Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday (according to Twitter)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A fist pump would be nice, that's what I think.

Nah! He should run the length of the pitch like a whirling Dervish and scream at the entire Kop a la Gary Neville!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't blame him. I wouldn't be able to celebrate against the Albion, if I ever scored against us. I would be doing my damndest TO score, though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh my god get over yourselves. He was MOM against them at the AMEX, by a long way. He certainly didn't hold back from giving one of his best performances. If I scored against Brighton I wouldn't celebrate, in fact if I was a good enough player I'm not sure I could even play against them.

100% this! I know it's pie in the sky, but if I was ever a professional footballer, I'd have it written into my contract that I could refuse to play against Brighton!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Put yourself in his shoes. Imagine playing against The Albion and scoring, I know I wouldn't celebrate.
Exactly , I would try my hardest and be professional enough to get my club through the game and try and score if the opportunity arises , but do it without celebrating.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
If I were to play as a pro' footballer for a team other than albion and I was playing against them for a lower league opposition I dont think I would?

If I played for liverpool v BHA then I probably would celebrate? :shrug:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not to worry,if he continues,from where he left off,ie against Millwall the other night,he has no chance of playing let alone scoring

So we can expect to see the development squad playing against Liverpool then? Based on their performances against Millwall only 1or 2 of the first team deserve to play on Sunday.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Can't believe what I'm reading. So apparently he shouldn't play because he won't celebrate a goal? Oh dear. He's a great player and he'll want to play his very best, get a grip people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Albion fans should, out of respect, join in and not celebrate.

Imagine it: Craig Noone scores in the Kop end to secure the Albion a memorable victory over Liverpool and you could hear a pin drop.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Albion fans should, out of respect, join in and not celebrate.

Imagine it: Craig Noone scores in the Kop end to secure the Albion a memorable victory over Liverpool and you could hear a pin drop.

That would be almost as good as whoever it is that has the "Lets pretend we scored a goal" chant (Middlesbrough maybe?)

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I don't think we can question his commitment to the game though, he's a professional. If anything, he'll want a corker of a game scoring loads of goals in the hope Kenny will go "wow, he's good, let's buy him".

It's his boyhood/home club, of course he may not celebrate, completely understandable. As "fans" surely this will resonate true, would you expect Albion fans playing for other clubs to celebrate ott against us?

As some above had said, there seem to be many precious princesses on here. At the end of the day, as long as he (and the rest) all give 100%, that's all we can demand.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Having seen him do eff all at leeds and against millwall (and countless times this season hear mendoza say look up noone) im thinking we should have snapped cardiffs hands off for close to a million when we had the chance.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Having seen him do eff all at leeds and against millwall (and countless times this season hear mendoza say look up noone) im thinking we should have snapped cardiffs hands off for close to a million when we had the chance.

I dunno, apart from his inability to look up (it's a real problem but one he can work on) he's generally a good player. I didn't think he was that bad against Millwall, cut gaping holes in their defence more than once but his final ball is certainly an issue. However, with competition coming at him in the squad he might have to up his game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

This. It's all about Buckley, Lua Lua and Vicente right now. Noone is SOOOOO last August.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he scores against Liverpool it will be the biggest goal he's scored in his life and will boost his fee-earning potential. If he doesn't want to celebrate that's up to him, but it seems a bit daft.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If I was playing for Southend say, and I got Brighton in the cup. I would play out of my ****ing skin. Why? Because if I can grab their attention, maybe in the future they'll sign me.

If I scored, I wouldn't celebrate, Brighton are my team, and no chance would I celebrate, but come on, that's just my view Nooney has the game of his life, probably because in his dreams he's imagining doing that, scoring a hattrick and Liverpool coming in for him in the summer.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here