Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday (according to Twitter)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope he doesn't celebrate when he scores a hatrick.

That does sound daft, but as others have said, he played well when we played them at the Amex, so I imagine he'd play well again, and him scoring isn't that likely.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't dis-respect players not wishing to celebrate scoring a goal against a club they had supported or played for, or for a number of other reasons but the principal consideration is that 'the' player would nonetheless give his all for his current club but if that was in doubt ??

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If he scores a winner in the waning minutes of the game, I defy him not to celebrate.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
wow the s*** that comes out of NSC never ceases to surprise me, next anyone who doesn't sleep in Brighton duvets isn't loyal and shouldn't be playing

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good on Nooney, he's supported the club as a lifelong fan - i think that is absolutely fair enough. Plus he had a stormer against them in the game at the Amex, Gerrard said so himself!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As Nooney grew up, I would think he dreamed of scoring a goal at Anfield, so he's not going to pass up on the chance that he's got on Sunday, if he's selected. In fact, I think it will motivate him to try, but I respect the fact that he wouldn't want to celebrate.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Seems perfectly reasonable to me:
Albion's Liverpudlian winger revealed to The Argus: "I've thought about scoring and playing there. If I am lucky enough to do that and score it will be a dream come true. I wouldn't celebrate, just out of respect really to the club I love and support"

If i were Gus, i'd start him. He will be busting a gut to do well.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
If the lad doesn't want to celebrate scoring against the childhood team he supported , then fine, I wouldn't want to if I scored against my beloved Albion, but, as many have said he played superb against them at the Amex, and at the end of the day he is a professional playing for us, and if he plays ( I don't think he will start) then I am sure he will put in 100% .

I do however think all this twitter twattering is causing problems, and I really wish people would think before they post anything.

albionite

May 20, 2009
He will try and play well, as he will want to impress them as much as he would want to impress us. If I scored against Brighton I wouldn't celebrate either.
This thread is a whole much about nothing to be honest!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
His reaction to hitting the bar in the League Cup game didn't look like the reaction of a man who can decide in a calm manner how he tempers his celebration. I somehow don't think he'll do a 'Dennis Law' if he scores the winner in injury time.

I once had a dream that I played for Palace, In a match against the Albion it was nil- nil till the 90th minute, I then ran the length of the pitch to whack the ball (I think it was header thought) into my own net, I then ran over to the celebrating Albion fans, ripped off the red and blue shit and dived headfirst into the crowd, I was then carried by the fans all the way to Selhurst station, I don't think I ever got picked again.

just sayin like

D

Deleted User X18H

I once had a dream that I played for Palace, In a match against the Albion it was nil- nil till the 90th minute, I then ran the length of the pitch to whack the ball (I think it was header thought) into my own net, I then ran over to the celebrating Albion fans, ripped off the red and blue shit and dived headfirst into the crowd, I was then carried by the fans all the way to Selhurst station, I don't think I ever got picked again.

just sayin like
Blimey that beats your usual dream about the bird in Greggs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here