Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand singers today

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
was this sung ? jesus christ , H block mentality has started. Thought we were all in this together ?

WSU will be better overall for team support , North will be more people trying to be comedians ie songs aimed at stewards etc. Marathon not a sprint.

wasnt like that at all mate, the north was like the north at the goldstone, loud and behind the team, a few funny ones but there was back at the goldstone too.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Just one thing, let's not turn it into the north v west I'd like to think that we'll all be singing together and making the AMEX a fortress.
This. Couldn't agree more
We're all Albion fans,who cares where the noise comes from? North, west, east just as we drown out the south.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think it's a bit early to judge the atmosphere based on a development squad playing in a half full stadium. I confidently predict that the donny game will see noise generated from all sections and will be something to savour.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think we should all just agree, the place is incredible and when full will be f***ing rocking !

^^^^^^^

Only started the thread to acknowledge the fantastic effort by the few singers in the north today, no real need for anyone to turn it into a dickwaving contest when we are all on the same side

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
^^^^^^^

Only started the thread to acknowledge the fantastic effort by the few singers in the north today, no real need for anyone to turn it into a dickwaving contest when we are all on the same side

It's only a bit of banter! Agree with what Melias Shoes said.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Think its going to be a case of each stand not letting the other be quiet, rather than any sort of competition ie exactly how it should be.

Today whet the appetite really nicely; had the excitement, nice to walk around, get my bearings, be staring at the stadium all game rather than the football. Spurs is looking like being the ceremonial one, then I should be well and truly ready for the emotion/party that is Donny.

You'll be very pleasantly surprised to hear that there was indeed! All the old standards were heartily sung & most of the (few) folk in The North made a decent fist of things. Oh, & only 1 or 2 short renditions of you-know-what; & GOSBTS sung at half Crazy Frog speed too. Can't wait for the Tottingham game when we've got the full compliment in there: it's gonna be rockin'.

:thumbsup:

Excellent, really hoping this season sees the long overdue-death of "ALBIYERRRN"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm looking forward to the hilarious scenes at the Donny game when the North Stand sing "we're the north stand , we're the north stand , we're the north stand Brighton boys closely followed by a tsunami of noise from the WSU and WSL singing in response "we're the west stand , we're the west stand , we're the west stand Brighton boys.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Echo the comments above, the North were just fantastic bearing in mind the lack of numbers. Sounded like many many more. Great effort. Loved the enthusiastic bloke in Albion shirt waving his scarf towards the back. 'Rattle man' was pretty noisy too.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Got to agree with all this. If in the old days at Withdean if you had twenty people singing in H block or wherever, well you couldn't even hear it in F block let alone down in A or somewhere. At the Amex it was loud and clear all over the ground. It quite took me back actually as it was a bit like the old Goldstone, the North doing a bit of singing and the only noise coming from the West was the munching of Werther's Originals.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
When the st's went on sale i was in 2 minds, glad I plumped for the north. The view from my seat was fantastic (row J) but obviously not as good as other parts of the stadium. I'm sure the whole stadium will be rocking come 6/8. A couple of my friends(1901) i was with yesterday have asked if i would fancy having a swap on odd occasions. I really believe we can make the amex a fortress, all 3 stands can become a massive wall of intense intimidating noise. Have a great season everyone, roll on 6/8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here