Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand singers today

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4235320 said:
Good variety of songs?

You'll be very pleasantly surprised to hear that there was indeed! All the old standards were heartily sung & most of the (few) folk in The North made a decent fist of things. Oh, & only 1 or 2 short renditions of you-know-what; & GOSBTS sung at half Crazy Frog speed too. Can't wait for the Tottingham game when we've got the full compliment in there: it's gonna be rockin'.

:thumbsup:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I thank you, I will accept the plaudits, it was mainly us lot from h block (the adults not the kids) and yes there were only a few but how loud did that roof make us sound !! It's going to be so much fun in the north stand, I really can't wait until it's full. We even managed to keep GOSBTS at a reasonable speed !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I thank you, I will accept the plaudits, it was mainly us lot from h block (the adults not the kids) and yes there were only a few but how loud did that roof make us sound !! It's going to be so much fun in the north stand, I really can't wait until it's full. We even managed to keep GOSBTS at a reasonable speed !

More than deserved praise IMO

:bowdown:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yep me and my gobby mates will be at the Donny game in WSU............we will RULE

What, you gonna be taking megaphones then? :lol:

You lot can certainly talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?? The clock is well & truely ticking, although not on the big screens in the stadium. Obviously.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just one thing, let's not turn it into the north v west I'd like to think that we'll all be singing together and making the AMEX a fortress.

Indeed, the important thing IMO is to create an atmosphere and ousting the visiting supporters.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The few lads singing in the North were excellent! Created a great atmosphere. I'd expect that most WSU'ers weren't actually there today, but the couple of times the WSU did get a chant going, hearing from the WSL was quite awesome. Really looking forward to taking my season ticket seat in the WSU, I think between the north and WSU we'll rock the place.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
At one point when we asked the West stand for a song they responded and it made me shiver, just this sudden wall of noise coming towards us. I'm pleased NSC is typing and not speaking my throat is f**ked! Fantastic day though. I asked OGH if he could sum up the goal in one word, 'Knackering'

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought we missed a trick today, mind, when Uncle Dick was spotted in the West Stand. Shirley we should've been chanting "We all love Dick...We all love Dick..." :blush:

Still, maybe next time then eh?

I'd expect that most WSU'ers weren't actually there today
Yes. But most North Standers weren't there either. The silence from the WSU was just about the most depressing thing about today's experience. I even started to worry that the stadium had been so badly designed that ALL sound, except North Stand singing, had been suppressed out of existence.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Agreed. Seeing as the North Stand looked only about 10% full, the noise was quite incredible. Should be deafening when a full house.

It will be incredible - bring your ear plugs. I thought the WSU had one good spell which if they get going will cause noise abatement issues in Lewes - fabulous.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah but LB, the couple of times they did get into voice there was great acoustics from the WSU, have to admit it?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Yes. But most North Standers weren't there either. The silence from the WSU was just about the most depressing thing about today's experience. I even started to worry that the stadium had been so badly designed that ALL sound, except North Stand singing, had been suppressed out of existence.

Blah blah blah yada yada yada. Boring.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
"You should have gone to a library" aimed at the WSU was a highlight!

was this sung ? jesus christ , H block mentality has started. Thought we were all in this together ?

WSU will be better overall for team support , North will be more people trying to be comedians ie songs aimed at stewards etc. Marathon not a sprint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here