Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone Signs *Official*

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Another signing that really shows our intent. Signing rival teams best players and captains is something we haven't been able to do for a long time, but following Greer and Sparrow, this looks like another real coup.

Absolutely right. And of course we were in Plymouth's boat (excuse the naval pun!), having to sell Darren Currie and Danny Cullip to survive (or were Sheffield United in the Premiership, I can't remember?) Some clubs' fans will accuse us of having a sugar daddy, but thankfully Tony is not prepared to pay daft wages just to get big names to sign.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Anyone else like the thought if we get promoted of playing 4-5-1 away with Murray up top assuming we keep him but can't sign an amazing striker

It worked brilliantly at Swindon with Sparrow supporting Barnes even though he is clearly not a hold up the ball striker and looked lost in that game. With Murray it should work even better.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Ankergren

2. Calderon
5. El-Abd
6. Greer
3. Painter

7. Bennett
10. Sparrow
4. Kishischev
8. Dicker
11. Noone

9. Murray

:drool:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if it has been already asked, is Noone FA-Cup-tied?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Ankergren

Calderon El-Abd Greer Painter

Kishischev Dicker

Noone Bennett LuaLua

Murray​

If only LuaLua wasn't injured. :down:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm as happy with this signing as it's possible to be without ever seeing the guy kick a ball.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
from a mate:

"seen him 3 times for plymouth against us this year, nowt special, likes to run at defenders but falls over to easy and dives"

sounds AMAZING :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
from a mate:

"seen him 3 times for plymouth against us this year, nowt special, likes to run at defenders but falls over to easy and dives"

sounds AMAZING :lolol:

That seems to contradict what Exeter and plymouth fans think, so I think I'll give 'your mate's' opinion a miss :lolol:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Noone, a better signing than Ward & Zamora?
Lets wait and see if he lives up to expectations, he looks rather lightweight similar to Cox and Robinson and if he is half as good
as some say why was he not in a Championship side?
If he does make the grade, then fine.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
never has a player that no one has ever heard of until we tried to sign him, been so amazing that he has become exactly what we have been missing all these years, as Craig Noone. Best player in the league by miles, better than Kazenga, probably better than Jesus!!
:jester:

A bit contrived? A lot of us have seen him play, and we need a left winger so I think people are allowed to be a bit excited.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if he is half as good
as some say why was he not in a Championship side?.

Good question. Likewise, I never understood why Zamora was only Bristol Rovers reserve before signing for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here