Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone Signs *Official*

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hey.. i'm a plymouth fan, but i come in peace!

I just want to say what a quality signing Craig Noone is and that you guys dont quite realise how much of a bargain you've got. If the fee i've heard of £300k is right, you've got as much of a bargain as Spurs did on Van Der Vaart. I'm personally gutted that Craig has left. He's been the captain recently in Fletchers absence and he's carried the team along with Wright-Phillips on several occasions.

He will be the signing that takes you up. There's no better left winger in this whole league and after seeing them both for my club, i'll tell you he's 10x the player that Jason Puncheon was. He can beat a man with his eyes closed (although, he tends to keep his eyes open, as im sure you'll be glad to hear), he's dangerous from set pieces, he's a great crosser of the ball, he's quick and he scores goals. He's not one of those arrogant young footballers who has his head so far up his own arse that he can't see daylight (unlike Ashley Barnes), he's down to earth and after rising up from non-league he's grown to be a determined player, wont back out of a challenge and wont stop running till the jobs done.

For this price, that really is one of the signings of the season. Good luck to you lot for the rest of the season. I hope Craig gets up the Championship where he deserves to be and i hope we can cope without him. I really wish we weren't in this financial mess and we coulda held onto him!

Cheers Fella's.
WRB.

(Oh and in response to the guy who asked if his stature means he's injury prone. He's not. He hasn't been injured at all in 2010, to my memory.)

Thanks. Lets hope he lives up to his billing!

Although you were relegated did he perform well in the Championship last season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would'nt mind betting our form will start to pick up against Orient tomorrow even without Noone playing, The midfield will know that one of them is going to lose they're place to Noone so I can see them all upping they're game. Thinking back to when LuaLua was here even when he was on the bench the midfield played a lot better knowing he could come on at any point to replace one of them.

For my money, the Charlton game showed signs that the players were regaining some of that form anyway. Yes, it was only a draw, but it was a great draw under the circumstances, and in the second half especially, it looked as though they were starting to gain in confidence and knock it around like they were in September/October. It was far better than in other games recently, where they looked too nervous. But having said that, Noone can only add to that. It's all coming together :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We could not do that, as Plymouth needed the full payment up front. A loan has to be for a minimum 28 days, which would delay the fee being paid.

Just a hypothetical...

Would it have been possible to pay the [alledged £300K] as a fee for loaning him, then at the end of 28 days sign him on a "free transfer"? Or are you not allowed to pay fees for loaning someone?

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks. Lets hope he lives up to his billing!

Although you were relegated did he perform well in the Championship last season?

He didnt get a chance under Sturrock, thats why he went to Exeter on loan but from about February onwards he featured hugely. He was pretty good most games, always looked a threat, but he was playing in a side that didn't have a recognised goalscorer so it made things harder. Now we have BWP to finish things off, he's much more effective. If you've got someone who will put the ball in the net, Noone will find them and he'll do fantastic in the Championship in a side that plays decent football (unlike us).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If the fee i've heard of £300k is right, you've got as much of a bargain. For this price, that really is one of the signings of the season.

I think his contract was up at the end of the season so £300k for a player that would have walked on a free at the end of the season is a very substantial price. May well be a bargain, but need to see that fee in context.

I would'nt mind betting our form will start to pick up against Orient tomorrow even without Noone playing.

I know we have last two of the last five and drawn the other three, but I'm not convinced our form has beent he problem. Our finishing (and penalty taking) has been. We've been playing quite well. Form is ok - results need to pick up.

And I agree - based on what we saw on Wednesday - and if our guys aren't knackered - we won't need Noone to beat Orient.

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
I think his contract was up at the end of the season so £300k for a player that would have walked on a free at the end of the season is a very substantial price. May well be a bargain, but need to see that fee in context.

Yeah, i accept that, but if he wasn't out of contract. He's easily worth £500k+. I'm not sure why we've sold him so early. We coulda found other teams interested, should've let teams bid it out. You can see why we're in debt though *facepalm*

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My understanding is that Brighton came in very quickly with a substantial offer based on an up front payment. Your time pressure was not the Transfer window, but the court case. With a commitment to pay from us in the bag I believe it meant you were able to get a postponement of the Revenue court case. That £300k may have been invaluable if it meant you could defer the hearing until after the transfer window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it have been possible to pay the [alledged £300K] as a fee for loaning him, then at the end of 28 days sign him on a "free transfer"? Or are you not allowed to pay fees for loaning someone?

or because I think in devious ways could TB/the club have not paid the money to whoever it is meant for at the court eg HMRC and then signed him for free or an undiosclosed fee (£1),

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think this transfer is very similar to Leeds buying Beeney all those years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here