Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday (according to Twitter)

Cuffs

Jan 29, 2010
If I had the chance to be a professional footballer and played for another team and scored against Brighton I wouldnt celebrate.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Oh my god get over yourselves. He was MOM against them at the AMEX, by a long way. He certainly didn't hold back from giving one of his best performances. If I scored against Brighton I wouldn't celebrate, in fact if I was a good enough player I'm not sure I could even play against them. Truth be told I've got more respect for him now he said this than before. He loves his club as much as we all love Brighton, get your heads out your backsides and ask yourself what you would do.

That was exactly my point. If I was playing against Brighton then I wouldn't want to play well, and I certainly wouldn't try and score! Therefore it's better I didn't play against them.

D

Deleted User X18H

Just played it back what he actually said was '' I wouldn't celebrate I don't think I'd just show a bit of respect. I've supported them all my life''.

Fair play to him. Nice lad.

It's a good interview watch it palyer if you can.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Seems reasonable, completely agree with everyone saying they wouldn't celebrate if they scored against the Albion. He'll still play to the best of his ability, but if he'd feel odd celebrating against the club he's supported all his life then that's fine by me. As long as he plays his best does it matter all that much if he celebrates?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
That was exactly my point. If I was playing against Brighton then I wouldn't want to play well, and I certainly wouldn't try and score! Therefore it's better I didn't play against them.

That's probably true for you and me, however he is still a professional footballer. If he had a mare against them.before I may agree with you but he gave one of his best performances.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's an understandable feeling, but why go public with it? Surely it can only be seen negatively in Poyet's eyes?

Reminds me of the time Andrew Whing got a bit over-excited at the prospect of playing against 'boyhood heroes' Aston Villa. In the end he got left out of the side.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just as well Elphick and Dicker are still injured. We'd have half the team 'not trying'...

:jester:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Reminds me of the time Andrew Whing got a bit over-excited at the prospect of playing against 'boyhood heroes' Aston Villa. In the end he got left out of the side.

Add to that with the fact that he was f***ing SHIT, and you may be getting more accurate.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If I was a professional footballer and I had to play against Brighton, I wouldn't celebrate if I scored either.

What's wrong with that?

Edit:

Should have carried on reading to the 2nd page before posting that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As long as the goal wasn't just a pointless consolation after we've been givien a good hiding, I'd wager if Noone scored at Anfield sending 6,000 fans absolutely nuts, he'd get caught up in the moment and celebrate alright. Scoring at Anfield would be the pinnacle of his career so far, I find it hard to believe if he popped a late winner in, or an equaliser, he'd just turn round and walk back to our half.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As long as the goal wasn't just a pointless consolation after we've been givien a good hiding, I'd wager if Noone scored at Anfield sending 6,000 fans absolutely nuts, he'd get caught up in the moment and celebrate alright. Scoring at Anfield would be the pinnacle of his career so far, I find it hard to believe if he popped a late winner in, or an equaliser, he'd just turn round and walk back to our half.

This. I don't think the other players would allow him just a muted celebration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here