Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand needs a new banner...an identity.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
With new pic...

Falmer_Stadium_-_north_stand copy.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Is there anymore news on this?
If the Sussex by the sea words on screen things gets the go ahead a banner like this to back it up would be fantastic!

Do we all agree on the design? It might cost a few bob but I'll throw a few quid at it, sure others would too.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
could we not hang 'Stand Or Fall' from the front the stand (i know it has a slope on that so might be difficult) but that would look really good and we could have the increasing in numbers banners up on the back wall ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
could we not hang 'Stand Or Fall' from the front the stand (i know it has a slope on that so might be difficult) but that would look really good and we could have the increasing in numbers banners up on the back wall ?

Might be hard enough to get the club to have a space reserved for this banner, let alone the front of the roof? If that's what u r saying. It needs something in that area, this would be a massive boost for us fans, to have something like this. Are there any clever clogs out there that know how to make this happen?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Right Here Right Now gets my vote. I don't sit on the North but would happily chip in.

What's stopping us W S Uppers from hanging banners across the front of the stand, by the way? Not sure the club would be happy with banners covering the advertising hoardings, but the banners and flags would look great up there.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Right Here Right Now gets my vote. I don't sit on the North but would happily chip in.

What's stopping us W S Uppers from hanging banners across the front of the stand, by the way? Not sure the club would be happy with banners covering the advertising hoardings, but the banners and flags would look great up there.

Think the club won't allow it, I think I saw it on another thread. Advertising board issues.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Think the club won't allow it, I think I saw it on another thread. Advertising board issues.

Can we have some hooks on the back wall of the West Upper then?

Oh sod it... i think i'll just swap my West Upper seat for one in the North Stand next season... it looks much more fun over there!

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Can we have some hooks on the back wall of the West Upper then?

Oh sod it... i think i'll just swap my West Upper seat for one in the North Stand next season... it looks much more fun over there!

We were thinking of doing the same thing, accept we need 3 seats in a row if we wanna swap :down:... Wish it was a bit more lively in WSU.

Edit : The hook idea would be a good idea, and it wouldn't affect the club. It would generate a bit more atmosphere.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Might be hard enough to get the club to have a space reserved for this banner, let alone the front of the roof? If that's what u r saying. It needs something in that area, this would be a massive boost for us fans, to have something like this. Are there any clever clogs out there that know how to make this happen?
yes from the roof would look great, much better to make our own banners than have club made ones like the ones at Arsenal and most premiership clubs. Keep up the good work everyone

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
like this idea alot along with the GOSBTS lyrics on the screen and a big sussex banner/flag in the north .

is it just an idea or does it have some backing ?

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
Love the Stand or Fall banner - would be great to see that happen! Put me down for £20

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here