, but I bet it'll amount to nothing more than a couple of "seagulls" and "albions".
WSU is Withdean south stand mk2

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I've said this from the start. It's all very well being up for singing, but when you end up next to some old doris who gets the hump if your excitement levels go higher than a corpse it gets a bit difficult to keep it up.

Fair point but a lot of us have been used to that at Withdean for years and it never stopped us trying. It sure as hell won't stop us trying at the Amex where we'll sound like twice the number at least. I really think people are making too much of what was a reserve fixture.

PS; remember there won't be too many old Doris' or moody parents with sensitive kids in the centre E price band WSL as there are no concession rates there.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This is very tiresome.

Had yesterday been an Albion away game, with the North Stand being the home support we'd be pissing ourselves with "10 of you singing, there's only 10 of you singing..."

Any "my stand is louder than your stand" stuff is playground nonsense.

The only thing that can be taken from yesterday is that there is every indication that a big match in a full-ish Amex could have a very special atmosphere indeed.

Ha! Spoken like a true West stander :lolol:

Good job North Stand, keep walkin' the walk!

westy

Jul 25, 2003

Some of the big groups that went up there might have a chance, but I bet it'll amount to nothing more than a couple of "seagulls" and "albions".
WSU is Withdean south stand mk2

Couldnt agree more. All this talk of the west upper creating THE atmosphere in the ground seemed a bit wide of the mark to me. Since when has a top tier, side of pitch stand ever really been the home end?! Too far from the pitch, too high up, too many old timers who want to study the game in silence. Its always behind the goal that creates the atmosphere like it was at the Goldstone. Just because a thousand or so lads from here want The WSU to be the home end doesnt mean it will. Theres plenty of Albion fans that dont read NSC and will be heading to the North to make a lot of noise, cant wait to take my seat behind the goal on the 6th..

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was in the WSU yesterday and I think part of the reason it went a bit quiet was that when we tried to join in the Seagulls chants, we found we were miles out of synch with the North, and indeed with other parts of the West, because the acoustics were unfamiliar. Some of us paused to get back into rhythm but by then the chanting had stopped.

It won't be such a big issue when the North is full and the chanting is sustained for longer. But at pitch level I imagine the West and North are always going to be a little disjointed in their singing, for reasons a sound engineer will be able to explain with an equation of some sort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here