Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand needs a new banner...an identity.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey - I forgot just how poor the football was that day.... nervous watching it even now.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"We've come a long,long way together"

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can someone please put the actual words on here, I'm at work so no sound. TA.
Well they're something like "And Robbie Reinelt has equalised for Brighton!" Just reading them though doesn't begin to do them justice, you've got to hear the sheer emotion in Millard's voice it's quite incredible. Brought a lump to my throat even after all these years.

Wait until you get home or onto a computer with speakers and treat yourself!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We Won't be Druv

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I like Stand or Fall - it doesn't matter if nobody outside Sussex understands it - I was thinking about having that on the back of my shirt, but was too much of a cheapskate

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Well they're something like "And Robbie Reinelt has equalised for Brighton!" Just reading them though doesn't begin to do them justice, you've got to hear the sheer emotion in Millard's voice it's quite incredible. Brought a lump to my throat even after all these years.

Wait until you get home or onto a computer with speakers and treat yourself!

GOOSEBUMPS!!! first time I have heard the commentary (I was there)

Who is the co-commentator? Gerry Ryan?? Love the "defend the goal until they die" comment

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Blimey - I forgot just how poor the football was that day.... nervous watching it even now.

Exactly what I was thinking watching that again. I remember all kinds of things from that day but I had forgotten just how low we'd sunk in terms of ability.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The club said they would provide hooks along the back wall but we did not realize they meant "buy a pack of 100 for £1" hooks which fall off every time.

:lolol::lolol: Harsh but fair!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Blimey, do you know I've never heard that before. Inspiring stuff. Tony Millard, what an absolute legend.

Great isn't it?! :)

If I remember rightly (I'm at work too without sound) it's along the lines of "Great shot by Maskell (you here the crowd go oww), back off the post (short pause, as the world held it's breath)," and then it's erupts into absolute bedlum with Millard screaming "REINELT SCORES FOR BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION!! ROBBIE REINELT PUTS ALBION LEVEL!!! THE CROWD GOES MAD! WE GO MAD! IT'S BRIGHTON 1, HEREFORD 1...."

At that moment in time I was down the front at edgar street fighting to save my life in the crush and sheer explosion of joy which took place that day, jumping up and down with strangers (totally lost my lot) who were near throttling you round the neck as you just grabbed anyone to jump up and down with.

Incredible scenes, I'll never forget. I've never witnessed a goal celebrated by a crowd before or since. Johnny Byrnes flying header equaliser at Anfield not far behind. But that equaliser, when Robbie rifled it into the bottom right hand corner. My god, the place went ballistic at one end. And you could have heard a pin drop at the other probably. Fortunately it was our day and both clubs survived. But only 1 would have had RR not scored. And this website would probably, well, there'd be no need for it!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I don't sit in the North stand but will happily chip in for a huge banner across the back with 'Stand or fall', 'Right here, Right now' or 'We won't be druv' on it. It has to be done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here