Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone Signs *Official*

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Undoubtably his initiation song will have to be 'Something Tells Me I'm Into Something Good' - as sung with his 'hermits'! (hope his slight stature 5'7" 67 kgs does not make him prone to injury)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Great signing for the club.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We could not do that, as Plymouth needed the full payment up front. A loan has to be for a minimum 28 days, which would delay the fee being paid.

Arggh Paul - why'd you go and do that .... you've taken away another excuse for some to criticise the club, even after good news.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Another signing that really shows our intent. Signing rival teams best players and captains is something we haven't been able to do for a long time, but following Greer and Sparrow, this looks like another real coup.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Thanks Insider I'd thought this might be part of the issue raised but we can't be sure and maybe you can :)

He's exactly what we needed, a direct, out and out winger, left footed but can swap to other side. Good character with history of leadership and at 23 young but coming into prime. Chip in a few goals t6o.

Anyone else like the thought if we get promoted of playing 4-5-1 away with Murray up top assuming we keep him but can't sign an amazing striker (as good would not be better than we already have :bhasign: ) and then Noone, Bennett and LuaLua if we got him back. Similar wingers swapping whether they're on natural side whipping crosses or opposites and cutting in, with Bennett central.... all young direct and creative character guys with a good set peice and able to swap with each other.

Formation would let us play 2 of our great holding central guys which is another strength of our squad and free up our wing backs.

I actually like Barnes and who knows about Sandaza, but think the last missing peice this season is a full back capable of playing both sides not a striker (unless someone of insane quality for this league). Kish could play either side in a pinch but seems to be valuable every minute he can play in midfield.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Great news! Now we cna go back to playing two wingers... watch our form jump again!!

I would'nt mind betting our form will start to pick up against Orient tomorrow even without Noone playing, The midfield will know that one of them is going to lose they're place to Noone so I can see them all upping they're game. Thinking back to when LuaLua was here even when he was on the bench the midfield played a lot better knowing he could come on at any point to replace one of them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It also helps being top of the league....
It also helps being able to meet Plymouth's fee and it also helps that we're about to move into a state of the art stadium. My point is that all of these things contribute but my gut feeling is that the presence of Gus and Tanno attract players above all else.

Sep 1, 2010
It also helps being able to meet Plymouth's fee and it also helps that we're about to move into a state of the art stadium. My point is that all of these things contribute but my gut feeling is that the presence of Gus and Tanno attract players above all else.

I think it is more about the attraction of Charlie Oatway's Husky uncooth voice that wins 'em over

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can we adapt blue moon to blue Noone.

Quick attempt:

Blue Noone
You left them standing alone
Without a hope of the ball
Etc etc help!

Wottons Right Boot

Dec 31, 2010
Hey.. i'm a plymouth fan, but i come in peace!

I just want to say what a quality signing Craig Noone is and that you guys dont quite realise how much of a bargain you've got. If the fee i've heard of £300k is right, you've got as much of a bargain as Spurs did on Van Der Vaart. I'm personally gutted that Craig has left. He's been the captain recently in Fletchers absence and he's carried the team along with Wright-Phillips on several occasions.

He will be the signing that takes you up. There's no better left winger in this whole league and after seeing them both for my club, i'll tell you he's 10x the player that Jason Puncheon was. He can beat a man with his eyes closed (although, he tends to keep his eyes open, as im sure you'll be glad to hear), he's dangerous from set pieces, he's a great crosser of the ball, he's quick and he scores goals. He's not one of those arrogant young footballers who has his head so far up his own arse that he can't see daylight (unlike Ashley Barnes), he's down to earth and after rising up from non-league he's grown to be a determined player, wont back out of a challenge and wont stop running till the jobs done.

For this price, that really is one of the signings of the season. Good luck to you lot for the rest of the season. I hope Craig gets up the Championship where he deserves to be and i hope we can cope without him. I really wish we weren't in this financial mess and we coulda held onto him!

Cheers Fella's.
WRB.

(Oh and in response to the guy who asked if his stature means he's injury prone. He's not. He hasn't been injured at all in 2010, to my memory.)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Guys
Exeter fan here
We had Noone on loan last year and he is the bees! I don't know why we havent signed him because you have got him at a great price!

If you dont know much about him then id sum him up as just awesome! He can run past anyone, loves to dart down the wings, he has a wicked cross on him and really understands the game. He was captain for *them* against us a couple weeks back and he took us apart!

Great signing, shame hes making his début against us though! Grr

Rob

I know Plymouth are desperate for the money but I'd have thought even they would draw the line at selling their best player to their local rivals, especially when they're only a few places above them in the league.

Besides, it's one thing saying Exeter might have a few quid in the bank from selling Ryan Harley, but it's not just about a transfer fee is it- there's signing on fees, wages, taxes etc. This will be costing the Albion more than £300k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here