Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday (according to Twitter)

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Now I understand if you score against an ex team....

But not celebrating if you score against the team you support, do me a favour.

Craig you play for the Albion, your playing in the last 16 of the FA Cup you f***ing better celebrate if you notch the winner.

Am I alone in my thoughts ???

Yeah, right, of course he wont. Newspaper filler.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Buckley's celebration against Newcastle (his boyhood club) is my screen saver.

I'd prefer a celebration but Barnes barely celebrated when he scored at 2-0 other than to do the "gee up the crowd" move before sprinting back to the centre circle.

A goal's a goal. If we win, celebration or not, I really don't care.

For what its worth, as other have said, I think he's behind Buckley and Lua Lua at the moment anyway.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, come the day if Noone scores it won't matter whether he celebrates or not, we'll all be too busy GOING F**ING MENTAL to notice.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
I couldn't care less who scores or how they celebrate, as long as we do score.

That being said, I find it hard to believe that any professional footballer scoring at Anfield in the cup would be able to contain themselves.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First of all he has got to be picked, and then he has to play, and then he has to shoot straight: not onto the roof. It is the latter that seems most likely (not on target). And then there is Reina (or Doni at a pinch).

I think he might be our best choice to start on the left side of midfield in a 4-4-2. Only later change it to the the 4-3-3 or variants thereof.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am a bit suprised by the unnecessary comments about Nooney on here. He responded to a specific question I asked him about what he'd do in such a event, he didn't come straight out with I wouldn't celebrate. But I suppose he felt he needed to repsond to the question in one way or an other.

He is a top lad.

Brighton & Hove Albion: Noone – I don’t think I’d celebrate if I scored in front of the Kop!
By Tim Hodges from the Amex Press Briefing

Craig Noone told Brighton and Hove News this morning that he doesn’t think he’d celebrate, if he scored for the Albion in front of the Kop. And that he will respect the club he has supported since he was a young boy.

Noone is looking foward immensely to Sunday’s game but manager Gus Poyet has not yet confirmed his inclusion in the squad.

Noone is aware of Albion’s great FA Cup pedigree against Liverpool, saying that he had been told about the great results the Seagulls acheived in the 1980s.

Gus Poyet said that he hoped to complete the loan signing of Abdul Razak from Manchester City later today. And perhaps one other player as well.

He hopes the experience of playing against Liverpool will serve his players well. And perhaps will prepare them in the long term, for the Premier League. He discussed how proud he was when the Seagulls played at Aston Villa two years ago and commented on what a great place Anfield is to play at. He also metioned that the players won’t need motivating for this game.

Poyet revealed the idea is to go to Anfield, play the Albions’s normal game and win. Although he admits that this is a big ask. The Albion will need to be at their best to have any chance and will need to keep the ball better than they do, and defend better than they do, and bascially out perform the Merseysiders.

A squad of about 20 to Liverpool and should include Vicente and Will Buckley. Buckley is a 100% certain to travel.

Gus was aware of the comparisions being made to the 1983 cup run. But doesn’t appear to think a win at Anfield would detract attention from the ultimate goal of this season, which is reaching the play-offs.

Poyet commented on the 6,000 fans travelling to Liverpool, saying that he hoped that the fans would enjoy the day and that the team would make them proud. He added that Albion fans always made a lot of noise.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am a bit suprised by the unnecessary comments about Nooney on here. He responded to a specific question I asked him about what he'd do in such a event, he didn't come straight out with I wouldn't celebrate. But I suppose he felt he needed to repsond to the question in one way or an other.

He is a top lad.

Brighton & Hove Albion: Noone – I don’t think I’d celebrate if I scored in front of the Kop!
By Tim Hodges from the Amex Press Briefing

Craig Noone told Brighton and Hove News this morning that he doesn’t think he’d celebrate, if he scored for the Albion in front of the Kop. And that he will respect the club he has supported since he was a young boy.

Noone is looking foward immensely to Sunday’s game but manager Gus Poyet has not yet confirmed his inclusion in the squad.

Noone is aware of Albion’s great FA Cup pedigree against Liverpool, saying that he had been told about the great results the Seagulls acheived in the 1980s.

Gus Poyet said that he hoped to complete the loan signing of Abdul Razak from Manchester City later today. And perhaps one other player as well.

He hopes the experience of playing against Liverpool will serve his players well. And perhaps will prepare them in the long term, for the Premier League. He discussed how proud he was when the Seagulls played at Aston Villa two years ago and commented on what a great place Anfield is to play at. He also metioned that the players won’t need motivating for this game.

Poyet revealed the idea is to go to Anfield, play the Albions’s normal game and win. Although he admits that this is a big ask. The Albion will need to be at their best to have any chance and will need to keep the ball better than they do, and defend better than they do, and bascially out perform the Merseysiders.

A squad of about 20 to Liverpool and should include Vicente and Will Buckley. Buckley is a 100% certain to travel.

Gus was aware of the comparisions being made to the 1983 cup run. But doesn’t appear to think a win at Anfield would detract attention from the ultimate goal of this season, which is reaching the play-offs.

Poyet commented on the 6,000 fans travelling to Liverpool, saying that he hoped that the fans would enjoy the day and that the team would make them proud. He added that Albion fans always made a lot of noise.

Is there a reason why you write as if you are taking the minutes of a parish council meeting?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Now I understand if you score against an ex team....

But not celebrating if you score against the team you support, do me a favour.

Craig you play for the Albion, your playing in the last 16 of the FA Cup you f***ing better celebrate if you notch the winner.

Am I alone in my thoughts ???

Theres more chance of me being blessed by the pope than Noone scoring at Anfield:D

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's a professional footballer, and he plays for us - and I think he always tries his best. Why can't he be a football fan too, and have his own favoite team (as a fan, not as a player)? Good luck to him

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So if you were playing for Leeds and supported Brighton all your life, you would celebrate if you scored against them?

I wouldn't.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It is his boyhood favourite team, and where he is from. Would you like a Brighton born, Crystal Palace player celebrating a goal against us? Probably not. He will still play, he's going to want to impress the big teams, so he's going to have to work hard to get that attention and what better way than putting on a brilliant performance against a top EPL club?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I wouldn't celebrate if I scored a goal against Brighton. But then again I'm not a profesional footballer, so my take on things might be a bit different to say, a profesional footballer.

I bet he bloody well will though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here